EgyptKang

'Dreams do pay off': Black women cheer royal engagement

105 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

So black women should not be happy when a fellow African American dates a white guy? How is your life affected in any way?

And not just any white guy but Prince Henry of Wales.  

On 12/2/2017 at 11:43 AM, EgyptKang said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a1f2ca0d-2551-3444-ba61-ed61cb0f9945/ss_'dreams-do-pay-off'%3A-black.html

This would be laughable if it wasn't sad. If this isn't Stockholm Syndrome I don't know what is.

Not the fact that she is marrying a white guy.....no not that. The reaction of black women is what I find sad. 

Is Stockholm syndrome better illustrated by African American loyalty to the party of Jim Crow and segregation?

On 12/2/2017 at 11:43 AM, EgyptKang said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/a1f2ca0d-2551-3444-ba61-ed61cb0f9945/ss_'dreams-do-pay-off'%3A-black.html

This would be laughable if it wasn't sad. If this isn't Stockholm Syndrome I don't know what is.

Not the fact that she is marrying a white guy.....no not that. The reaction of black women is what I find sad. 

Whoa! My wife married a white guy! You and I usually agree on most things EK,... hell, pretty damn near on 100% of the discussions we participate in. But this sounds like you're throwin' daggers at me because of what, rather than who I am. Also sounds like you're taking a convenient swipe at my wife because of who she's decided to build a family and home with. Please tell me I'm wrong,... for if I'm not, you're just as bad as other racist nuckleheads in here. Again,... please tell me I totally got your words wrong and all you're waiting on from me is an apology!

Edited by ericpd

1 hour ago, ericpd said:

Whoa! My wife married a white guy! You and I usually agree on most things EK,... hell, pretty damn near on 100% of the discussions we participate in. But this sounds like you're throwin' daggers at me because of what, rather than who I am. Also sounds like you're taking a piss at my wife because of who she's decided to share her bed and build a family with. Please tell me I'm wrong,... for if I'm not, you're just as bad as other racist nuckleheads in here. Again,... please tell me I totally got your words wrong and all you're waiting on from me is an apology!

Read the last part of my post. I don't condemn interracial marriage. The reaction of these black women to this marriage is what this article is about.

We still agree.

1 hour ago, ericpd said:

Please tell me I'm wrong,... for if I'm not, you're just as bad as other racist nuckleheads in here. 

You are not wrong.