Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meth007

What'chew talking about Todd

94 posts in this topic

https://mobile.twitter.com/allieberube/status/937115226478141440

So "built" differently "the selection" means what Willis....

Oh, I guess the thought is that Dunbar put together some all star team and beat his team? That we can just cruise past the sentinels with some hard work but... hey, how hard do you have to work with an unfair advantage? We have an unfair advantage? The same so called unfair advantage Edmondson.and Douglass; teams they have defeated over the years had. The difference.. they defeated those teams to win rings...

 

Your thoughts

Edited by meth007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...No complaints recently when the Poets were absent from the championship...

Edited by BJC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunbar wasn't absent from the championship.  They were there or in the playoffs.  They just didn't win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, meth007 said:

Your thoughts

Damn, a simple something like "...Congrats, the better team today won..." would have been so much better.  Coach sounds sore over his loss.  He doesn't expect to take a 10-yard swing or flat pass and go 80-yards to score but I know damn well he has seen Dunbar REPEATLY do that in the last couple weeks.  Hell, Dunbar must have done it three times just the week before before the entire FH coaching staff at the HdG-Dunbar game.  Dunbar unnecessarily showed it late in that game when Lawrence should have just run out the clock.  Come on FH, you played well, very well, but just came up short.  There is no cause to pull out the ole all-star team, recruited, unfair, BS.  Man the Puck Up before The DayWalker goes off on one of its own publics!!!!  This is the crap I was talking about with TD Helmick.... :unsure:

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Damn, a simple something like "...Congrats, the better team today won..." would have been so much better.  Coach sounds sore over his loss much like that loss at Poly ala Estep 2010.  He doesn't expect to take a 10-yard swing or flat pass and go 80-yards to score but I know damn well he has seen Dunbar REPEATLY do that in the last couple weeks.  Hell, Dunbar must have done it three times just the week before before the entire FH coaching staff at the HdG-Dunbar game.  Dunbar unnecessarily showed it late in that game when Lawrence should have just run out the clock.  Come on FH, you played well, very well, but just came up short.  There is no cause to pull out the ole all-star team, recruited, unfair, BS.  Man the Puck Up before The DayWalker goes off on one of its own publics!!!!  This is the crap I was talking about with TD Helmick.... :unsure:

And that would be the professional/classy thing to say.  Very disappointed!  To practically say "the ONLY way you can beat us is to cheat", is not cool at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach said Fort Hill has to win differently than Dunbar.  Coach, all teams win the same --- By Out Scoring Your Opponent when the game clock read 0:00.  It's the same throughout the state, everywhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunbar made the adjustments on defense in the second half to stop FH, kudos to Dunbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or more like a non-passing FH team passed more in the 2nd half to affirm they ain't a passing team.  The best Dunbar adjustment in the 2nd-half was going up 4 to sit FH's kicker and demand FH to get a TD.  But that's just the thought of a blood thirsty vamp....  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I ate my words I thought FH would be able to run the ball and control the pace. Dunbar did a great job actually could have taken it over earlier if not for some bad calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Yea I ate my words I thought FH would be able to run the ball and control the pace. Dunbar did a great job actually could have taken it over earlier if not for some bad calls.

But darn OBC, it almost sounds like some Cumberland folks want to run the Fort Hill coaching staff out of town for losing to Dunbar again.  Geeeezzz, the heck with 4 straight titles, they wanted that one yesterday.  They are some fierce hardcore boyz in the The Queen's City!   :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

But darn OBC, it almost sounds like some Cumberland folks want to run the Fort Hill coaching staff out of town for losing to Dunbar again.  Geeeezzz, the heck with 4 straight titles, they wanted that one yesterday.  They are some fierce hardcore boyz in the The Queen's City!   :o

I don’t know that area or team except from film and TV. But jeez that is crazy if he can’t win with the “supporters” up there who would ever want that job. It sounds worse then Texas ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is NO MORE OF A RABID fanbase in the state than Fort Hill.  They live and die Fort Hill in southside Cumberland.  Nothin' like it any where else!!  And I'll bet my bottom dollar that AlCo folks on the other side were obsessively cheering for Dunbar to do just what did to their brother Fort Hill team.  It's CRAZY in Cumberland this time of the year; Just The Way The DayWalker Likes It there.  :P

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no doubt I am going to get hammered for this and have my question labeled as “sour grapes,” but I would like to know if Dunbar added players through out the season and if so, how? I am hearing and reading statements like the Poets started with 31 players and ended with 47. Shouldn’t rosters being locked once the season starts?

instead of speculating and assuming something is off, I figured I’d come right to the experts and ask. Meth007 you are on the clock sir....please explain if this is true and if it is, how is is possible? Is it a Baltimore City thing? Were they JV players moved up? Transfers?

Edited by Maryland Mountaineer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maryland Mountaineer said:

I have no doubt I am going to get hammered for this and have my question labeled as “sour grapes,” but I would like to know if Dunbar added players through out the season and if so, how? I am hearing and reading statements like the Poets started with 31 players and ended with 47. Shouldn’t rosters being locked once the season starts?

instead of speculating and assuming something is off, I figured I’d come right to the experts and ask. Meth007 you are on the clock sir....please explain if this is true and if it is, how is is possible. 

Yes, it sounds like sour grapes. I don’t know if what you’re saying is true, but Dunbar always bring up players from JV at the end of the year. That being said, I seriously doubt Dunbar actually started the season with only 31 players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GA I am asking a question vs making an assumption and yes I agree it’s hard to believe they only started with 31. I’m not accusing, just asking. If it is all “up and up” or nothing at all....a simple question will not cause offense or be an issue.

thanks for chiming in and giving your insights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunbar brought up 10 players from their JV championship team which is common. Most teams around the state bring up players for the playoffs for depth. I can also tell you this only 1 player from jv has recieved playing time doing the playoffs and not one played yesterday.  The thing you don't realize is that a lot of personnel was changed immediately after the Allegany game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sw1 said:

Dunbar brought up 10 players from their JV championship team which is common. Most teams around the state bring up players for the playoffs for depth. I can also tell you this only 1 player from jv has recieved playing time doing the playoffs and not one played yesterday.  The thing you don't realize is that a lot of personnel was changed immediately after the Allegany game.

Fair enough and yes, I was not aware of the changes after the Alco game. Figured JV players were brought up as well. Good stuff to know and why I asked. 

Edited by Maryland Mountaineer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunbar is NOT an All-Star team....SFA is an All Star team...Dunbar is a very good 1A team,and not the best assembled team Baltimore...After watching the 4A, 3A and even 2A games, it was obvious that neither Ft Hill or Dunbar would have beaten any of those teams...That All-star team argument is old

Edited by BJC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fort Hill and Dunbar would have a better than even chance to a vamp against 2A Gwynn Park and 3A Linganore and Milford Mill.  Quince Orchard, Wise, and Damascus would pose grave issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DayWalker said:

Fort Hill and Dunbar would have a better than even chance to a vamp against 2A Gwynn Park and 3A Linganore and Milford Mill.  Quince Orchard, Wise, and Damascus would pose grave issues.

You are the expert..I just don't see it...not this year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of the 1A title, if Dunbar were in 3A I like their chances against both MM and Linganore. D'Mass about 2 scores better especially late in the 4th. Their dline and oline would have stalled a few drives and they had just enough athletes to limit Dunbars big play.

Wise, you are talking about a team that may have been faster and more athletic than Dunbar..with size. With that size... I going with a 35-21 Wise.

Next season with Dunbar only losing about 8 seniors, but bringing up another talented QB, bringing back their #6 with another TB that toted the rock in JV.. Bringing back #5 and #11 with a host of WR from JV that threw as much as varsity. Couple that with a ton of D/Oline and other skills... Dunbar could be a force in any class next fall.

Dynasty?

#staytuned

 

See you guys national signing day😎

Edited by meth007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, meth007 said:

...Wise, you are talking about a team that may have been faster and more athletic than Dunbar..with size. With that size... I going with a 35-21 Wise...

I don't know....  I think only Quince Orchard and Roosevelt have managed to score as much as 20-points on Wise in the last 2 or 3, maybe 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, meth007 said:

Outside of the 1A title, if Dunbar were in 3A I like their chances against both MM and Linganore. D'Mass about 2 scores better especially late in the 4th. Their dline and oline would have stalled a few drives and they had just enough athletes to limit Dunbars big play.

Wise, you are talking about a team that may have been faster and more athletic than Dunbar..with size. With that size... I going with a 35-21 Wise.

Next season with Dunbar only losing about 8 seniors, but bringing up another talented QB, bringing back their #6 with another TB that toted the rock in JV.. Bringing back #5 and #11 with a host of WR from JV that threw as much as varsity. Couple that with a ton of D/Oline and other skills... Dunbar could be a force in any class next fall.

Dynasty?

#staytuned

 

See you guys national signing day😎

21 vs Wise 👀👀👀👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, meth007 said:

Next season with Dunbar only losing about 8 seniors, but bringing up another talented QB, bringing back their #6 with another TB that toted the rock in JV.. Bringing back #5 and #11 with a host of WR from JV that threw as much as varsity. Couple that with a ton of D/Oline and other skills... Dunbar could be a force in any class next fall.

In other words 40B, meth is tellin' you to expect another Orleans Gangstas' (OG) beat done in 2018 like you took and even seemed to sheepishly thank Dunbar in 2017.  Damn 40Blast, you remember the OG smack down they did on you?  Did you have enough memory cell left in your battered head after the whippin' to even remember what OG did to you in 2017?  Let's go again to that Dunbar-City WWE Street Smack Down video tape:

 

Edited by DayWalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, meth007 said:

Outside of the 1A title, if Dunbar were in 3A I like their chances against both MM and Linganore. D'Mass about 2 scores better especially late in the 4th. Their dline and oline would have stalled a few drives and they had just enough athletes to limit Dunbars big play.

Wise, you are talking about a team that may have been faster and more athletic than Dunbar..with size. With that size... I going with a 35-21 Wise.

Next season with Dunbar only losing about 8 seniors, but bringing up another talented QB, bringing back their #6 with another TB that toted the rock in JV.. Bringing back #5 and #11 with a host of WR from JV that threw as much as varsity. Couple that with a ton of D/Oline and other skills... Dunbar could be a force in any class next fall.

Dynasty?

#staytuned

 

See you guys national signing day😎

Let’s be honest here when Dunbar moved to 2a they had problems in the playoffs and couldn’t win a Championship, they know their niche where they have a slight advantage with their capability of recruiting from a larger pool than any other 1a school and barely beating FH with less than  “ superior “ talent . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0