Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meth007

What'chew talking about Todd

94 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, city40blast said:

So question if college coaches are saying your kid ran a 4.2-4.4 at their camp u not going to promote that? Anything under a 4.5 for a high school kid is amazing to me. 

No , the real question is if a kid ran a 4.2 at a college camp did said school offer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, city40blast said:

So question if college coaches are saying your kid ran a 4.2-4.4 at their camp u not going to promote that? Anything under a 4.5 for a high school kid is amazing to me. 

A college isnt lettinga young man leave his campus without an offer for a legit 4.2 

Agreed 4.5 for HS is fantastic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, city40blast said:

So I know mostly everyone on here has had kids play football. Did y’all do all this breaking down when your kids 40 times was posted? I bet the answer is no lol. 

I understood my kids were slow, so no 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, city40blast said:

So I know mostly everyone on here has had kids play football. Did y’all do all this breaking down when your kids 40 times was posted? I bet the answer is no lol. 

 

Id bet you'd lose that bet 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rob A. said:

I understood my kids were slow, so no 

hahahaha, all I have are bad memories, December 4, 2014!

 

I wish I were that slow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could run a 4.9 in the day and had this guy say he could run a 4.6 so I raced him and he wasn't even close to me in the race. I don't know where some of these kids get their 40 times at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hambonepack said:

hahahaha, all I have are bad memories, December 4, 2014!

 

I wish I were that slow!

Smoke and mirrors, my friend lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rob A. said:

No , the real question is if a kid ran a 4.2 at a college camp did said school offer 

 

4 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

A college isnt lettinga young man leave his campus without an offer for a legit 4.2 

Agreed 4.5 for HS is fantastic 

If a coach offer a football recruit an athletic scholarship JUST BECAUSE he saw him run very fast needs to be fired.  Maybe back in the day they did that, but they are not giving out scholarships based ONLY on speed these days.  Coaches now-days want to watch him in drills AND watch his game film before they offer a scholarship.

Bottom line is whether its 4.2 hand time or 4.4 converted time or 4.5 FAT, that kid is very fast and his highlight reel IN PADS displays just that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

 

If a coach offer a football recruit an athletic scholarship JUST BECAUSE he saw him run very fast needs to be fired.  Maybe back in the day they did that, but they are not giving out scholarships based ONLY on speed these days.  Coaches now-days want to watch him in drills AND watch his game film before they offer a scholarship.

Bottom line is whether its 4.2 hand time or 4.4 converted time or 4.5 FAT, that kid is very fast and his highlight reel IN PADS displays just that..

Was being sarcastic on that but it would garner attention 

agreed fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

 

If a coach offer a football recruit an athletic scholarship JUST BECAUSE he saw him run very fast needs to be fired.  Maybe back in the day they did that, but they are not giving out scholarships based ONLY on speed these days.  Coaches now-days want to watch him in drills AND watch his game film before they offer a scholarship.

Bottom line is whether its 4.2 hand time or 4.4 converted time or 4.5 FAT, that kid is very fast and his highlight reel IN PADS displays just that..

True, but the kid isn’t 4.2 anything. Doesn’t mean he isn’t fast, just no where near that sort of speed. Like I said, more in line with 4.8. When Tavon was a ninth grader at Dunbar, his 40 was 4.8. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

True, but the kid isn’t 4.2 anything. Doesn’t mean he isn’t fast, just no where near that sort of speed. Like I said, more in line with 4.8. When Tavon was a ninth grader at Dunbar, his 40 was 4.8. 

Tavon wasn't that slow at any point in High school

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mlf1886 said:

Tavon wasn't that slow at any point in High school

Tavon ran a 4.8 his ninth grade year, you know I would know this. He did his thing, but his 40 wasn’t blazing then. Tavon has also been quicker than fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mlf1886 said:

Tavon wasn't that slow at any point in High school

GA is making stuff up.  Tavon ran a 4.5 coming out of his mother’s womb!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Tavon ran a 4.8 his ninth grade year, you know I would know this. He did his thing, but his 40 wasn’t blazing then. Tavon has also been quicker than fast. 

Why did Tavon run the NFL Combine 40 yd dash in 4.34 seconds.  You’re talking out your *** Dawg!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGuru said:

Why did Tavon run the NFL Combine 40 yd dash in 4.34 seconds.  You’re talking out your *** Dawg!

One would expect an athlete to improve over 8 years of specialized weight training and working with specialist prior to the NFL Draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheGuru said:

Why did Tavon run the NFL Combine 40 yd dash in 4.34 seconds.  You’re talking out your *** Dawg!

The NFL combine was 8 years later!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0