Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dshawg1

What Am I Missing...(Manny/Beckham)

13 posts in this topic

Why does it matter? Manny's only here for 2018, then he'll be one of 29 other places. If Duquette wanted to try to keep him, he would have opened negotiations long before this.

Edited by Evil Yoda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I can think of is this is the O's last gasp push for an extension.  And their misguided thought that moving Manny to short will be a sweetener for a home town discount. That and Beckham is below average at SS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

The only thing I can think of is this is the O's last gasp push for an extension.  And their misguided thought that moving Manny to short will be a sweetener for a home town discount. That and Beckham is below average at SS. 

I think you are correct. They think moving to Manny to SS will help him take a below market rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dshawg1 said:

Are the Orioles that inept?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CROUSEMAN said:

The only thing I can think of is this is the O's last gasp push for an extension.  And their misguided thought that moving Manny to short will be a sweetener for a home town discount. That and Beckham is below average at SS. 

Manny has no reason whatsoever to offer the Orioles a home town discount, and he's a fool if he does. This is likely to be his biggest, best contract. Anyone in the Orioles organization who expects to sign Manny for a home town discount is an imbecile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we bid against ourselves and give slush Davis a huge contract, yet we want to penny pinch with a gold glover coming into his prime... Did I miss anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, franksykes said:

So we bid against ourselves and give slush Davis a huge contract, yet we want to penny pinch with a gold glover coming into his prime... Did I miss anything?

One criticism that I have of DD, is that he has never demonstrated anything close to "forward thinking". He doesn't act on anything, until it is the absolute last minute.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, weird-O said:

One criticism that I have of DD, is that he has never demonstrated anything close to "forward thinking". He doesn't act on anything, until it is the absolute last minute.  

Lol perfect timing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Lol perfect timing 

Yep, yet another piecemeal rotation built out of low risk, low reward cast offs and non-tenders. The Yard will be packed every night. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Yep, yet another piecemeal rotation built out of low risk, low reward cast offs and non-tenders. The Yard will be packed every night. :lol:

This team is turning into a train wreck.  Duh, DD.  Really?  So you have to be more proactive on starting pitching now?   SO the light bulb just went off that shopping in the bent and dent aisle in Feb not working, eh?   DD/Buck just look very dense and out of touch.  And good god, you want to trade away our limited chips for a part time LH bat?  Another dopey plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

This team is turning into a train wreck.  Duh, DD.  Really?  So you have to be more proactive on starting pitching now?   SO the light bulb just went off that shopping in the bent and dent aisle in Feb not working, eh?   DD/Buck just look very dense and out of touch.  And good god, you want to trade away our limited chips for a part time LH bat?  Another dopey plan.

Buck and DD have gone full "scorched Earth" mode. No reason for them to hold onto prospects, when neither one will be here in Nov 2018. They'll trade any minor league player to add a piece to the 2018 roster. That's why all this Manny talk holds seems like folly. I know full well that they aren't going to trade him, unless they get back players who will have an impact on next year's roster.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weird-O said:

Buck and DD have gone full "scorched Earth" mode. No reason for them to hold onto prospects, when neither one will be here in Nov 2018. They'll trade any minor league player to add a piece to the 2018 roster. That's why all this Manny talk holds seems like folly. I know full well that they aren't going to trade him, unless they get back players who will have an impact on next year's roster.   

Totally agree.  I bet Brach is the only ML player trade they make when they over pay for a declining Matt Harvey.  Trading Britton is just lip service as well.  And forget about Patrick Corbin as a LH starter.  Yanks have him on top of their list.  Probably offering Betance I would guess.  But DD will deal either Wells or Akin for a part time LH bat.  DD loves to deal young LH starting pitching (Hader, Erod, Brault, ect) for rentals/spare parts.  Then he moans and whines about how hard it is to find LH starting pitching. Another , Duh!  Like you, this thread is bringing me down.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0