Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baltimatt

Volunteer firefighter killed in Upper Fells Point

29 posts in this topic

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-shooting-upper-fells-20171202-story.html#nt=oft12aH-1gp2

Baltimore police on Sunday identified the man who was found shot to death inside his home in Upper Fells Point last week as 31-year-old Jon Hickey, a volunteer firefighter who was being mourned online.

Hickey served in several volunteer fire companies in Baltimore County and had been accepted into the December recruit class of the Baltimore City Fire Department, a spokeswoman said.

Hickey’s family described him as a “very good person who would help anybody that needed help.”

Condolences to his family, and may he rest in peace.

Just offered an entry level job to a May college recruit which pays six figures. Kid is 6' 2" and is a Division 1 athlete. He's having second thoughts due to the perceived (or real) safety issue in Federal Hill, Fells Point and Canton. Shame on those executives who commute out to the suburbs and put their junior employees at risk by not exerting the influence they have with the City Fathers. 

3 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

Terrible story.  Hope they figure this out quickly.  

They will probably make an arrest in this case quicker than the detective that was gunned down in broad daylight.

20 minutes ago, naive said:

They will probably make an arrest in this case quicker than the detective that was gunned down in broad daylight.

I suspect you are right.  

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, naive said:

Really going out on a limb on that prediction.......:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, mrdeltoid said:

Really going out on a limb on that prediction.......:rolleyes:

Not really, but correct nonetheless. 

There is always a bad feeling when a decent person gets killed. It is doubly bad when some that has spent a good part of their life helping others as he did...is.

RIP.

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

There is always a bad feeling when a decent person gets killed. It is doubly bad when some that has spent a good part of their life helping others as he did...is.

RIP.

Agreed.  I think this guy must have failed to recognize the kind of dangerous person he let into his life.  Possibly helping someone.  Just guessing.  We should all know more soon.

37 minutes ago, Dinglehopper said:

Agreed.  I think this guy must have failed to recognize the kind of dangerous person he let into his life.  Possibly helping someone.  Just guessing.  We should all know more soon.

Hopefully.

Daniel Greene.  Some little man from Harford County that could not take losing a girlfriend.  Rot in jail Danny boy.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:40 PM, Dinglehopper said:

Wrong

This appears to be Mr. Greene's first encounter with the law, according to Case Search. 

So they say a domestic dispute among three people was the fuel for this or something like that?

In these times that could mean anything.

4 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

So they say a domestic dispute among three people was the fuel for this or something like that?

In these times that could mean anything.

I think it simply means the killer and the victim knew each other

Mr. Hickey was said to be dating Mr. Greene's ex-girlfriend.  Not the first time a jealous ex has done something like this.

2 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

Mr. Hickey was said to be dating Mr. Greene's ex-girlfriend.  Not the first time a jealous ex has done something like this.

That's what I was getting at with my question.

Regardless to knowing each other when they mentioned "domestic with three people involved", it had to be romantically linked in my mind.

What a waste.

4 hours ago, Baltimatt said:

I am sure killing this guy solved all the problems Mr. Greene was dealing with post break-up. Maybe his ex GF will even visit him in prison.

Edited by Pickle20