Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonsensback

If Michael Flynn's 'crime' is all Robert Mueller has, it is time to move on

163 posts in this topic

Flynn should not have lied, and why he chose to remains a mystery, but the substance of the single-count indictment against Flynn shows that special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation has strayed far from its original purpose.
We have come down quite a way from the hyperventilation about Russia “hacking the election” a year ago. What happened to Democratic Sen. Mark Warner’s claim, later promoted by Hillary Clinton, that there were 1,000 Russian agents planting anti-Hillary fake news stories in key swing states? Or that Russians had delivered Wisconsin to Trump? All the conspiracy theorists have so far are a few Facebook ads that can’t credibly be shown to have changed even one vote.

From USA Today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/04/flynn-talk-russian-ambassador-legal-james-robbins/917714001/

Of course.

No smoking gun

All those leaks still nothing

Does anyone believe Flynn would’ve been offered a Plea Deal if Mueller has nothing else? 

Flynn is accused of some serious crimes like ‘Conspiracy to Kidnap someone’

He got off easy by being allowed to Plea to lying to the FBI

If I were Jared Kushner, I’d be very concerned right now

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

Does anyone believe Flynn would’ve been offered a Plea Deal if Mueller has nothing else? 

Not the President?

You seem like only rational one left here.

You don't see the writing on the wall?

2 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Those who would support Trump, even if he shot someone on 5th Avenue, surely believe it.

Mueller could have charged Flynn with several other crimes that were a lot more significant. It was a classic plea bargain, in return for Flynn testifying against others in the administration and/or campaign, perhaps including Trump himself.

We have already heard that the Russians were rather strenuously trying to influence the election.And we've also heard that Trump's people were trying to set up a back-channel communications link between Trump and the Russians... allegedly so that the American intelligence services wouldn't be aware of the communications.

Lots of smoke so far, and an increasing amount of fire.

Just now, regularguy said:

Mueller could have charged Flynn with several other crimes that were a lot more significant. It was a classic plea bargain, in return for Flynn testifying against others in the administration and/or campaign, perhaps including Trump himself.

We have already heard that the Russians were rather strenuously trying to influence the election.And we've also heard that Trump's people were trying to set up a back-channel communications link between Trump and the Russians... allegedly so that the American intelligence services wouldn't be aware of the communications.

Except there is nothing illegal about back channel diplomacy and its rather common.

The Dems are trying to conflate that with Russian influence.

Kushner is next in line since he instructed Flynn to contact the Russians.

So long Jared.

Of course. The liberals need to move on before they go crazy unless it is already too late.

8 minutes ago, Joba said:

Of course. The liberals need to move on before they go crazy unless it is already too late.

There seem to be plenty of centrists and mainstream-conservatives who believe Trump shouldn't remain in office the full 4 years.

36 minutes ago, regularguy said:

It’s astonishing the lengths Trump chumps will go to to avoid facing what is obvious to those living in reality. I realize the OP isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed but even he should realize that Flynn had his chargers reduced in exchange for information on the higher up. This isn’t rocket science! You folks are in some deep, deep denial. 

Edited by Heisenberg

47 minutes ago, soulflower said:

Not me.Jared will get a sweetheart deal to.

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

It’s astonishing the lengths Trump chumps will go to to avoid facing what is obvious to those living in reality. I realize the OP isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed but even he should realize that Flynn had his chargers reduced in exchange for information on the higher up. This isn’t rocket science! You folks are in some deep, deep denial. 

It's a news article from USA today troll.  I didn't write it anymore than the real nonsense you post.

Now use your reasoning power or lack their of and disprove it with more than the normal crap you post.

3 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

It's a news article from USA today troll.  I didn't write it anymore than the real nonsense you post.

So why post it?

2 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

This is why I don't read newspapers anymore. Does this writer really think this one crime is all Mueller has? Seriously? How about you jons?

I don't know, what you think?

This has been investigation has had more leaks than the Titanic, yet none of the leaks have been either true or went anywhere.

Last I heard USA Today wasn't one the right wing news sources in any stretch of imagination so they sure seem to be on to something.

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

So why post it?

Why does anyone post an article here, to discuss.

I know you aren't one to post anything news related, but last I checked this is a discussion board.

2 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

I think this akin to a homey on the street pleading to a lesser charge because he's providing info on a bigger fish. 

2 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Why does anyone post an article here, to discuss.

I know you aren't one to post anything news related, but last I checked this is a discussion board.

No agenda huh? :lol:

44 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Except there is nothing illegal about back channel diplomacy and its rather common.

The Dems are trying to conflate that with Russian influence.

Could you give examples of this "rather common" occurrence?

4 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

This has been investigation has had more leaks than the Titanic, yet none of the leaks have been either true or went anywhere.

Last I heard USA Today wasn't one the right wing news sources in any stretch of imagination so they sure seem to be on to something.

The author worked at the Washington Times.

2 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

No agenda huh? :lol:

Other than being a news freak and not a troll, no.

Why are you here other than complaining about what news links posted by what poster?

11 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

This is why I don't read newspapers anymore. Does this writer really think this one crime is all Mueller has? Seriously? How about you jons?

So you come here to get your news rather than read it yourself?

7 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

That’s not true

Mueller’s investigation has been surprisingly good at not leaking stuff

Maybe you’re confusing it with the investigations going on in Congress?