Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

Another BPD officer pleads Guilty

48 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Manny said:

Some BPD officers are a problem but they are not thee problem in Baltimore. 

Oh yes, I agree that poverty is probably "thee problem."

But that is a complex issue.

8 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Oh yes, I agree that poverty is probably "thee problem."

But that is a complex issue.

Children growing up in fatherless homes. Government encouraging dependence upon them. 

Posted (edited)

fatherless homes are more a symptom of poverty than anything else.

Look at Appalachia for a prime example of just that.

Edited by Calamari

45 minutes ago, Calamari said:

Slow down, there, squidley.

The good news is that despite these hardships, families in the Appalachian region have been remarkably resilient. The proportion of married-couple families in Appalachia (combining those with or without children) exceeds the national average. Rates of homeownership in many counties are among the highest in the nation.12 Families in Appalachia have changed over time, but many of these changes can be viewed as adaptations to new economic realities and shifts in public policiesóespecially welfare reform.

Link.

Try again.

Posted (edited)

That was well over a decade ago, bless your heart, and doesn't even address whether the father was present.

So two fails on your part.

Here's something a bit more recent.

https://splinternews.com/the-labor-of-bringing-a-baby-into-appalachia-1824987459

Oh wait, three fails for you, since it says right in the article that you didn't read:

Lastly, poverty in the United States is often associated with single-parent families living in urban areas. But in Appalachia, the majority of families living in poverty are headed by married couples. Poverty rates in Appalachiaís rural counties far exceed the poverty rates in metro areas. In part, these patterns reflect the lower levels of racial and ethnic diversity in the region, but they also reflect the low wages and lack of jobs in remote, rural areas.10

Proving my point.

Thanks, and bless your heart.

Edited by Calamari

6 minutes ago, Calamari said:

That was well over a decade ago, bless your heart, and doesn't even address whether the father was present.

So two fails on your part.

Here's something a bit more recent.

https://splinternews.com/the-labor-of-bringing-a-baby-into-appalachia-1824987459

In Appalachia, policies to promote marriage are not likely to have significant benefits for families. Most of the poor families in Appalachia are headed by married couples, and the number of nonfamily households in Appalachia has drawn equal with the number of families with children. Therefore, promoting two-parent families will not solve the underlying economic problems in the region. Future economic growth in Appalachia depends on successes in providing jobs to families, as well as providing access to transportation, affordable rental housing, child care, and health care, to help families make the transition to the labor force.

Splinter news? Oh Puhleeze.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Don’t forget the current opioid impact on families in Appalachia.

Again, another symptom of poverty.

If it's not opioids it's something else to escape.

In Baltimore, you have the further insult of the cops robbing them blind, getting blood from stones as it were.

Not good for societal stability.

Edited by Calamari

14 hours ago, Calamari said:

In Baltimore, you have the further insult of the cops robbing them blind, getting blood from stones as it were.

I don't think the cops are robbing people on welfare...unless of course they are in the 'game'. 

Like the guy that had 400000 that the cops ripped of in part....and was later killed because he couldn't pay his 'bills'. 

I DO NOT condone ...not for one second .........do I condone what they did. It was absolutely flat out wrong...even if it was a bad guy. As someone put it....those cops are nothing more than criminals with a badge. And frankly, I think they should be punished even more severly as they betrayed 'the trust'. I also think that about Danc'n. If he ripped off a company.....that is out to make a buck....that is one thing. But in affect ripping off 'kids' ...much like Dixon....is....or should be in the sever category of punishment. IMHO. 

But Calamari...................don't make it sound like these rogue cops are holding up welfare mom's for their SNAP cards. 

16 hours ago, Calamari said:

Fatherless homes are bad period. Unfortunately, Baltimore has a higher percentage of these situations.

16 hours ago, Calamari said:

I'm sorry but blaming poverty as the culprit for Baltimore's breeding of criminals is not helping the cause. There are plenty of "poor" people who are smart enough to not engage in criminalistic behavior. Your theory is what's not good for societal stability. That train of thought is what's hurting societal stability. The "victimizing" of criminals is what's destroying societal stability. 

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Fatherless homes are bad period. Unfortunately, Baltimore has a higher percentage of these situations.

Here is an interesting statistical summary that you all may find interesting

.https://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/tables/107-children-in-single-parent-families-by#detailed/1/any/false/870,573,869,36,868/10,11,9,12,1,185,13/432,431

Kind of interesting....regardless of what race....within that race the numbers year to year remain the same. 

Do with this and extrapolate what you want. 

1 hour ago, AugusteDupin said:

I'm sorry but blaming poverty as the culprit for Baltimore's breeding of criminals is not helping the cause. There are plenty of "poor" people who are smart enough to not engage in criminalistic behavior. Your theory is what's not good for societal stability. That train of thought is what's hurting societal stability. The "victimizing" of criminals is what's destroying societal stability. 

If one steps back from this.... this is the classic 'chicken or egg' thing.

Did people become criminals because they were in poverty......OR.....did they end up and stay in poverty because criminal activity is not a steady paycheck. \

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Did people become criminals because they were in poverty......OR.....did they end up and stay in poverty because criminal activity is not a steady paycheck. \

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Unemployment has reached new lows.  Poverty, like crime in places like Baltimore, is caused in no small party by fathers who abandon the kids they helped create.  Kids run wild for a reason and that reason is the way they're being raised, or the lack of being raised.

10 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Unemployment has reached new lows.  Poverty, like crime in places like Baltimore, is caused in no small party by fathers who abandon the kids they helped create.  Kids run wild for a reason and that reason is the way they're being raised, or the lack of being raised.

Statistically you are absolutely correct. However GiGo screws up any statistic regarding employment. 

Yes the numbers are low.....for those that have and always will look for work. 

However....as we found during the 'Great Recession'....people that 'fell off' the statistics....because their unemployment ran out, gave up or never worked a day in their lives are not included in those numbers. 

Kids running wild and such.....................most are not being 'raised' at all....they are a by product of having sex....an nothing more. To some. 

And we...normal society ...have to pay the freight....in multiple ways. 

3 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I refer more to the violent criminal element, not the "Robin Hood" style of criminals out there. Baltimore is plagued with violent degenerates who have no moral compass. The more people start to realize that these violent criminal turds are just that...then "societal stability" will start to take place. 

17 hours ago, AugusteDupin said:

I refer more to the violent criminal element, not the "Robin Hood" style of criminals out there. Baltimore is plagued with violent degenerates who have no moral compass. The more people start to realize that these violent criminal turds are just that...then "societal stability" will start to take place. 

Ohhhhhh I think most everyone that is NOT a criminal or has family that is not....fully realize what you say.

The trick is to get the SJWs and political monkeys to stop throwing poop and whitewashing the issue AND ADMIT THE TRUTH. And then do something even if it is a bitter pill for them to swallow.....that is...some people are and always will be screw ups....you can't excuse away or fix some broken toys. And those toys have no place in a normal society and should JUST PLAIN BE REMOVED FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. EOS. 

At the very least...in theory.....if they are in jail....at least the zipper is zipped...so they don't produce the JV team. 

4 hours ago, Guido2 said:

Ohhhhhh I think most everyone that is NOT a criminal or has family that is not....fully realize what you say.

The trick is to get the SJWs and political monkeys to stop throwing poop and whitewashing the issue AND ADMIT THE TRUTH. And then do something even if it is a bitter pill for them to swallow.....that is...some people are and always will be screw ups....you can't excuse away or fix some broken toys. And those toys have no place in a normal society and should JUST PLAIN BE REMOVED FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. EOS. 

At the very least...in theory.....if they are in jail....at least the zipper is zipped...so they don't produce the JV team.

I guess you forgot about this

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/four-female-prison-guards-impregnated-by-same-inmate/

On 12/20/2017 at 0:48 PM, LadyHollman said:

All I have to say about this is that Sean is dead because of these worthless Police. Screw them and the women that gave birth to them. May they be cursed forever. 

I hope they pick up the soap and I  hope their families suffer for it. The wives knew these guys didn't make that amount of money. Enjoy the food banks! And rot in Hell!

Allers you whole sale POS! I'll never forgive you.

Just the women that gave birth to them?  What about their sperm donors?? 

Did you know Sean?  This sounds very personal.  I'm sorry for your loss if you did. 

I thought this was going to be a thread about Bal'mers new police chief ....what a mess...he belongs in jail.

27 minutes ago, Boobie said:

I thought this was going to be a thread about Bal'mers new police chief ....what a mess...he belongs in jail.

There is a thread for that already!! 

On 5/14/2018 at 2:05 PM, Cowboyz said:

Just the women that gave birth to them?  What about their sperm donors?? 

Did you know Sean?  This sounds very personal.  I'm sorry for your loss if you did. 

Of course I know the decent Officers/Detectives with a good bit of seniority. Both Sean and Allers. I  don't know the rookies and don't care one bit about the cruddy police.

IF Allers did it or had something to do with it than" mother made him and mother **** him". 

Just sayin'

Edited by LadyHollman