Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joba

The Odds of Impeachment Are Dropping

58 posts in this topic

Now that Michael Flynn has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI, and agreed to dish on his former boss, some Trump-watchers are suggesting that impeachment may be around the corner. “It’s time to start talking about impeachment,” announced a Saturday column on CNN.com. The Flynn deal, declared former Deputy Assistant Attorney General Harry Litman in Friday’s New York Times, “portends the likelihood of impeachable charges being brought against the president of the United States.”

That may be true. But bringing impeachment charges against Trump, and actually forcing him from office, are two vastly different things. And while the former may be more likely today than it was half a year ago, the latter is actually less likely. Since Robert Mueller became special counsel in May, the chances of the House of Representatives passing articles of impeachment—and the Senate ratifying them—have probably gone down.

That’s because impeachment is less a legal process than a political one. Passing articles of impeachment requires a majority of the House. Were such a vote held today—even if every Democrat voted yes—it would still require 22 Republicans. If Democrats take the House next fall, they could then pass articles of impeachment on their own. But ratifying those articles would require two-thirds of the Senate, which would probably require at least 15 Republican votes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/trump-impeachment/547358/

This doesn't bode well for the liberals at all. They've put all there eggs in this basket and even the Atlantic thinks the odds are dropping.

3 minutes ago, Joba said:

This doesn't bode well for the liberals at all. They've put all there eggs in this basket and even the Atlantic thinks the odds are dropping.

Good you found a pacifier.

:D

The odds of Impeachment were never high to begin with

A President has never been Impeached when his own party controls Congress 

As for Mueller, it’s very premature to judge where his investigation ends. 

Trump spent the whole weekend whining about the investigation. He certainly isn’t behaving like someone who isn’t worried about where Mueller’s investigation will land...

Edited by soulflower

6 minutes ago, soulflower said:

The odds of Impeachment were never high to begin with

A President has never been Impeached when his own party controls Congress 

As for Mueller, it’s very premature to judge where his investigation ends. 

Trump spent the whole weekend whining about the investigation. He certainly isn’t behaving like someone who isn’t worried about where Mueller’s investigation will land...

You are right of course. Being a weasel and actually musing why the civil war couldn't have just been 'worked out', isn't a crime. 

I don't mind waiting for the investigation to end. Donny's stupidity is a source of endless entertainment to us all. 

2 hours ago, Joba said:

It doesn't bode well for the rule of law. Trump's lawyer now says he's above it.

Heck, Trump has already pardoned one unrepentant criminal with whom he approved.

Could he be next?

Edited by hst2

2018/2020

Everyone who thinks Trump & Co will retain control of the House and Senate in  2018 and that Donald J will be sworn in twice....raise your hand.

Stay tight in those ruby slippers, their magic must be very powerful.  :)

33 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

2018/2020

Everyone who thinks Trump & Co will retain control of the House and Senate in  2018 and that Donald J will be sworn in twice....raise your hand.

Stay tight in those ruby slippers, their magic must be very powerful.  :)

LOL Anyone that thinks Donald Trump was going to be sworn in once...raise your hand. :D

Consider hand raised. He's reminded me a lot of Hitler since day one. Hitler was also  elected once.

6 hours ago, Joba said:

LOL Anyone that thinks Donald Trump was going to be sworn in once...raise your hand. :D

That's the past. Do You think he'll be sworn in twice? Yeah, that's what I thought  and that's all that matters. He won't be. 😁

19 minutes ago, prodigalson1 said:

That's the past. Do You think he'll be sworn in twice? Yeah, that's what I thought  and that's all that matters. He won't be. 😁

LOL That's what I thought. You guys have been so good at predicting how well Trump does right? :lol:

Looks like ElCrapitan squeezed out a turd and out popped Joba the Butt. 

Edited by Heisenberg

18 hours ago, Joba said:

And you're proud of this? That we're even debating impeachment should tell you all you need to know.

3 minutes ago, Dystopia said:

And you're proud of this? That we're even debating impeachment should tell you all you need to know.

If you've ever wondered how authoritarianism begins, well, here you go.

1 hour ago, Dystopia said:

Yes it does. It tells me that the liberals went insane after Hillary Clinton was soundly defeated.

19 minutes ago, Joba said:

Yes it does. It tells me that the liberals went insane after Hillary Clinton was soundly defeated.

I know right.

Look at the Bill impeachment threads.

Hypocrites.

6 hours ago, Joba said:

LOL That's what I thought. You guys have been so good at predicting how well Trump does right? :lol:

He's not doing well at all. Still can't get above 30's in approval after the lowest inauguration approval...In History!!!!

and now this....Mueller Subpoenas Trump Deutsche Bank Records....Tic toc Tic toc Tic toc....:D

In the next 50 years, there will be more books and documentaries created about these few disastrous Trump years than any other world leader in history. The current record holder as subject of books and documentaries is Hitler. Donnie will smash that record.

2 hours ago, Dystopia said:

What "we're" debating isn't worth a pitcher of warm piss.

Call me when the House is debating impeachment.

5 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Looks like ElCrapitan squeezed out a turd and out popped Joba the Butt. 

Classy as usual.

59 minutes ago, VOSA said:

Classy as usual.

Sorry to offend your delicacies. You know it's true which is why you didn't dispute it.

1 hour ago, prodigalson1 said:

He's not doing well at all. Still can't get above 30's in approval after the lowest inauguration approval...In History!!!!

and now this....Mueller Subpoenas Trump Deutsche Bank Records....Tic toc Tic toc Tic toc....:D

LMAO Are you talking about polls? I thought you guys learned your lesson after this past election debacle. :lol:

1 hour ago, VOSA said:

Classy as usual.

Its popular in Virginia ......

There are worse things that can happen to the Republican party than the impeachment of the clown currently in office. 

I believe he is doing incalculable harm to the republicans.

By the time he's done, there's going to be nothing but a fine mist of crazies and sycophants left in the republican party. This outcome will be better, for democrats, than an impeachment followed by having Pence take over. 

3 hours ago, Joba said:

LMAO Are you talking about polls? I thought you guys learned your lesson after this past election debacle. :lol:

Sooooo, let me see if l Understand that TIRED worn out line that yall love to use..."I thought you guys learned your lesson after this past election, giggle giggle, snicker snicker."

Stick with me here as this is going to take logic.... If you or I use math or numbers to reach a conclusion that on many previous instances and situations has proven accurate and correct and a unusual situation or instance arises where the expected outcome was Wrong, then that method should Never be used, trusted or exampled ever again. Is that what you're saying? Will You Never again trust any polls because of what happened in the freak 2016 election?

Do you remember when Donald was on the campaign trail during the Primary elections, running against the Republicans, and before Every rally he would reach into his left inside coat pocket and quote his poll numbers as he bested his competiors time and time again. Tell the truth, do you remember  that? The polls said he was going to beat his opponents and he did! Notice he stopped quoting his polls numbers when he was down against Hillary? Notice he Never talks about his poll numbers now? Why? Because Donald Trump Believes Polls. News that criticizes Mr.Trump may be fake to him but when it comes to his abysmal poll numbers, Donald shuts his big mouth. You notice that? Why? Because Donald Believes the polls.

So pleassse get some new material about the polls. Donald will NOT be re-elected again. Keep your eye on the polls and remember how funny and ridiculous they are to you now.