Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Trump expected to move US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

355 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Sure they have.  Nary a problem.  Shooting rockets at Israelis are no reason for Israel to retaliate in order to stop it?

That’s Hamas not the PA

The PA controls the West Bank. Hamas controls Gaza

1 minute ago, Ode2Joy said:

Sure they have.  Nary a problem.  Shooting rockets at Israelis are no reason for Israel to retaliate in order to stop it?

I don't know if you are aware of this, but Palestinian Authority is the not same thing as Hamas.  PA controls the West bank and Hamas controls Gaza where most of the rocket attacks originate.

3 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

I don't know if you are aware of this, but Palestinian Authority is the not same thing as Hamas.  PA controls the West bank and Hamas controls Gaza where most of the rocket attacks originate.

^Yep

It’s amazing that some posters speak with authority on topics they don’t know jack about

The PA accepted Israel’s existence long ago and has had cooperation with Israel on Security in the West Bank for years. 

5 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

I'm well aware of it. 

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

I agree.  A lot of people on the left, the non-religious ones, are hoping for a big war where Israel is completely destroyed and the Jews there wiped out, or at least where Jews are treated as they are in neighboring Muslim countries. 

Recognizing Israel's capital is also the best guarantee that worshippers of all faiths will still have access to their holy sites.  The failure to recognize Israel on Muslim countries' maps and calls for the destruction of Israel says it all.   

I have never heard anyone here, on the left or otherwise, hoping Israel is wiped out. I think you're making that up. Whereas all you need to do to confirm what I said is consult the liturgy of certain fundamentalist groups.

Recognizing Israel's capital as Jerusalem is unlikely to do much beyond create violence. Why Trump would do it is anyone's guess, unless violence over there somehow serves Putin's goals. And what's with the slurred speech, Trump? Medicated? Micro-vascular infarct? What?

7 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I'm well aware of it. 

I find this difficult to believe, given what's known about the bulk of Trump supporters.

41 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Why do you repeat this lie. Israel fomented the war in '67 and it was Israel that fired the first shots.

Exactly correct.

Menachem Begin, leader of Gahal Party: “In June 1967 we again had a choice. The Egyptian army concentrations in the Sinai approaches did not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.” (cited in New York Times, Aug. 21, 1982.)

Israel precipitated the 1967 War by staging border aggressions against Syria and seizing Syrian land in the demilitarized zone between the two countries. From 1948 to 1967, Syria reported more than 1,000 armed clashes, and in a candid 1976 interview, Moshe Dayan admitted that Israel provoked 80 percent of them:

“We would send a tractor to plow some [disputed] area... and we knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot. If they didn’t shoot, we would tell the tractor to advance further, until in the end the Syrians would get annoyed and shoot. And then we would use artillery and later the air force also, and that’s how it was.... I made a mistake in allowing the conquest of the Golan Heights. As defense minister I should have stopped it because the Syrians were not threatening us at the time.”

http://www.gregfelton.com/middle/2007_06_07.htm

The Zionist goal with the 1967 War was to gain more territory.  Gaining territory through war is against international law. 

The US Government is owned by the Zionists.  The US Liberty attack by Israel during the 1967 War in which they attempted to murder its entire crew and to sink the ship stands as an example of the influence the Zionists have over the US Government since LBJ was unwilling to "embarrass our ally" by rescuing the USS Liberty while it was under attack by Israel.

9 minutes ago, Daan said:

Exactly correct.

Menachem Begin, leader of Gahal Party: “In June 1967 we again had a choice. The Egyptian army concentrations in the Sinai approaches did not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.” (cited in New York Times, Aug. 21, 1982.)

Israel precipitated the 1967 War by staging border aggressions against Syria and seizing Syrian land in the demilitarized zone between the two countries. From 1948 to 1967, Syria reported more than 1,000 armed clashes, and in a candid 1976 interview, Moshe Dayan admitted that Israel provoked 80 percent of them:

“We would send a tractor to plow some [disputed] area... and we knew in advance that the Syrians would start to shoot. If they didn’t shoot, we would tell the tractor to advance further, until in the end the Syrians would get annoyed and shoot. And then we would use artillery and later the air force also, and that’s how it was.... I made a mistake in allowing the conquest of the Golan Heights. As defense minister I should have stopped it because the Syrians were not threatening us at the time.”

http://www.gregfelton.com/middle/2007_06_07.htm

The Zionist goal with the 1967 War was to gain more territory.  Gaining territory through war is against international law. 

The US Government is owned by the Zionists.  The US Liberty attack by Israel during the 1967 War in which they attempted to murder its entire crew and to sink the ship stands as an example of the influence the Zionists have over the US Government since LBJ was unwilling to "embarrass our ally" by rescuing the USS Liberty while it was under attack by Israel.

I think that here, most posters that claim that Israel were the innocents that were attacked by the nasty Arab states, do so out of ignorance, they have fallen victim to the Israeli/Zionist organised disinformation and revised history machine. I also think that there are a couple or so posters here that are a part of that organised machine.

Edited by WKDWZD

1 minute ago, WKDWZD said:

I think that here, most posters that claim that Israel were the innocents that were attacked by the nasty Arab statest do so out of ignorance, they have fallen victim to the Israeli/Zionist organised disinformation and revised history machine. I also think that there are a couple or so posters here that are a part of that organised machine.

Israel wanted a war and Nasser wanted a war.  Egypt gave Israel the reason to attack by blockading the strait.

31 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

I find this difficult to believe, given what's known about the bulk of Trump supporters.

You must live in Baltimore which is completely controlled and has been for decades upon decades by all of the highly educated and brilliant Democrats. 

18 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Israel wanted a war and Nasser wanted a war.  Egypt gave Israel the reason to attack by blockading the strait.

Israel sought and was given assurances by the US Government that the US had their back.  The US was in the process with other world governments of opening the canal.  Israel was aware of this and decided to attack Egypt before the situation was resolved.

There is nothing short of taking all of what was Palestine that will satisfy the Zionists.

Edited by Daan
spelling

19 hours ago, hst2 said:

His base loves it.

Its all about what's good for him.

The Jerusalem Embassy Act was passed in 1995 and was to be completed by 1999. Every president since caved to threats from violence from  Hamas  and political pressure from various states in the ME and Europe. Trump delayed it at first, but as promised in his campaign, delivered. It's the right thing to do. 

2 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

The Jerusalem Embassy Act was passed in 1995 and was to be completed by 1999. Every president since caved to threats from violence from  Hamas  and political pressure from various states in the ME and Europe. Trump delayed it at first, but as promised in his campaign, delivered. It's the right thing to do. 

In terms of this country's interests, why is it the right thing to do?

21 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

what? Are you suggesting that people will attack, maim and kill innocents just because they disagree with a symbolic, political decision that no one really cares about? Just what kind of people are we dealing with here?

Many here believe that caving in to terrorists will endear them to us. Look no farther than England where they have a very liberal open border policy. And for their political correctness, radical Islamist tried to assassinate the British Prime minister. And BTW, anti Semitism is alive and well here on the forum and the US. Just saying.;)

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

You must live in Baltimore which is completely controlled and has been for decades upon decades by all of the highly educated and brilliant Democrats. 

Wrong. Again. ;)

6 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

In terms of this country's interests, why is it the right thing to do?

Besides enforcing the law that was passed by congress , they are our only loyal ally in the middle east.The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995[1] is a public law of the United States passed by the 104th Congress on October 23, 1995. It was passed for the purposes of initiating and funding the relocation of the Embassy of the United States in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, no later than May 31, 1999, and attempted to withhold 50 percent of the funds appropriated to the State Department specifically for "Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad" as allocated in fiscal year 1999 until the United States Embassy in Jerusalem had officially opened.[2] The act also called for Jerusalem to remain an undivided city and for it to be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel. Israel's declared capital is Jerusalem, but this is not internationally recognized, pending final status talks in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. The proposed law was adopted by the Senate (93–5),[3] and the House (374–37).[4

FWIW

Despite passage, the law remained unimplemented by Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama,[5] who viewed it as a Congressional infringement on the executive branch's constitutional authority over foreign policy; they consistently claimed the presidential waiver on national security interests.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

Another example where the US Congress is owned by Israel.

Now the Israel lobby is pushing the US Congress to pass a law making support for the BDS movement a criminal offense.

But now, a group of 43 senators — 29 Republicans and 14 Democrats — wants to implement a law that would make it a felony for Americans to support the international boycott against Israel, which was launched in protest of that country’s decades-old occupation of Palestine. The two primary sponsors of the bill are Democrat Ben Cardin of Maryland and Republican Rob Portman of Ohio. Perhaps the most shocking aspect is the punishment: Anyone guilty of violating the prohibitions will face a minimum civil penalty of $250,000 and a maximum criminal penalty of $1 million and 20 years in prison.

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s-lawmakers-seek-to-criminally-outlaw-support-for-boycott-campaign-against-israel/

Edited by Daan

7 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Many here believe that caving in to terrorists will endear them to us. Look no farther than England where they have a very liberal open border policy. And for their political correctness, radical Islamist tried to assassinate the British Prime minister. And BTW, anti Semitism is alive and well here on the forum and the US. Just saying.;)

Come on mate, you're better than that. Being opposed to Trump's irresponible decision to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem is not being anti-Semitic. Don't cheapen yourself like the rest of those who deliberately conflate Jews, Israel and Zionism so that they can use "anti-Semitism" as a bludgeon at every flimsy opportunity. 

16 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

Besides enforcing the law that was passed by congress , they are our only loyal ally in the middle east.The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995[1] is a public law of the United States passed by the 104th Congress on October 23, 1995. It was passed for the purposes of initiating and funding the relocation of the Embassy of the United States in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, no later than May 31, 1999, and attempted to withhold 50 percent of the funds appropriated to the State Department specifically for "Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad" as allocated in fiscal year 1999 until the United States Embassy in Jerusalem had officially opened.[2] The act also called for Jerusalem to remain an undivided city and for it to be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel. Israel's declared capital is Jerusalem, but this is not internationally recognized, pending final status talks in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. The proposed law was adopted by the Senate (93–5),[3] and the House (374–37).[4

They are the closest thing to an ally in the region, but I don't know how loyal they are.  Netanyahu did come here to address Congress because he didn't like Obama's foreign policy.  Not exactly loyal.  Either way, the US and Israel still worked together and we gave them billions when the Tel Aviv was the recognized capital.

So again I ask how this is the right thing to do in terms of the US' interests?  We already tow their line in the UN.

6 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

Come on mate, you're better than that. Being opposed to Trump's irresponible decision to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem is not being anti-Semitic. Don't cheapen yourself like the rest of those who deliberately conflate Jews, Israel and Zionism so that they can use "anti-Semitism" as a bludgeon at every flimsy opportunity. 

My claim is aimed at those it applies to. That's why I left it open ended. I try not to specifically attack individuals, but to ignore the anti-Semitism when it rears it's ugly head, is no different than ignoring any other type of racism. I'm sure you'll notice posters that never miss an opportunity to attack Israel. Some, it's about the only thing they're consistent on.  There are people such as yourself who are politically opposed to it, which although I disagree, I respect, but there are many who are knee jerk anti - Jew. I support the move because it is not only the law, but I see radical Islam as the most immediate threat to the world and I back Israel implicitly. 

2 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

They are the closest thing to an ally in the region, but I don't know how loyal they are.  Netanyahu did come here to address Congress because he didn't like Obama's foreign policy.  Not exactly loyal.  Either way, the US and Israel still worked together and we gave them billions when the Tel Aviv was the recognized capital.

So again I ask how this is the right thing to do in terms of the US' interests?  We already tow their line in the UN.

More so on a moral level of support. I'll lay my life on the line more enthusiastically for those that support me. And you can't really believe that Obama was a friend to Israel.

4 minutes ago, mrdeltoid said:

My claim is aimed at those it applies to. That's why I left it open ended. I try not to specifically attack individuals, but to ignore the anti-Semitism when it rears it's ugly head, is no different than ignoring any other type of racism. I'm sure you'll notice posters that never miss an opportunity to attack Israel. Some, it's about the only thing they're consistent on.  There are people such as yourself who are politically opposed to it, which although I disagree, I respect, but there are many who are knee jerk anti - Jew. I support the move because it is not only the law, but I see radical Islam as the most immediate threat to the world and I back Israel implicitly. 

Please point out to me an "anti-Jew" post in this thread - again, being anti-Israel or Anti-Zionism is not being anti-Jew.

1 minute ago, mrdeltoid said:

More so on a moral level of support. I'll lay my life on the line more enthusiastically for those that support me. And you can't really believe that Obama was a friend to Israel.

Why?  Because he didn't support the continued expanding of settlements?  Or because he tried to work out an agreement with Iran?  Either way, Israel got plenty of aid during his 8 years and was never forced into anything.

Just now, mcorioles said:

Lots of Dems for it.

Time to rethink your talking points Sun libs.

I didn’t get my Talking Points this AM 😊

Do you get yours from Breitbart or Fox News?