Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joba

House votes to kill Texas lawmaker’s Trump impeachment effort

54 posts in this topic

Quote

 

Republicans and most Democrats in the House banded together Friday to stop an attempt to impeach President Trump.

Rep. Al Green (D-Tex.) came to the House floor at 12:13 p.m. Wednesday to offer articles of impeachment under special House rules requiring a floor vote; he returned to the floor at 1:34 to force that vote. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) offered a motion to table the resolution, which was adopted on a 364 to 58 vote. Every lawmaker who opposed the motion was a Democrat, as were four others who voted present.

The top two House Democrats both voted to table the resolution after coming out against Green’s effort shortly before the House voted. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) issued a joint statement opposed Green’s push, though they stopped short of calling on Democrats to vote to kill it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/12/06/house-democratic-leaders-oppose-texas-lawmakers-trump-impeachment-effort/?utm_term=.be535e07d8ee

 

LOL this deranged impeachment buffoon was slapped down hard, quite rightfully I might add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Joba said:

LOL this deranged impeachment buffoon was slapped down hard, quite rightfully I might add.

Yup to early. Let’s see Muellers report when finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The implosion  continues.

 

LOL keep digging libs.

Edited by mcorioles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gonzoliberal said:

....Ball One....;

 

One of many. This pitcher is pretty lousy - only a matter of time before he gets pulled out of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk about shooting your wad pre maturely.

Do this too many times and get shot down it will take away the momentum when they really have something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jonsensback said:

Talk about shooting your wad pre maturely.

Do this too many times and get shot down it will take away the momentum when they really have something.

I would word it a bit differently, I agree with you completely on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way too early, they need to get him on the same page. 

The script is continue to "investigate" until after the midterms of '18

With the House once again in Dem hands, then Muller releases his damning report--- it's probably already written, just like Hillary's exoneration was,  and then is the time.

(I'm not predicting the dems win the house, but, that's their plan)

Edited by Saticon3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jonsensback said:

Talk about shooting your wad pre maturely.

Do this too many times and get shot down it will take away the momentum when they really have something.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jtowne-swim said:

Yup to early. Let’s see Muellers report when finished.

EXACTLY!!!! The keyword is it has been tabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

With the House once again in Dem hands, then Muller releases his damning report--- it's probably already written, just like Hillary's exoneration was,  and then is the time.

(I'm not predicting the dems win the house, but, that's their plan)

If it gets rid of Trump, it's worth doing. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

If it gets rid of Trump, it's worth doing. :)

Does the president have to do anything illegal, with proof?  Or just continue to be an *** to be removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

Does the president have to do anything illegal, with proof?  Or just continue to be an *** to be removed?

 

Or be proven to be a danger to self and others?

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, overtaxed said:

Does the president have to do anything illegal, with proof?  Or just continue to be an *** to be removed?

I'm at the "anything that gets rid of him, short of physical violence, is okay with me". He represents a dismal low in this country's history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

I'm at the "anything that gets rid of him, short of physical violence, is okay with me". He represents a dismal low in this country's history.

Well that sure makes you impartial, doesn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Joba said:

Well that sure makes you impartial, doesn't it?

When did I claim to be impartial? Trump and McConnell trained me to dislike the GOP and what it stands for, and they did it well. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Evil Yoda said:

I'm at the "anything that gets rid of him, short of physical violence, is okay with me". He represents a dismal low in this country's history.

That is unfortunate.  There are still some laws that are enforced.  You may want to focus some of your anger towards the democratic party.  They ran the only person he could beat.  Which was amazing to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The House has been bought out with iou's from special interest groups who could care less what happens next.

On another note;

Trump moves US embassy in Israel without asking Congress first. He did this just to change the subject even if deaths occur as a result.

If deaths do occur, the blood will be on Trump’s hands.

In my view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

That is unfortunate.  There are still some laws that are enforced.  You may want to focus some of your anger towards the democratic party.  They ran the only person he could beat.  Which was amazing to watch.

The Russians got dumb trump elected. You only have to read the real news to know this.

 

 

Edited by tooldtocare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 8:28 PM, Evil Yoda said:

If it gets rid of Trump, it's worth doing. :)

You could get rid of him with a military coup and establishment of a dictatorship that rips up the Constitution and burns it in the Capitol forum.  Worth doing?  Or do you think you might be able to wait 3 years and have a peaceful and Constitutional transition of power?  Assuming you win.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jdsample said:

You could get rid of him with a military coup and establishment of a dictatorship that rips up the Constitution and burns it in the Capitol forum.  Worth doing?  Or do you think you might be able to wait 3 years and have a peaceful and Constitutional transition of power?  Assuming you win.  

I hope it doesn't go that far. But if it does, Trump will have more military support anyway. The liberals just can't buy a win nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0