Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Trump says workers make less money than welfare recipients

14 posts in this topic

At a recent speech in Missouri in which he vowed new welfare restrictions, Trump said that “the person who is not working at all and has no intention of working at all is making more money and doing better than the person that's working his [or] her [butt] off.”Link

Its tempting to write this off as part of a pattern of our president's usual gibberish. But he may have a point. With wages not keeping up with the standard of living, it may really be true that those who work are worse off than people on welfare. But if that is the case, I'm not sure that driving more people into poverty by forcing them to find a job is really the answer.

But then, that depends on the question. And really, the question is, "How can we pay for tax cuts for the rich?" The answer, of course, is by squeezing it from the blood of the poor and working class.

Edited by hst2
Language

I love when someone born with a silver spoon lectures Poor people on morality and work ethic

Sorry Donald. Not all of us have parents who can loan us Millions of dollars. 

Keep the serfs focused on those below them as the wealthy continue to take more of the pie.  I have to give Trump credit, he understands the sheer stupidity of Americans perfectly.

7 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Keep the serfs focused on those below them as the wealthy continue to take more of the pie.  I have to give Trump credit, he understands the sheer stupidity of Americans perfectly.

Ironically a lot of the people he’s talking about help put him in office. Then again he did say he loves the uneducated and that he could shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose any support. 

8 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Ironically a lot of the people he’s talking about help put him in office. Then again he did say he loves the uneducated and that he could shoot someone on fifth avenue and not lose any support. 

and sadly many of those people seem to post here. Those who put him in office don't care what happens to them, just as long as the dotard is sticking his fingers in the eyes of those responsible for taking things away from the aggrieved (read white working class)....

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

The Protestant/Puritan Work Ethic. 

It’s as American as Apple Pie to think that people are wealthy because they work harder and people are poor because they’re lazy or have bad morals.

1 hour ago, ivanbalt said:

1 hour ago, bmore_ken said:

Both excellent points; Trump is the great exploiter.

Please explain why my title was changed and why this one is incorrect.

Throwing those lazy bums off welfare and into the job market will boost hard working peoples' wages.  -_-<_<

59 minutes ago, hst2 said:

I'd like to know as well.

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

Inquiring minds want to know.

12 hours ago, hst2 said:

Don't know about this one but your original title was a lie containing quotes that were never said and not in your linked article .....

Some would say fake news, others SOP around here ....

12 hours ago, hst2 said:

I doubt you will get an answer.  I asked a similar question and the thread was gone.  Poof.