Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

VA slashes program that helps homeless veterans obtain housing

8 posts in this topic

The Hill:

VA slashes program that helps homeless veterans obtain housing

The Department of Veterans Affairs is slashing funding for a key program that helps provide housing to homeless veterans, according to a new report.

Politico reports the VA told advocates and state officials in a call last week that the $460 million program would essentially end.

VA Secretary David Shulkin reportedly told those on the call that the money for the program would now go to VA hospitals for use as they see fit. The hospitals must show that they are working to deal with homelessness as part of their work, according to Politico.

Activists and officials were reportedly furious about the decision, five people who listened in on the call told the news organization.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/363681-va-slashes-program-that-helps-homeless-veterans-obtain-housing-report?amp&__twitter_impression=true

‘Merry Christmas’ 

Must have been an Obama program...

Last week my friends and I took 2 SUV's filled with linens, food, clothes, household items, stamps and writing items to Home of the Brave which is a shelter for homeless male and female veterans located in Sussex County DE.  

There is no shame in America's game.

I can't wait to see the Trumpanzees try and spin this one.  I mean, you know they will it's just a matter of how ridiculous the spin will be.

Don't know anything about the mentioned program.  Was it working as intended?  Seems to be a lot of homeless veterans before this change.

7 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

Don't know anything about the mentioned program.  Was it working as intended?  Seems to be a lot of homeless veterans before this change.

Baltimore has a lot of crime. That doesn’t mean we should cut funds for the Police