Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Impartialfan

Dunbar vs MIAA

76 posts in this topic

Where would Dunbar finish if they were in the MIAA-A division? Clearly they would lose to St.Frances but what about the others? My guess is they would beat Loyola and be somewhere in the pack with the other five schools.

They would definitely beat Loyola this year, speed kills. Don't think the would size up with the other teams very well though, especially on the lines

Yeah, it's about time to start the private / public thing and where it always start, a top public matched against a private bottom feeder and questioning if the public can hang....  Let's Get Ready To Rumble with woulda, coulda, shouldas......on stuff that will not take place this season.

1 hour ago, EaglePride said:

Not so sure they would beat Loyola. Would love to see that game though.

I only saw the tape of Dunbar against Fort Hill this year, so haven’t seen much of them. Not sure who would win this game, but wouldn’t give Dunbar much of a shot against any other team in the MIAA-A. 

Dunbar doesn’t run from comp, let’s get a MIAA-A team back on the schedule. They played Gilman last year. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

37 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I only saw the tape of Dunbar against Fort Hill this year, so haven’t seen much of them. Not sure who would win this game, but wouldn’t give Dunbar much of a shot against any other team in the MIAA-A. 

Dunbar doesn’t run from comp, let’s get a MIAA-A team back on the schedule. They played Gilman last year. 

As much as I hate to agree with this guy on anything, AO calls it like it is....I learned the hard way...The City  league just does not measure up to the Miaa-a  at all....I see Dunbar beating the bottom 3 teams and I'm really not sure about that either......now excuse me while I vomit first then take a cyanide pill 

Edited by AgentOrange

Loyola would out scheme Dunbar all day...ok now I will vomit and take a cyanide pill 

Edited by AgentOrange

4 minutes ago, AgentOrange said:

Loyola would out scheme Dunbar all day...ok now I will vomit and take a cyanide pill 

Out Scheme? Loyola lost to BL and JC last year, and tried to run the triple option (while there were much better options for their talent) so where is the evidence of a brilliant game plan? I'm not saying they are bad coaches, but where is the evidence that they are any better than the Dunbar coaches?  Dunbar has talent, but their coaches made adjustments in the FH game and shut down the running game. I've had kids play in the MIAA (A and B conference) and I have seen good coaching and poor coaching, and I think the public's have the same (some great coaches and some poor) ...but don't automatically say the coaching in the MIAA is better. What's better in the A conference (and only at the top schools) is the line play. Just my thoughts.     

Same old story. MIAA kids weather A or B are typically superior to any public cause their kids come from a broad geographical area. Dunbar kids come from the Dunbar school district. That limits the talent pool. Just a fact. Its like the fools that think Alabama could beat the Browns. Apples and Oranges. I do think Dunbar could give the bottom MIAA-A and a few B teams a good run though. Would love to see it.

4 minutes ago, EaglePride said:

Same old story. MIAA kids weather A or B are typically superior to any public cause their kids come from a broad geographical area. Dunbar kids come from the Dunbar school district. That limits the talent pool. Just a fact. Its like the fools that think Alabama could beat the Browns. Apples and Oranges. I do think Dunbar could give the bottom MIAA-A and a few B teams a good run though. Would love to see it.

Actually Dunbar kids come from all over but carry on

3 minutes ago, EaglePride said:

Dunbar kids come from all over the city, Dunbar doesn’t have a school district. The best player in Dunbar history, grew up in West Baltimore, across the street from Mondawmin Mall. Far from the East Baltimore located Dunbar. 

13 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Actually Dunbar kids come from all over but carry o

Edited by Rob A.

36 minutes ago, Express said:

Out Scheme? Loyola lost to BL and JC last year, and tried to run the triple option (while there were much better options for their talent) so where is the evidence of a brilliant game plan? I'm not saying they are bad coaches, but where is the evidence that they are any better than the Dunbar coaches?  Dunbar has talent, but their coaches made adjustments in the FH game and shut down the running game. I've had kids play in the MIAA (A and B conference) and I have seen good coaching and poor coaching, and I think the public's have the same (some great coaches and some poor) ...but don't automatically say the coaching in the MIAA is better. What's better in the A conference (and only at the top schools) is the line play. Just my thoughts.     

Dunbar played Boy’s  Latin last year at BL and won 12-3.  No excuses because either you win or you lose, but the Gilman game was played the  1st game of the season and J had just arrIved a week and half before the game was played.  No chemistry at the beginning of the season and the offense was different the first couple of games. Adjustments were made by the 3rd game.  Game played during the second half of the season, possibly a different outcome.   

Edited by B-BALL IN MOTION

12 minutes ago, Dmvballer said:

I don't know if Dunbar beats anyone.  Loyola is still well coached. JMO

And there is the problem, a school of thought that one cannot be beaten!!  A lot is not saying Dunbar cannot be beaten but that Dunbar cannot beat any MIAA team.  This is the posture that I have vehemently argued each year with those who soundly state publics CANNOT beat privates while I say if you suit up and get on the field then you can lose, anyone can be beaten.  Quite frankly, a vamp found the public championships so much more entertaining than the WHACK and MIAA-A championships.  The private game just ain't what it should be for all the resources afforded it.  You ain't what you think you are but just what a vamp know you to be.  For each Saint John's you have a Bishop McNamara and for Saint Frances you carry a Loyola and worse....   :P

2 hours ago, Express said:

I been to enough City league vs Miaa-a games to get the frikken  memo and point....While the City league is vastly underrated and always seems to hold its own vs outer league competition, it is a entirely different story with regards to the Miaa-a...science and statistics say that Big Foot don't exist....there is no evidence that proves my statements are false....the Miaa-a rules....SFA is nationaly ranked and on any given day, Gilman, CHC and Loyola would beat anything the City League has to offer...hands down...if not, prove me wrong.....    

4 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

And there is the problem, a school of thought that one cannot be beaten!!  A lot is not saying Dunbar cannot be beaten but that Dunbar cannot beat any MIAA team.  This is the posture that I have vehemently argued each year with those who soundly state publics CANNOT beat privates while I say if you suit up and get on the field then you can lose, anyone can be beaten.  Quite frankly, a vamp found the public championships so much more entertaining than the WHACK and MIAA-A championships.  The private game just ain't what it should be for all the resources afforded it.  You ain't what you think you are but just what a vamp know you to be.  For each Saint John's you have a Bishop McNamara and for Saint Frances you carry a Loyola and worse....   :P

we have to go with the results and stats...the Miaa-a has clowned the City league....

1 minute ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Dunbar would beat teams in the B&C and Loyola

Last year, Dunbar struggled to beat BL 12-3...its over man...its a wrap....the Miaa-a rules

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Dunbar kids come from all over the city, Dunbar doesn’t have a school district. The best player in Dunbar history, grew up in West Baltimore, across the street from Mondawmin Mall. Far from the East Baltimore located Dunbar. 

where u going with this

5 hours ago, Impartialfan said:

Where would Dunbar finish if they were in the MIAA-A division? Clearly they would lose to St.Frances but what about the others? My guess is they would beat Loyola and be somewhere in the pack with the other five schools.

If Dunbar were in the MIAA-A and could do what MIAA-A teams do, they perhaps would be SFA....  That's the ticket, SFA is the MIAA-A Dunbar or SAF is private Dunbar of the area right now....

6 minutes ago, AgentOrange said:

Last year, Dunbar struggled to beat BL 12-3...its over man...its a wrap....the Miaa-a rules

Wouldn’t be the case this season 

5 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Yeah, it's about time to start the private / public thing and where it always start, a top public matched against a private bottom feeder and questioning if the public can hang....  Let's Get Ready To Rumble with woulda, coulda, shouldas......on stuff that will not take place this season.

Kind of like how would Dunbar do vs the 2A and 3A finalists?...

4 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Kind of like how would Dunbar do vs the 2A and 3A finalists?...

2A would be close 

3A I’d give them a W because of QB play which seemed to be one of the holes MM had

1 hour ago, AgentOrange said:

I been to enough City league vs Miaa-a games to get the frikken  memo and point....While the City league is vastly underrated and always seems to hold its own vs outer league competition, it is a entirely different story with regards to the Miaa-a...science and statistics say that Big Foot don't exist....there is no evidence that proves my statements are false....the Miaa-a rules....SFA is nationaly ranked and on any given day, Gilman, CHC and Loyola would beat anything the City League has to offer...hands down...if not, prove me wrong.....    

You said "out schemed" the first time around and you were talking about Loyola (not all the other A teams you brought into it in the second statement). My point was, Loyola this year was a mid level B conference team at best and the coaches showed no ability to out scheme anyone. They might still beat Dunbar but that doesn't mean they automatically out-schemed anyone.