Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ncbirdfan

Marty Mornhinweg Says Joe Flacco's Recent Improvement Is Tied to His Health

10 posts in this topic

Marty Mornhinweg Says Joe Flacco's Recent Improvement Is Tied to His Health

Offensive Coordinator Marty Mornhinweg has noticed Flacco moving around better to extend plays the past couple weeks, which has led to better play overall, and attributed it to Flacco’s improved health.

“I think he’s a little bit more healthy than he has [been],” Mornhinweg said Thursday. “I think people forget [that] he came in with a little back issue. Three or four days of practice to start the season.

“My thought, looking back on it, was let’s be in the thing about midseason and [have] Joe healthy, because I thought that would be key. Here we are, and he’s about as healthy as he’s been all year.”

Mornhinweg indicated that he game-planned and called games differently at the start of the season when Flacco may have been still dealing with some back issues.

35 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Recent improvement??????:confused::confused:

He had a good game last week. ;)

But I did almost forget about his back issues coming into the season and not playing in the preseason. I think Morhinweg is suggesting that Flacco is finally healthy enough to have a run of good games (against poor defenses of course). Against the Steelers, let's see how many times he is not on his back.

Edited by ncbirdfan

7 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

He had a good game last week. ;)

But I did almost forget about his back issues coming into the season and not playing in the postseason. I think Morhinweg is suggesting that Flacco is finally healthy enough to have a run of good games (against poor defenses of course). Against the Steelers, let's see how many times he is not on his back.

Yeah 3 TD passes in three games don’t spell a whole lot of improvement to me. Although there’s only been one pick in that period. 

Edited by bmore_ken

1 minute ago, bmore_ken said:

Yeah 3 TD passes on three games don’t spell a whole lot of improvement to me. Although there’s only been one pick in that period. 

I remember some raving fan dismissing the back issue.

10 minutes ago, bmore_ken said:

Yeah 3 TD passes on three games don’t spell a whole lot of improvement to me. Although there’s only been one pick in that period. 

But he looked good, especially his slides. ;)

I think it is rational to sense an upward trend in the offense. I guess we'll see; this week will tell a lot. Joe seemed like a different guy last week, and I have felt all season that his health contributed to his very slow start. To me the major difference is the OL starting to pull together after a rough early season. Everything else works off that. If the defense must respect downfield passing, it opens up the running game, and again the OL is critical.

Marty is looking for something to blame for the disastrous early offense. He must understand that his job is in danger if he can't come up with something. Given his druthers, Harbaugh probably wouldn't fire him, but Bisciotti might insist on it this year. It very much depends on how they do going forward, but every year Bis claims that the Ravens insist on excellence and also fails to make the necessary changes when they aren't excellent makes him look a little bit sillier. And he's smart enough to understand this.

What's he wearing contacts that allowed him to see more than 10 yards down the field last game? .....

Perhaps the contacts allows him to see maclin? .....

If he can just put up modest numbers like he did last week we should make the playoffs  .....

O line graded out well again .....

https://russellstreetreport.com/2017/12/06/filmstudy/offensive-slump-ends/

Edited by Eastside Terp

6 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

I remember some raving fan dismissing the back issue.

So do I.  I also remember a guy that said he wouldn't start the season at 100% and they wouldn't tell us.