football345

Varsity Head Football Coaching Jobs

80 posts in this topic

Alright now that the season is officially over, which school have/will have potential openings for football coaching positions?

Reported a few days ago in the "Howard County Football 2017" forum that the Centennial position is believed to be available

Interim Coach at Bcc appears to be staying but the Jv hc position is open I think....  

Guessing from the talk on the street either

MSJ or SMR will open.  

1 minute ago, DJ88 said:

MSJ or SMR will open.  

Because one of them will go to Gilman?

2 hours ago, DJ88 said:

MSJ or SMR will open.  

Could be....

GA - can you confirm Holzer from MSJ is interviewing with Gilman.  I haven’t heard this but who knows.  

Ask OBC not NoHuddleNoMercy....

1 hour ago, Bully said:

GA - can you confirm Holzer from MSJ is interviewing with Gilman.  I haven’t heard this but who knows.  

Bully I was the coach that did the Recruit presentation in October for Coach. I have not heard anything. We are having the 8th Grade official visit night Monday so everything is status quo as far as I know.

And if he is interviewing he's not gonna tell MSJ or anyone associated to MSJ until he is offered other job. 

23 minutes ago, jbmad said:

And if he is interviewing he's not gonna tell MSJ or anyone associated to MSJ until he is offered other job. 

No rich isn’t like that he would inform the admin if he interviewed

59 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Why would he leave he is on the brink of something special there 

I’m not saying he’s interviewing with Gilman, but there’s plenty of reasons why someone would. Much higher profile job, and MONEY!! Gilman will be throwing a lot of money around for the Football program. And, its not like whoever the nee coach is coming into a bare cupboard. Gilman brings back A LOT. 

4 hours ago, Bully said:

I don’t like to speak on current coaches that’s interviewing with other schools. I spoke on Brady, because somebody else put it out there. A lot of people from all over the state, and out have applied for the job, even some college coaches. 

21 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I don’t like to speak on current coaches that’s interviewing with other schools. I spoke on Brady, because somebody else put it out there. A lot of people from all over the state, and out have applied for the job, even some college coaches. 

College coaches from within the state?

28 minutes ago, football345 said:

College coaches from within the state?

I know one is within the state. Not sure about the others. 

I guess time will tell.  Hope to see Holzer stay at MSJ.  I like what he has done with program.  He took them from bottom dweller to contender.  Not to take away from his asst coaches because they are a good group as well.

18 minutes ago, Bully said:

I guess time will tell.  Hope to see Holzer stay at MSJ.  I like what he has done with program.  He took them from bottom dweller to contender.  Not to take away from his asst coaches because they are a good group as well.

Same here. I know we are putting a lot of effort into the college recruiting portion for the current seniors and all the 1A/ 1AA kids they have in the younger classes. Think just Friday Rich had 12 colleges come thru in one day.

11 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

A lot of talk about some issues at DeMatha. Hearing Brooks could be out. 

Wow that is a shocker!

6 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I’m not saying he’s interviewing with Gilman, but there’s plenty of reasons why someone would. Much higher profile job, and MONEY!! Gilman will be throwing a lot of money around for the Football program. And, its not like whoever the nee coach is coming into a bare cupboard. Gilman brings back A LOT. 

Tossing money around turned out to be a problem when Poggi headed the football program and Gilman was winning everything under the sun.  But now it's no problem.  It sure sounds like Gilman didn't care for who Poggi was tossing the money around to.

42 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Tossing money around turned out to be a problem when Poggi headed the football program and Gilman was winning everything under the sun.  But now it's no problem.  It sure sounds like Gilman didn't care for who Poggi was tossing the money around to.

I don't think there's any doubt about that.