football345

Varsity Head Football Coaching Jobs

219 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Terps22 said:

Curtis Jacobs Hudl tape is very impressive!

Kid can play and is not afraid of contact whatsoever. 

It’s going to be interesting to see how he works with a pass first QB, if that happens. His recruiting may explode. 

45 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how he works with a pass first QB, if that happens. His recruiting may explode. 

His recruiting has already exploded. He's rated Top 150 in the country. I would be shocked if he's still at McD this year. Should have stayed at Gilman. 

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

His recruiting has already exploded. He's rated Top 150 in the country. I would be shocked if he's still at McD this year. Should have stayed at Gilman. 

I’ve seen him ranked at #195. Either way, after watching his film, I think he’s going to move up whatever list he’s on. WR’s at 6’3(?) that are that physical and productive across the middle are hard to find. Quick question, how good is he at basketball? Are we talking WCAC starter good? 

Edited by Silverbullet

4 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

I’ve seen him ranked at #195. Either way, after watching his film, I think he’s going to move up whatever list he’s on. WR’s at 6’3(?) that are that physical and productive across the middle are hard to find. Quick question, how good is he at basketball? Are we talking WCAC starter good? 

He's ok, not WCAC starter good, but good. I agree, he should move up. Kid was the best WR in the area last year. Only kid that didn't look scared against SFA. 

Best wr in the area was at poly this past year  but this kid is good. With a good passing qb watch out. 

On 4/7/2018 at 0:34 PM, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Stay at Gilman for what you don’t have a legitimate QB either and the only offerable kid you have right now is Franks . Jacobs is a legitimate talent for sure but if he was gonna transfer it should be to a school that’s gonna display his talent nationally 

On 4/5/2018 at 11:17 AM, Impartialfan said:

No exception needed...SJC denied admittance to several applicants who went on to play at other Private schools (DeMatha, Bullis, McNamara and St.Francis among others)...and both transfer quarterbacks the past two years paid more than the full tuition at some schools (and more than they were paying at their previous schools). But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Who was denied acceptance to SJC and went on to play at Bullis?

If he's a top 150 recruit then why does he need to transfer anywhere? How about staying where you are and lead your team. That's the problem, everyone wants to know what this program or that program will do for them rather figure out what they can do to help their school improve. Generation ME.

2 hours ago, GOOCH said:

Stay at Gilman for what you don’t have a legitimate QB either and the only offerable kid you have right now is Franks . Jacobs is a legitimate talent for sure but if he was gonna transfer it should be to a school that’s gonna display his talent nationally 

I’m not saying transfer to Gilman, he left Gilman and transferred to McD! He was at Gilman since 5th or 6th grade and left when Poggi left. He should have stayed there. 

Franks has many offers and Spanky has offers. They will have a few kids in the ninth grade class that will have offers. 

17 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I’m not saying transfer to Gilman, he left Gilman and transferred to McD! He was at Gilman since 5th or 6th grade and left when Poggi left. He should have stayed there. 

Franks has many offers and Spanky has offers. They will have a few kids in the ninth grade class that will have offers. 

Bach will get more Gilman guys out there. Franks has picked up all of his offers since the Bach hiring same thing with Spanky. Once that Gilman team hits the field they should have 2-3 sophomores get offers and maybe 1-2 Freshmen that they have will get offered by next spring. 

Franks has picked up a lot of his offers based on the vast improvement he has made working with Sudan Ellington the last 18 months not a new coach 

56 minutes ago, araiderfan said:

Franks has picked up a lot of his offers based on the vast improvement he has made working with Sudan Ellington the last 18 months not a new coach 

I’m glad you said it and not me 

Jacobs and penn are going to dematha. dm working very hard to get transfers. they got one from bullis and palotti as well.  face it, the top programs in the entire country get transfers. its today's day and age of football it is what it is. public and privates get transfers. the only top program around here that doesn't get athletic transfers is Gonzaga.

31 minutes ago, gc06 said:

the only top program around here that doesn't get athletic transfers is Gonzaga.

Why is that?

40 minutes ago, gc06 said:

Jacobs and penn are going to dematha. dm working very hard to get transfers. they got one from bullis and palotti as well.  face it, the top programs in the entire country get transfers. its today's day and age of football it is what it is. public and privates get transfers. the only top program around here that doesn't get athletic transfers is Gonzaga.

How many get transfers from France

12 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

Why is that?

because they dont allow it. the entire acceptance process is incredibly tough to get into Gonzaga. legacies first. QO and Dmass have more transfers than them.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, gc06 said:

because they dont allow it. the entire acceptance process is incredibly tough to get into Gonzaga. legacies first. QO and Dmass have more transfers than them.

So do they not accept transfers in general or just athletes?  I would expect a public school to have more transfers than an elite private school.

Edited by nomad974

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, gc06 said:

You were correct about the Gonzaga transfer. It’s not happening. I think GC is getting the best transfer in the area. You guys will be incredibly tough to stop on the ground. 

Edited by Silverbullet

39 minutes ago, nomad974 said:

So do they not accept transfers in general or just athletes?  I would expect a public school to have more transfers than an elite private school.

They have accepted transfers before, but it’s extremely tough. You need a bulletproof reason and a stacked resume. Some say Gonzaga’s admissions process is more selective than Georgetown Prep.

1 hour ago, jbmad said:

How many get transfers from France

Saw that today can’t make this stuff up

22 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

They have accepted transfers before, but it’s extremely tough. You need a bulletproof reason and a stacked resume. Some say Gonzaga’s admissions process is more selective than Georgetown Prep.

SB, Doesn't Gonzaga have twice as many kids as Georgetown Prep. I thought they had about 950 to 960 kids. Do you mean transfers? They might not take them because it's not great for kids already in the school to have a transfer come in and play ahead of someone who has been there.

36 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

You were correct about the Gonzaga transfer. It’s not happening. I think GC is getting the best transfer in the area. You guys will be incredibly tough to stop on the ground. 

Nope, you guys are! I called the fact that Jacobs would be leaving McD. He’s the best transfer. You will have a sick WR Corp, Jacobs and Hellams!! That’s scary!!! Who will be the QB?  

3 minutes ago, OldBallCoach said:

Saw that today can’t make this stuff up

SFA has a kid from France? 

Yes forward an article about a 6’5 290 kid with a big 10 offer from France headed to SFA

8 hours ago, 58Colts said:

SB, Doesn't Gonzaga have twice as many kids as Georgetown Prep. I thought they had about 950 to 960 kids. Do you mean transfers? They might not take them because it's not great for kids already in the school to have a transfer come in and play ahead of someone who has been there.

Yes, Gonzaga has about twice the student body of GP. Gonzaga also is much cheaper for a similar academic experience and superior athletics. Also, Gonzaga’s location is more attractive to the northern Virginia demo. Driving to GP in Rockville from Alexandria is brutal during rush hour.