soulflower

Trump spends 4 to 8 hours per day watching TV

171 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

How can they not see this?

Are they so vested they can't go back now?

Cant wait to see what they say when nothing comes of this.

I expect there will be 8 years of great expectations.  They might find someone who underpaid taxes.  

16 hours ago, jdsample said:

I think it was a combination.  The idea that he would pick Oprah meant he was not serious and therefore subject to ridicule.  Of course most people I know never thought he was serious until he won the nomination.  Crazy times.  Maybe the next election will be Oprah v The Rock.  I did not realize that was back in 99!

As a rule I think it is a bad idea to make TV celebrities our political leaders.  However I think Trump has made some good moves, despite my low expectations.  

Glad you do, the only good thing that I can say about him is that he got Steve Bannon knocked down several pegs.  

9 hours ago, stevez51 said:

Wouldn't the White House kitchen make better food than Mickey D's ...???

You would think, but then Trump loves Mickey D's.  

Just now, jdsample said:

I expect there will be 8 years of great expectations.  They might find someone who underpaid taxes.  

I think they will stick with he's guilty ............I mean they still are on the bandwagon as of today 

Just now, EGoldstein said:

Glad you do, the only good thing that I can say about him is that he got Steve Bannon knocked down several pegs.  

LOL.  Another peg today for Bannon.  

But I think tax reform is a wholly imperfect improvement on what we had.  

9 minutes ago, jdsample said:

Whoops, not counting Flynn, Manafort, Gates and Papadopolous -- who've been CHARGED.

It is moving at quite a clip compared to Ken Starr's expedition which yielded nothing in TEN YEARS other than a set-up to induce the president to lie about an embarrassing fling with an intern.

I expect Mueller will not find anything more than gross incompetence and extreme greed in the end but as long as Trump and his sycophants get flushed by the next election, I'll consider it a success.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, jdsample said:

LOL.  Another peg today for Bannon.  

But I think tax reform is a wholly imperfect improvement on what we had.  

Yes that is true, poor Bannon.

That is because you are for a big central government, or at least your idea of a tax plan sounds like it.  

Edited by EGoldstein

2 hours ago, hst2 said:

That's a separate issue.

Interesting how short your posts are in a thread that doesn’t involve some self flaggelation for your demons at large. 

25 minutes ago, dogstarman said:

Whoops, not counting Flynn, Manafort, Gates and Papadopolous -- who've been CHARGED.

It is moving at quite a clip compared to Ken Starr's expedition which yielded nothing in TEN YEARS other than a set-up to induce the president to lie about an embarrassing fling with an intern.

I expect Mueller will not find anything more than gross incompetence and extreme greed in the end but as long as Trump and his sycophants get flushed by the next election, I'll consider it a success.

All charged with “process crimes”, none of which are even remotely associated with the Russian collusion BS narrative. Whoops indeed. :lol::lol:

Edited by volperdinger

33 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

All charged with “process crimes”, none of which are even remotely associated with the Russian collusion BS narrative. Whoops indeed. :lol::lol:

They act like this isn't known.

45 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

It shows a real bad judge of character.

57 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

Yes, "the best people" as Trump would say. 

My favorite is Manafort who, prior to working as a consultant to the Russian kleptocratic designs on Ukraine, advised 3rd world tyrants in the fine arts of public relations. 

That alone should have prompted anyone in US politics to refuse to be in the same room with him, but he's done much more than that and, sorry sport, it's a bit more serious than "process crimes". The charges, among others, include MONEY LAUNDERING (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/30/us/politics/document-paul-manafort-rick-gates-indictment.html).

But by all means, go ahead and continue to live in your "alternative facts" universe. 

Edited by dogstarman

2 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

They act like this isn't known.

They know, it’s just that their level of unhinged rage has reached a fever pitch, in their inability to come to grips with the loss their bulldog suffered 14 months ago. 

13 hours ago, stevez51 said:

He wasn't my guy, but we are stuck with him until 2020 or shorter. Jim Bowie ..??? You come off as not that old.

LOL,... thanks. Actually I'm not that old. Did all my Jim Bowie pretending based off the old UHF channel reruns. Used to come on right before Captain Chesapeake,... or was it right after? Can't remember! Sky King was another one of my old B&W favorites,... amazing how all the crime in all the universe just so happened to happen around an airfield. Hahaha!

Well maybe Oprah will end the orange numskull.

Edited by ericpd

26 minutes ago, dogstarman said:

Yes, "the best people" as Trump would say. 

My favorite is Manafort who, prior to working as a consultant to the Russian kleptocratic designs on Ukraine, advised 3rd world tyrants in the fine arts of public relations. 

That alone should have prompted anyone in US politics to refuse to be in the same room with him, but he's done much more than that and, sorry sport, it's a bit more serious than "process crimes". The charges, among others, include MONEY LAUNDERING (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/30/us/politics/document-paul-manafort-rick-gates-indictment.html).

But by all means, go ahead and continue to live in your "alternative facts" universe. 

Money laundering? ( Spare me the caps). Manafort and Gates conspired together to circumvent IRS efforts to enforce tax laws.  This is a common practice on both sides of the political aisle  of course, you wouldn’t recognize that, as you are a bitter paritisan, and are incapable of seeing that. 

1 hour ago, hst2 said:

It shows a real bad judge of character.

Re: My last response to you. 

9 hours ago, volperdinger said:

Money laundering? ( Spare me the caps). Manafort and Gates conspired together to circumvent IRS efforts to enforce tax laws.  This is a common practice on both sides of the political aisle  of course, you wouldn’t recognize that, as you are a bitter paritisan, and are incapable of seeing that. 

Oh, is that all? 

There are plenty of legal or even "grey-area" ways for wealthy people to mitigate their taxes. But money laundering is taking a cue from the movie Scarface. It is a serious criminal charge. 

Any grandma will say that you can judge people by the company they keep. Sorry, but the stink around Trump has attracted quite a lot of flies. This will not end well for the stable genius and his cohorts although I am sure he will declare "victory" no matter what happens.

9 hours ago, volperdinger said:

when everyone's guilty, no one is guilty.

32 minutes ago, dogstarman said:

Oh, is that all? 

There are plenty of legal or even "grey-area" ways for wealthy people to mitigate their taxes. But money laundering is taking a cue from the movie Scarface. It is a serious criminal charge. 

Any grandma will say that you can judge people by the company they keep. Sorry, but the stink around Trump has attracted quite a lot of flies. This will not end well for the stable genius and his cohorts although I am sure he will declare "victory" no matter what happens.

Yes, that’s all. Robert Mueller was appointed to oversee the investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. Which of the aforementioned process crimes are pertinent again? Take a pill grandma. 

3 minutes ago, hst2 said:

when everyone's guilty, no one is guilty.

I’ll remember that when reading your next self loathing racial thread. 

7 minutes ago, volperdinger said:

Yes, that’s all. Robert Mueller was appointed to oversee the investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. Which of the aforementioned process crimes are pertinent again? Take a pill grandma. 

It is not over till the fat lady sings. 

I must admit a certain level of glee at watching this mess unfold, and to be honest, I actually hope that nothing impeachable is found in regards to Russian collusion other than bumbling stupidity on the part of Trump and his advisors. 

The best outcome is for Trump to stay in office the full 4 years, flailing like a clown, only to be routed out of office along with the rest of the craven Republican majority in both houses.