Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
franksykes

Mets SP Harvey

21 posts in this topic

Is he any good still? If we are trying to trade for him he must be on the downside of his career

The word is he is damaged goods, hence why the Orioles are interested. They have no talent evaluation worth a darn.

This tells me there is little hope they will do the right thing and trade away pieces.

The only way I take Harvey is if they take a Trumbo or O'Day and a minor prospect. His value is low. Worth a gamble I guess, but not if you give up anything of real value.

Edited by dshawg1

Harvey or Cobb seem like reasonable risks given the state of the O's rotation. But not both.

Harvey for Brach or Harvey for Profar, that's what's being reported. The funny thing is, the Mets want more than just Profar for Harvey, and the Rangers want more than just Harvey for Profar. Neither GM seems to have an objective view of the player they're trying to move. Garbage in, garbage out.   

2 minutes ago, EnochRoot said:

Harvey or Cobb seem like reasonable risks given the state of the O's rotation. But not both.

Cobb isn't coming here, the Cubs want him. They have the money, they can offer a legit chance at a ring, and they have his former manager. Cobb to Baltimore would be a huge shocker.

1 minute ago, weird-O said:

Harvey for Brach or Harvey for Profar, that's what's being reported. The funny thing is, the Mets want more than just Profar for Harvey, and the Rangers want more than just Harvey for Profar. Neither GM seems to have an objective view of the player they're trying to move. Garbage in, garbage out.   

I’d move Brach for Harvey 

1 minute ago, weird-O said:

Cobb isn't coming here, the Cubs want him. They have the money, they can offer a legit chance at a ring, and they have his former manager. Cobb to Baltimore would be a huge shocker.

Thoughts on Lance Lynn? 

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

I’d move Brach for Harvey 

Me too. For all the risk and potential for him to flame out in the AL east, starting pitching is still a bigger need for the O's. 

Thoughts on Lance Lynn? 

Aside from the usual concerns that accompany a career NLc pitcher coming to the ALe, he's right in the O's wheelhouse. He isn't going to inspire any O's fans to jump for joy. But he seems like an upgrade. 

3 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Me too. For all the risk and potential for him to flame out in the AL east, starting pitching is still a bigger need for the O's. 

Harvey looks like a huge risk, but this looks like one of the very few chances for the O's to get a starter.  All the decent FA pitchers are out of their price range.  The Chatwood deal really drove the price way up.  Also, Brach's value took a hit this year.  He melted way too many times when runners got on and the situation was tight.  Yeah make the deal.

3 minutes ago, weird-O said:

Aside from the usual concerns that accompany a career NLc pitcher coming to the ALe, he's right in the O's wheelhouse. He isn't going to inspire any O's fans to jump for joy. But he seems like an upgrade. 

He is way out of the O's price range.  Jim Duquette thinks he'll get 80mil.  Yes, he would be a nice number 3 starter innings eater.  But for the O's you would have to pay him as a number 1.  And DD has said he wont recommend any deals 4 years or longer.  Lynn should get a 4 year deal easy.

5 minutes ago, weird-O said:

If I'm Duquette, I go full bore on acquiring him. He'd amount to a solid #3 in Baltimore. I mean, while it's plain as day the O's need significant improvement out of their 1 and 2 arms, you still need a decent innings eater in the middle of your rotation so that your pen isn't on fumes once the backend rolls around. 

If I'm Duquette (part deux): I dangle Britton and Brach for the Pirates' Gerrit Cole. 

If I'm Duquette, I go full bore on acquiring him. He'd amount to a solid #3 in Baltimore. I mean, while it's plain as day the O's need significant improvement out of their 1 and 2 arms, you still need a decent innings eater in the middle of your rotation so that your pen isn't on fumes once the backend rolls around. 

If I'm Duquette (part deux): I dangle Britton and Brach for the Pirates' Gerrit Cole. 

I'd trade both Britton and Brach in separate deals to try and get starting pitching.  Unfortunately, both Britton and Brach aren't worth what we thing they are.  Arizona supposedly is desperate for late inning lock down relievers, but are looking at not upping their payroll.  They have starter LH Patrick Corbin supposedly available.  Mid rotaion guy who would be way better than Miley.

28 minutes ago, EnochRoot said:

Cole would be a nice addition. As a top of the rotation starter, I'd be much more comfortable with the idea that he could handle the division. But with 3 years of team control left on his contract, he's going to command a big return to Pitt. The O's just don't have the chips, and wouldn't trade them, if they did. 

This thread is killing my spirit, on every level, all I see is an inept organization -_-

Edited by weird-O

19 minutes ago, CROUSEMAN said:

I'd trade both Britton and Brach in separate deals to try and get starting pitching.  Unfortunately, both Britton and Brach aren't worth what we thing they are.  Arizona supposedly is desperate for late inning lock down relievers, but are looking at not upping their payroll.  They have starter LH Patrick Corbin supposedly available.  Mid rotaion guy who would be way better than Miley.

Flip one of them and Machado to AZ for Taijuan Walker and Jake Lamb. ;)

Just now, weird-O said:

Cole would be a nice addition. As a top of the rotation starter, I'd be much more comfortable with the idea that he could handle the division. But with 3 years of team control left on his contract, he's going to command a big return to Pitt. The O's just don't have the chips, and wouldn't trade them, if they did. 

This thread is killing my spirit, on every level, all I see is an inept organization -_-

Cole is an FA after the '19 season. Two years of control. 

1 minute ago, EnochRoot said:

Flip one of them and Machado to AZ for Taijuan Walker and Jake Lamb. ;)

I'm not very confident in Walker. His star seems to have already begun to dim. The Mariners basically gave him away. Prior to that deal, he was untouchable. They turned down better packages than AZ gave them. Then he was suddenly shipped off. Something's going on there.

I have no real facts to base this on but I feel like Harvey spent too much time partying in NYC with celebrities and models and not enough time putting in work.  Maybe getting him out of NYC will help with that.