dshawg1

Sounds like DD is more willing to trade Manny suddenly...

255 posts in this topic

I don't believe they mean to move Manny during the offseason. I tend to suspect that if this was going to happen it would have during the Winter Meetings, just because it would have huge implications for both teams. Each would need to do the rest of the offseason work around the results of that deal. If they move Manny it will be ahead of the deadline, if they can find a team that feels he's the missing piece they need to make the Series. More likely, Angelos will hold out hope he'll accept a deep hometown discount and he'll walk. We'll hear that an offer was made but not the specifics. And they will get essentially nothing. We fans have to remember that Manny was here for a few enjoyable years, and with an owner like Peter Angelos, a whiff of greatness is all we're ever going to get.

34 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

I don't believe they mean to move Manny during the offseason. I tend to suspect that if this was going to happen it would have during the Winter Meetings, just because it would have huge implications for both teams. Each would need to do the rest of the offseason work around the results of that deal. If they move Manny it will be ahead of the deadline, if they can find a team that feels he's the missing piece they need to make the Series. More likely, Angelos will hold out hope he'll accept a deep hometown discount and he'll walk. We'll hear that an offer was made but not the specifics. And they will get essentially nothing. We fans have to remember that Manny was here for a few enjoyable years, and with an owner like Peter Angelos, a whiff of greatness is all we're ever going to get.

Angelos has always given the impression that he believes OPACY is the greatest place to play, and the honor to do so comes at a cost. That cost is, you must be willing to accept less money. So yes, I absolutely believe he is delusional enough the think that Manny will stay for a fraction of his possible earning potential.

2 hours ago, weird-O said:

Angelos has always given the impression that he believes OPACY is the greatest place to play, and the honor to do so comes at a cost. That cost is, you must be willing to accept less money. So yes, I absolutely believe he is delusional enough the think that Manny will stay for a fraction of his possible earning potential.

And it's a pretty sweet place for hitters. Less so for pitchers. And when it was built it marked a new era in ballpark design. But now it is hardly unique. If Angelos believes that he's laboring under a delusion. ;)

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, Evil Yoda said:

You are probably right, but geez the Yanks supposedly are back in the bidding for Manny right after the Red Sox came calling again.  That's no coincidence.  Someone has to get it through Pete's think skull Manny isn't taking a discount and that there is a 90 plus percent chance the offers n July will not be as good as before the season starts.  What better way to get max value than have the Red Sox and Yanks bidding against each other.  The Yanks have the young MLB ready pitching for sure with guys like Montgomery and Chance Adams plus a third basemen in Andujar that's close to ready.  Red Sox have Boeggerts, Bradley and Erod that are all expendable to them but are young MLB proven players.

I'd take the Yanks guys for sure, way more upside.