Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evil Yoda

The Blank Box! (if you have "porch shoppers")

6 posts in this topic

Tired of people shopping for their Christmas presents on your porch? This guy might have the answer. He's devised a fake box large enough to lure in "porch shoppers". Inside is a device that fires a blank shell when they pick up the box, scaring them. I haven't tried the device, so I can't speak to its effectiveness. But if you have the problem, maybe a good scare will deter the thieves from picking your house! :)

Edited by Evil Yoda

Other things I've read abt is people putting in a Dog Turd or maybe even something more Personal in a box on the porch. Problem is then they might come back for Revenge. Guess then you may have to blow them away on your Property. That could be even More of a Problem.

Edited by Bartman

We've had the problem in our neighborhood the last couple of years, despite it being one of the nicer ones in Frederick.  It's mostly tweakers that people have seen doing it(caught on video).  I think it's become more organized as of late.  Heck I'm tempted to just put one out there and sit by the window and wait for one of the effers to just try.  Would love to see the look on their face when I come out of the door with a baseball bat.  Maybe the word will spread then to stop this crap.

I haven't heard much concerning porch shoppers in this next of the woods. Theft from auto is a regular occurrence though... one would think everyone locks their car doors. 😳

After losing 2-3 deliveries a couple years ago, I have anything I might order off the 'net delivered to my secure work address. Now stuff just comes to my office, No Problemo!

Many years ago there was a trash strike and stuff wasn't being picked up.

People took to wrapping their garbage up like a present and leaving it in the back seat of their unlocked cars.

Brilliant.