Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Struds

Britton Injured

30 posts in this topic

I heard that the Astros were offering a poor return. But there were other landing spots; they surely weren't the only buyer. I also heard that Buck whispered in Peter's ear that he couldn't afford to lose ZB, and that would have been enough to scuttle the trade.

I think Peter and Dan have a dysfunctional relationship and have had since Peter rolled a grenade into Dan's chance at a good promotion.

47 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

I heard that the Astros were offering a poor return. But there were other landing spots; they surely weren't the only buyer. I also heard that Buck whispered in Peter's ear that he couldn't afford to lose ZB, and that would have been enough to scuttle the trade.

I think Peter and Dan have a dysfunctional relationship and have had since Peter rolled a grenade into Dan's chance at a good promotion.

The market determines what a player is worth.  The market said that ZB was under performing and twice injured so he wasn't worth a big package.  The O's thought otherwise and sucked it down the stretch throwing in the towel and came away with zero, zippo, nada.  The market said the O's are idiots.  The market was right and the O's wrong as usual.  Just like whats going to happen in the manny deal.  Hold on to these guys and ride them right to the bottom of the ocean Peter.  Pucker up buttercup and pay ZB 10 mil this year for having a cast on his ankle, LOL!!!!!

On 12/20/2017 at 0:21 PM, mdrunning said:

To you, I realize that this is another indication of Duquette's incompetence. Maybe the Orioles should have dealt him after 2016 when his trade value was at its absolute peak (although I seriously doubt Angelos would have signed off on such a move). Suppose, however, that if the Orioles had traded Britton, what if Givens or Brach or someone else in the bullpen had blown out their elbow or torn their Achilles? Would that somehow "prove" Britton shouldn't have been traded since the Orioles obviously had no contingency "plan" to cover such a situation? 

Since he wasn't traded after the 2016 season, maybe Britton should have been dealt at the deadline last year, even though the Orioles would have been selling low. But a fluke offseason injury doesn't reinforce either argument.

Hindsight is 20-20. The time to trade Britton was last year, during Baltimore’s “last place” run. Now, Big Dan has no chess moves.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:44 PM, Thirteen said:

Just in time for the Second Wild Card Chase!  Yay!

Jimmy Hunter always gets excited about that 2nd Wild Card spot...

22 minutes ago, pitbull said:

The time to trade Britton was last year, during Baltimore’s “last place” run. Now, Big Dan has no chess moves.

I sometimes get the impression the Orioles are playing checkers when everyone else is playing chess.