KeepItReal

Gilman Football Coach

236 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

Word on new football coach at Gilman?   Anyone?

Nope. Think they will announce after new year. 

Clarification needed...

Brady was point blanked asked about the Gilman job opening this week and flat out denied that he applied.  He said the last time he spoke to Gilman was in the summer before taking Ryken job.

4 hours ago, wealthyindustrialist said:

Clarification needed...

Brady was point blanked asked about the Gilman job opening this week and flat out denied that he applied.  He said the last time he spoke to Gilman was in the summer before taking Ryken job.

He lied. 

50 minutes ago, wealthyindustrialist said:

Interesting...is it MSJ's job to lose?

Stay tuned.... we will find out very soon. 

47 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Well now this could bw an interesting announcement......

It’s going to be a pretty big announcement. Nobody will catch SFA until they decide to jump ship, but Gilman is going to be TOUGH! 

36 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

It’s going to be a pretty big announcement. Nobody will catch SFA until they decide to jump ship, but Gilman is going to be TOUGH! 

Im curious to see if what he was sold will actually come to fruition especially with the Dons actions...

1 hour ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Im curious to see if what he was sold will actually come to fruition especially with the Dons actions...

Gilman doesn’t have to sell anybody on them, you should be asking what he, or anybody who applied for the job, is selling. They’re the one who applied and wants to be hired. 

8 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman doesn’t have to sell anybody on them, you should be asking what he, or anybody who applied for the job, is selling. They’re the one who applied and wants to be hired. 

This candidate asked for specific things and was told they would be allowed to happen 

Im curious to see if thats indeed going to be tjw case especially when a fellow school bailed and cited another schools practices 

Anyway if he accepts which im hearing he would 

Congrats 

17 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

This candidate asked for specific things and was told they would be allowed to happen 

Im curious to see if thats indeed going to be tjw case especially when a fellow school bailed and cited another schools practices 

Anyway if he accepts which im hearing he would 

Congrats 

I am wondering will he bring his staff from his previous school.

Does it really matter who the coach is at Gilman? Or at any of the MIAA schools? Unless Biff goes broke or changes his priorities they're all battling for second place.

9 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

To deal with the pompous obnoxious Roland romper room set, so much bullshyte is sold by the truck loads to be part of the dawg pound.  Maybe that's why Gilman had to entertain a very short term interim coach I recall you said was one of the best X's and O's guys in the business; that is, until he had to X and O.  Don't trip too much about folks applying for the GIlman coaching job "...wanting to be hired..."  Post a job for a crash dummy and many will apply.  That is essentially what Gilman is doing NoHuddleNoMercy....

20 minutes ago, Impartialfan said:

Does it really matter who the coach is at Gilman? Or at any of the MIAA schools? Unless Biff goes broke or changes his priorities they're all battling for second place.

It would matter if SFA decides to go independent....

SFA independent, Loyola independent...   Why even have the Bush Conference!

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I am wondering will he bring his staff from his previous school.

Sho from my sources that coach is staying put 

Stay tuned 

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

SFA independent, Loyola independent...   Why even have the Bush Conference!

If I’m at SFA I don’t leave the MIAA willingly.  I’d let the “white flight” speak for itself.  Let the city of Baltimore, state of MD and the rest of country the see how these catholic and private institutions deal with adversity & diversity.  #TrueColorsShiningThrough

20 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

If I’m at SFA I don’t leave the MIAA willingly.  I’d let the “white flight” speak for itself.  Let the city of Baltimore, state of MD and the rest of country the see how these catholic and private institutions deal with adversity & diversity.  #TrueColorsShiningThrough

SFA ain't leaving willingly, that's ALL MIAA pompus-talk of the McDeesNuts EagleInsider ilk still ticked over that 2014  / 8 - 3 loss and now going down to Pookie and them 4 straight.

So tell me, was CHC-Wise a one or two-year deal.  I vamp would like to see a repeat but at CHC the next time.

30 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

So let me ask you something brother what's your thoughts on the school tossing aside a black head coach for a white guy with money to place who he wants and run the show?  Baltimore city and the state of MD didn't have any issue with that you know cause the whole city and school staff will sellout for $$$.

Good point DJ88.  Money seems to trump all things in this world.  The almighty Poggi has the power to pick and choose which “black folk” he feel liking saving.  Even if those boys replacing true Baltimore city kids.  Shoot, hell even house and feed them Richmond boys as long as dey pla da good ball. But you Baltimore brothers run along now.  You ain’t worth saving no more.

I've talked to Messay, he didn't mind at all. In fact, he was happy it happened.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-st-frances-football-0809-20160808-story.html

[Hailemariam said he believes Russell and his staff can bring the stability to the program that he was unable to, in part because he could not pay his coaching staff and that led to significant turnover. He also said it doesn't matter that most Gilman coaches are white and do not come from the same background of many of the Panthers, who are almost all African American.]