KeepItReal

Gilman Football Coach

442 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, gillytech said:

That was a great game.

Yep....  Wanna see it again?   I think that was the game the UMD coach was on the sideline and offered Cockerille.

Posted (edited)

On 2/2/2018 at 9:04 AM, Bully said:

I guess MOP and all the other “know it alls” actually don’t know much at all.  Holzer working hard and lots of good recruits and transfers I here coming to MSJ.  Gael nation.  

Love to hear about all of the recruits and transfers coming in. Nothing like LOTS of good transfers to bolster the ranks. 

Edited by themamba

1 minute ago, themamba said:

Love to hear about all of the recruits and transfers coming in. Nothing like LOTS of good transfers to bolster the ranks. 

But its different 😂

3 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

But its different 😂

LMAOoooo! What a bunch of ****ing idiots.

Yes you really are an idiot Mommas Boy.  “ Lots of good recruits “ (8th graders) and first part of sentence.  “ and transfers “ (2nd part of sentence).  It’s been discussed thoroughly that no one has a problem with transfers.  People have a problem with 20 transfers a year and poaching other high school players.  Man you are dense.  But you are a sheep.  Just follow the herd and continue to not think for yourself.  I’m sure next you will post that this is all because the MIAA are racists.  That’s narrative rolling out of SFA and Baltimore Sun.  

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Bully said:

Yes you really are an idiot Mommas Boy.  “ Lots of good recruits “ (8th graders) and first part of sentence.  “ and transfers “ (2nd part of sentence).  It’s been discussed thoroughly that no one has a problem with transfers.  People have a problem with 20 transfers a year and poaching other high school players.  Man you are dense.  But you are a sheep.  Just follow the herd and continue to not think for yourself.  I’m sure next you will post that this is all because the MIAA are racists.  That’s narrative rolling out of SFA and Baltimore Sun.  

I wouldn't call it a herd, though if I were in the weak position you are in that it could look intimidating.

Its really only like 8-1 in favor of it being a ***** move for forfeiting and quitting, when you take in social media,, talk show radio, players and parents of the teams that are quitting, and other coaches I talk to. That staff is getting hammered across the state among its peers.

Everybody understands the hypocrisy behind the renegade decisions being made by these three schools. Just about the entire board called Holzer a liar for even mentioning anything about safety. Not a good look.

I've asked for months for someone to name a 20 year old or 5th year player on this team. If they have one, sanction them, suspend them, dismiss them. If not, just sit in the corner and STFU.

You bring up race, and I guess I'd have to say I agree with you that it may play a role, when you consider this silly "let's kick them out, we'll never win, may not score' argument has devolved into too many recruits, too many good players, a coach's ego, and the funniest of all, talking to public school players. Because everyone knows everyone does that.

You feel victimized, its clear. You may want to go search somewhere else for sympathy and pity. This isn't the place for that.

Edited by themamba

That makes total sense MB.  I’m sure you believe CNN as well.  Have you thought about this ding dong.  Every school in MIAA is dropping SFA, IMG dropped them, Dematha is refusing to play them.  It’s not coincidence that all teams are making example out of Poggi and SFA.  MSJ and other schools have full schedule and more top teams calling to schedule games.  You really have no clue what you are talking about.  Holzer is one of the most respected coaches in the state.  His character and mission is true.  Not this made-up TV personality that you seem to flock too.  Sheeeeepppp.  Baahhhhh

1 hour ago, themamba said:

👀 hypocrisy 

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

👀 hypocrisy 

From the mouths of clowns.

Edited by themamba

On 6/5/2018 at 4:37 PM, Bully said:

That makes total sense MB.  I’m sure you believe CNN as well.  Have you thought about this ding dong.  Every school in MIAA is dropping SFA, IMG dropped them, Dematha is refusing to play them.  It’s not coincidence that all teams are making example out of Poggi and SFA.  MSJ and other schools have full schedule and more top teams calling to schedule games.  You really have no clue what you are talking about.  Holzer is one of the most respected coaches in the state.  His character and mission is true.  Not this made-up TV personality that you seem to flock too.  Sheeeeepppp.  Baahhhhh

You lost all credibility when you brought CNN into this argument intimating that you are a Faux News man.  It makes sense, though.  From the beginning I thought that MOST, if not all of the SFA critics, sounded like social conservatives on this topic.  You’d think that SFA football was Medicaid, food stamps or Social Security the way y’all wanted SFA football cut off from the rest of the league.  I hope that black families in the city and metro areas start sending their kids to City public schools and/or SFA.  There are many more avenues to get to college than the Heartless Five.

Sorry to here I lost credibility with you.  That really breaks me up inside considering your a sheep.  Keep following the masses without an original thought in your brain.  It’s clear your an SFA groupie and that’s cool. We all support our teams for different reasons.  But please stop painting SFA as a victim.  They cheated and turned a lot more then just the MIAA against them.  But please tell everyone again that IMG, Dematha, MIAA and about 10 other nationally ranked teams don’t want to deal with SFA because they are racist.  That makes total sense.

Posted (edited)

On 6/8/2018 at 9:01 AM, TheGuru said:

You lost all credibility when you brought CNN into this argument intimating that you are a Faux News man.  It makes sense, though.  From the beginning I thought that MOST, if not all of the SFA critics, sounded like social conservatives on this topic.  You’d think that SFA football was Medicaid, food stamps or Social Security the way y’all wanted SFA football cut off from the rest of the league.  I hope that black families in the city and metro areas start sending their kids to City public schools and/or SFA.  There are many more avenues to get to college than the Heartless Five.

Its actually about using football to get a real education. The Heartless Five as you call them actually educate their students and don't hold themselves out as a Sports Academy. Thank God the Archbishop stepped in and prevailed. Its not about getting into college, its about being well prepared to go to college and excelling once you get there. The pro dream is exactly that.... a fairy tale for almost every kid. In the gambling industry they call folks like the Guru an easy mark. Always betting on the long shot horse rather than betting chalk to show. Get good grades from a good to great college prep program, the rest takes care of itself. The Heartless Five have that as their core mission and leave the nonsense to others.....

Edited by mop

48 minutes ago, mop said:

Its actually about using football to get a real education. The Heartless Five as you call them actually educate their students and don't hold themselves out as a Sports Academy. Thank God the Archbishop stepped in and prevailed. Its not about getting into college, its about being well prepared to go to college and doing well once you get there. The pro dream is exactly that.... a fairy tale for almost every kid. In the gambling industry they call folks like the Guru an easy mark. Always betting on the long shot horse rather than betting chalk to show. Get good grades from a good to great college prep program, the rest takes care of itself. The Heartless Five have that as their core mission and leave the nonsense to others.....

Damn good post Mop 

Posted (edited)

Well said Mop!

Parents are not just paying for the sport. There paying for the private school education first, second the sports platform the school provides. These parents however pissed are not moving their kids because they can't play the #4 team in the nation or because of any backlash or how the public perceives the Heartless Five. If they were chasing the dream in the first place their kid would have been at places built like SFA from the jump.

Edited by hoopsfan2016

22 hours ago, mop said:

Its actually about using football to get a real education. The Heartless Five as you call them actually educate their students and don't hold themselves out as a Sports Academy. Thank God the Archbishop stepped in and prevailed. Its not about getting into college, its about being well prepared to go to college and excelling once you get there. The pro dream is exactly that.... a fairy tale for almost every kid. In the gambling industry they call folks like the Guru an easy mark. Always betting on the long shot horse rather than betting chalk to show. Get good grades from a good to great college prep program, the rest takes care of itself. The Heartless Five have that as their core mission and leave the nonsense to others.....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-rr-coachesperspective-20180611-story.html

I think coach Brune hits it on the head. I think what has happened is a gradual drift to running over the rules finally ran into a wall, and stricter enforcement of both the letter and spirit of the rules will be in the MIAA's future. I think it will be across the board. 

3 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Nice read MOP 

I have to ask however why the insistence on a level playing field now and why not have it across the board?

Exactly 

2 hours ago, sparky1 said:

I think coach Brune hits it on the head. I think what has happened is a gradual drift to running over the rules finally ran into a wall, and stricter enforcement of both the letter and spirit of the rules will be in the MIAA's future. I think it will be across the board. 

Sparky 

Agree Coach made some great points but why now and what changes?

if the goal is to make all equal then what will be done to achieve that for example

tuition

athletics 

education

etc

11 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Sparky 

Agree Coach made some great points but why now and what changes?

if the goal is to make all equal then what will be done to achieve that for example

tuition

athletics 

education

etc

Life isn't fair. No such thing in life as an even playing field. I hate when people say that. 

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Life isn't fair. No such thing in life as an even playing field. I hate when people say that. 

It is true that life isn't fair.  But that shouldn't stop us from trying to make it as fair as possible, ie. leveling the playing field.

Edited by nomad974

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, nomad974 said:

It is true that life isn't fair.  But that shouldn't stop us from trying to make it as fair as possible, ie. leveling the playing field.

I don't think SFA played on a level playing field per se, but wouldn't have kicked them out if they did not break rules(not saying they did not). 

Let me ask you this question, where does it stop? There can be an argument that CHC, Spalding and MSJ doesn't play on level playing fields with Gilman and McDonogh. Because they have way more boys to choose from. But you will never hear Gilman and McD cry about this. It's life, just compete. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

GA 

You may hate it but thats what your league is promoting 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I don't think SFA played on a level playing field per se, but wouldn't have kicked them out if they did not break rules(not saying they did not). 

Let me ask you this question, where does it stop? Their can be an argument that CHC, Spalding and MSJ doesn't play on level playing fields with Gilman and McDonogh. Because they have way more boys to choose from. But you will never hear Gilman and McD cry about this. It's life, just compete. 

But this opens the gates for schools to do so imo