KeepItReal

Gilman Football Coach

442 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, themamba said:

I've talked to Messay, he didn't mind at all. In fact, he was happy it happened.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-st-frances-football-0809-20160808-story.html

[Hailemariam said he believes Russell and his staff can bring the stability to the program that he was unable to, in part because he could not pay his coaching staff and that led to significant turnover. He also said it doesn't matter that most Gilman coaches are white and do not come from the same background of many of the Panthers, who are almost all African American.]

Sigh 

You and your facts

3 minutes ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Sigh 

You and your facts

For some, its a tough thing to swallow. 

I’m sure Mamba believes everything he here’s on the news as well.  Propaganda young fella.    

Why didn’t Poggi keep him on staff?  It’s not like they don’t have 20 coaches already.  What’s one more.

4 minutes ago, Bully said:

I’m sure Mamba believes everything he here’s on the news as well.  Propaganda young fella.    

Like I said, having talked to him a dozen times since the change, its tough thing for you to swallow. It defeats your false narrative. You've shown time and time again you have no idea what you are talking about. You are known as a troll. Troll on.

Russell said he was also pleased to keep former Panthers head coach Messay Hailemariam and three members of his staff.

Sigh

hell ya his *** is fine he gettin a pay check.  he was on some tough times after selling all his ****zz to fund the program.  It was either step down an take this money or hit the bricks.  but of course that doesn't fit the narrative some want to push.  

1 hour ago, DJ88 said:

So let me ask you something brother what's your thoughts on the school tossing aside a black head coach for a white guy with money to place who he wants and run the show?  Baltimore city and the state of MD didn't have any issue with that you know cause the whole city and school staff will sellout for $$$.

Ouch 

Sounds like you da troll Mamba.  Just cause you think it or say it doesn’t make it so.  I bet you actually believe Damascus and Walkersville could beat Dematha too.  It lines up with you poll nonsense logic.  

6 minutes ago, Bully said:

Sounds like you da troll Mamba.  Just cause you think it or say it doesn’t make it so.  I bet you actually believe Damascus and Walkersville could beat Dematha too.  It lines up with you poll nonsense logic.  

Take the L and go back to sleep.

I am enjoying my sleep over holiday break.  Thanks for your concern.  I’ll take my L and hang it over your head.  It’s a more fitting place for it.  When you take a break from playing with your Star War figures please google Poggi, Plank, Governor Hogan, Baltimore City jail.  Things much bigger going on.  And money us behind it all.  Your out of your league youngster.  

2 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

Sho from my sources that coach is staying put 

Stay tuned 

Hold up, you are making no sense! First you say that your sources are saying he will accept the job, now your sources is saying he’s staying put? Only way that any of the finalists for the Gilman job stays put, it’s because they didn’t get the job!

Somebody is Pm’ing you some misinformation. I promise you, the person who’s offered the job, IS TAKING IT! 

1 minute ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hold up, you are making no sense! First you say that your sources are saying he will accept the job, now your sources is saying he’s staying put? Only way that any of the finalists for the Gilman job stays put, it’s because they didn’t get the job!

Somebody is Pm’ing you some misinformation. I promise you, the person who’s offered the job, IS TAKING IT! 

My source said that he and i never said whom he is 

We will see 

Just now, bleedingorangeandblack said:

My source said that he and i never said whom he is 

We will see 

You’re getting bad info, everybody knows that there’s really only three serious candidates for the job, one being the Gilman OC. If they were going that route, they would have announced this a while ago. Really only two, and IMO, one of them holds the edge. Both of those candidates WILL TAKE THE JOB if offered.

Things are getting out, sure some misinformation is being spread, for whatever reason. But no case scenario would either coach not take the job. Reason why they applied. 

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

SFA ain't leaving willingly, that's ALL MIAA pompus-talk of the McDeesNuts EagleInsider ilk still ticked over that 2014  / 8 - 3 loss and now going down to Pookie and them 4 straight.

So tell me, was CHC-Wise a one or two-year deal.  I vamp would like to see a repeat but at CHC the next time.

I’m also hoping for a return engagement.  CHC played Franklin twice.  I’m thinking they’ll play Wise in the rematch in Towson in early September 2018.  I, unlike others on this Board, am nervous when CHC plays highly-ranked public school teams.  However, I’d love to see teams like  Damascus, Linganore, Walkersville, Dunbar and City on the Calvert Hall schedule next season and in the future.

4 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I’m also hoping for a return engagement.  CHC played Franklin twice.  I’m thinking they’ll play Wise in the rematch in Towson in early September 2018.  I, unlike others on this Board, am nervous when CHC plays highly-ranked public school teams.  However, I’d love to see teams like  Damascus, Linganore, Walkersville, Dunbar and City on the Calvert Hall schedule next season and in the future.

Guru,

Why you get nervous when CHC plays highly ranked public school?

Because it’s not a given that CHC will always win.  Not when they don’t have a QB like Tommy Stuart or Kenji Bahar.  The last two  QBs have been turnover machines against quality competition.

Maybe new AD Wrenn puts together a dream team coaching staff: Blake Henry and Brant Hall. Both proven winners and HCs, also accomplished at the coordinator position.

4 hours ago, Bully said:

..... I bet you actually believe Damascus and Walkersville could beat Dematha too......

ANYONE can be beat bullyshyte.  I bet you actually think it's impossible for Damascus and Walkerville to beat DeMatha....   :P

So so so many would NOT have thought DeM would be in the bottom half of the WHACK this year yet they were and with a losing league record that ran off BigDroop and caused the DC Sniper to put his tail twix his legs like his main dawg here NoHuddleNoMercy-GA....

13 minutes ago, mop said:

Maybe new AD Wrenn puts together a dream team coaching staff: Blake Henry and Brant Hall. Both proven winners and HCs, also accomplished at the coordinator position.

Wrenn isn’t the AD, he’s the assistant AD. Neither of those guys are in The conversation, not as a Head Coach. 

I'm shocked John Gruden hasn't been begging for the Gilman job...apparently it's the best football coaching job in the world.

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Wrenn isn’t the AD, he’s the assistant AD. Neither of those guys are in The conversation, not as a Head Coach. 

I'll take a bet on assertion A being a de facto with assertion B being pure conjecture as Henry is out in force fishing for a new job in Bmore. Lots of movement in the MIAA with folks retiring. This is a bit of dominos. Limited supply of AD and HC candidates with vacancies left by the winners. Who aside from a benevolent alum would want the LB AD job now that every decision has been made for him or her? 

29 minutes ago, mop said:

I'll take a bet on assertion A being a de facto with assertion B being pure conjecture as Henry is out in force fishing for a new job in Bmore. Lots of movement in the MIAA with folks retiring. This is a bit of dominos. Limited supply of AD and HC candidates with vacancies left by the winners. Who aside from a benevolent alum would want the LB AD job now that every decision has been made for him or her? 

Holley is only what, 58? He’s not retiring as AD soon. He has a cushy situation. He hasn’t paid for a house or rent in 30 plus years, he has just stacked money. When will take it over in like 5 years. 

I know Henry has been lurking around, but my understanding, Gilman doesn’t have him high on their list. 

So now we’re calling Dom eventual firing as a retirement now? 

38 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

So now we’re calling Dom eventual firing as a retirement now? 

Maybe that's why Gilman is delaying hiring a coach, they want Dom......  :o