KeepItReal

Gilman Football Coach

442 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Holley is only what, 58? He’s not retiring as AD soon. He has a cushy situation. He hasn’t paid for a house or rent in 30 plus years, he has just stacked money. When will take it over in like 5 years. 

I know Henry has been lurking around, but my understanding, Gilman doesn’t have him high on their list. 

So now we’re calling Dom eventual firing as a retirement now? 

I truly believe Holley is vacating his A.D. position as well. He'll stay at Gilman in some capacity possibly fund raising.

4 hours ago, Mr.Stein said:

I truly believe Holley is vacating his A.D. position as well. He'll stay at Gilman in some capacity possibly fund raising.

GA

LOL, based on Mr. Stein's post, its sounds like you're among the last to know among your fellow Gilminites. Just like your prognostications regarding the MCD staff, you're completely "out in the cold" and dead wrong with your stock picks. Please stick to picking up seashells from the Pacific and leave Bmore football to the adults on the forum. 

Edited by mop

19 minutes ago, mop said:

GA

LOL, based on Mr. Stein's post, its sounds like you're among the last to know among your fellow Gilminites. Just like your prognostications regarding the MCD staff, you're completely "out in the cold" and dead wrong with your stock picks. Please stick to picking up seashells from the Pacific and leave Bmore football to the adults on the forum. 

I would actually be VERY HAPPY IF WRENN IS NAMED AD! Because, it would all but sure up who the new Head Coach will be, he’s also a Biff product! So, he’s going to run the program differently. 

I hope Dom stays put, he is a chronic underachiever. 

25 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I would actually be VERY HAPPY IF WRENN IS NAMED AD! Because, it would all but sure up who the new Head Coach will be, he’s also a Biff product! So, he’s going to run the program differently. 

I hope Dom stays put, he is a chronic underachiever. 

To recap you admitted you were wrong on two counts. Let's go for three. Dom won in 2013, 2014 and 2016. That's 3 out of the last 5 and aside from 2017, he plain out coached the Gilman staff. Just saying. 

15 minutes ago, mop said:

To recap you admitted you were wrong on two counts. Let's go for three. Dom won in 2013, 2014 and 2016. That's 3 out of the last 5 and aside from 2017, he plain out coached the Gilman staff. Just saying. 

Dom won what in 2016? He beat Gilman, McD has beaten much better Gilman teams, with much worse McD teams. That’s called a rivalry. 

Dom has ONE OUTRIGHT Championship to his name! With the money and recruiting they do, that’s ATROCIOUS!!! Perpetual underachieving program, that also don’t get many kids into college for free. 

I’m not wrong about either right now, I hope I’m wrong about both. Wrenn, would be the greatest thing for Gilman Football to have as an AD. Poggi disciple, Baltimore footballl royalty, coached in Football crazed Georgia, not sure if it gets better for the program. 

You have to realize, McD is done. Gilman is making serious moves, and as I told you before, the “demise” of the program, wasn't going to happen. Football means too much at the school. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

1 hour ago, mop said:

GA

Lmao

4 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Dom won what in 2016? He beat Gilman, McD has beaten much better Gilman teams, with much worse McD teams. That’s called a rivalry. 

Dom has ONE OUTRIGHT Championship to his name! With the money and recruiting they do, that’s ATROCIOUS!!! Perpetual underachieving program, that also don’t get many kids into college for free. 

I’m not wrong about either right now, I hope I’m wrong about both. Wrenn, would be the greatest thing for Gilman Football to have as an AD. Poggi disciple, Baltimore footballl royalty, coached in Football crazed Georgia, not sure if it gets better for the program. 

You have to realize, McD is done. Gilman is making serious moves, and as I told you before, the “demise” of the program, wasn't going to happen. Football means too much at the school. 

G, 

Relax, Global Warming, The Economy, World Peace, all more important than the all consuming, Gilman is making big moves, McDonough is evil rant. It's High School Football. 

Serious moves, Royalty, Did Dom do something to you? I don't know him and excuse me if I'm wrong didn't both schools recruit a lot? Nothing to lose sleep over. The Greatest thing? In the grand scheme of things we can all just look back at the record books. The one play I do have trouble forgetting is that 10 Man defense. Not trying to stir the pot but that unfortunately is hard to forget. 

We got BBALL now. How bout Bob Wade as a football coach? Not sure how old he is but he knows the game. Do the hounds have any big out of conference bball games coming up? 

22 hours ago, Impartialfan said:

I'm shocked John Gruden hasn't been begging for the Gilman job...apparently it's the best football coaching job in the world.

Gruden talked to Gilman and the money was good but just didn't want that much pressure. Worse than the Tennessee college job. Unreal expectations by some of the fan base who think it's really more than it is. It's extremely prestigious. Inc Magazine just listed it above the Dali Lama as the 4th most prestigious job in the world. Jeff Fisher ex Rams coach is available. 

On 12/26/2017 at 10:54 AM, themamba said:

I've talked to Messay, he didn't mind at all. In fact, he was happy it happened.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-st-frances-football-0809-20160808-story.html

[Hailemariam said he believes Russell and his staff can bring the stability to the program that he was unable to, in part because he could not pay his coaching staff and that led to significant turnover. He also said it doesn't matter that most Gilman coaches are white and do not come from the same background of many of the Panthers, who are almost all African American.]

Words of the typical black man that has been brought or sold out l

Out of curiosity what other head coach in the state of MD pay their staff personally?  

5 minutes ago, DJ88 said:

Out of curiosity what other head coach in the state of MD pay their staff personally?  

Most guys don't think he is head coach anymore

5 hours ago, jbmad said:

Most guys don't think he is head coach anymore

Ya I hear ya but he was co-coach of the week and ESPN interviewed him without the other guy.  Besides all that I don't any other head coach that pays for the staff out of their own pocket.  

36 minutes ago, DJ88 said:

Ya I hear ya but he was co-coach of the week and ESPN interviewed him without the other guy.  Besides all that I don't any other head coach that pays for the staff out of their own pocket.  

Or housing, food and tuition for players. But you know 18, 16 or 11 were homeless before the new staff got there. But what about the one that he didn't save that ended up at Long Reach?Hmmm

2 hours ago, jbmad said:

Or housing, food and tuition for players. But you know 18, 16 or 11 were homeless before the new staff got there. But what about the one that he didn't save that ended up at Long Reach?Hmmm

I think that kid was ineligible when he came to them, and might have dropped out.

55 minutes ago, ECF said:

I think that kid was ineligible when he came to them, and might have dropped out.

What school did he come from?  So you're telling me because he couldn't play football he wasn't worth helping?  That paints an even worse picture.  

2 hours ago, ECF said:

No sir that kid was already at SFA played for them the year before the new crew. Wasn't in their plans so bye bye 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, jbmad said:

No sir that kid was already at SFA played for them the year before the new crew. Wasn't in their plans so bye bye 

The kid was ineligible when he came to Long Reach from SFA for his senior year. Guess they couldn’t reclassify the kid to at least help him out. 

Edited by ECF
Update

1 hour ago, ECF said:

The kid was ineligible when he came to Long Reach from SFA for his senior year. Guess they couldn’t reclassify the kid to at least help him out. 

from what I heard they didn't care to help him out. Just like the kids who were there last year that ended up at another school this year. Pushed out from what I was told

24 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

Word is MSJ coach is staying at MSJ. 

Where did u get that word

40 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

Can't say.  So of course that means I'm a BSer.  My source could be completely wrong, so take it with a huge grain of salt.  I guess until Gilman announces something we won't know for sure.

No I was just wondering if something had leaked out. I don't believe anything until it happens

1 hour ago, KeepItReal said:

Can't say.  So of course that means I'm a BSer.  My source could be completely wrong, so take it with a huge grain of salt.  I guess until Gilman announces something we won't know for sure.

I don’t think anybody knows anything until it happens. I think, whoever is offered the job, will take it. Maybe, Gilman has told potential candidates that they have made a decision, and that they weren’t hired. 

I haven’t heard jack. 

On 12/26/2017 at 1:02 PM, bleedingorangeandblack said:

My source said that he and i never said whom he is 

We will see 

Hold on folks