Evil Yoda

"Papa" John Schnatter stepping down as CEO of his pizza chain

122 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2017 at 3:22 PM, Calamari said:

Nothing, Papi is lying as usual.

That you don't agree with my opinion about something does not equate to "lying". You really need to be careful about calling people liars all the time. It makes you look even more foolish than usual.  

On 12/22/2017 at 3:15 PM, Marshan Man said:

That doesn’t answer the question. I don’t know why she would even ask you a legit question. I guess some posters still think you’re actually reasonable. I know otherwise. 

Some people might think you're reasonable as well. They would be wrong. You're just one of those folks who thinks that "reasonable" means agreeing with you. Maybe you need to get used to a lot of people being "unreasonable" because not everyone is going to agree with you. Or a squid that calls people liars when she dislikes their opinions. :P

3 minutes ago, Papi said:

Some people might think you're reasonable as well. They would be wrong. You're just one of those folks who thinks that "reasonable" means agreeing with you. Maybe you need to get used to a lot of people being "unreasonable" because not everyone is going to agree with you. Or a squid that calls people liars when she dislikes their opinions. :P

One needn't agree with me for me to consider them reasonable. They just need to be rational, and able to explain their opinions. That's something you've demonstrated you cannot do on this very thread. Don't even get me started on the gazillion other examples...

On 12/22/2017 at 3:37 PM, mrsmlh said:

So boycotting games, burning team merchandise was nothing?  Are you saying that right wingers have never tried to silence someone through job loss, legal actions, etc.?   Boy have you become really partisan!

If someone wants to burn their own personal property as some sort of stupid protest against a team let them. If they choose to boycott games that they have already bought season tickets for let them be stupid enough to do that as well. It certainly did not cause the NFL schedule to be disupted. 

From my perspective, I see that right wingers (as you choose to call them) spout off a lot of gripes about things they don't like, but on balance tend to recognize the fact that people are free to say and do things that they don't like - they just like to complain about it. On the other hand, left wingers not only dislike things done and said by people they disagree with, they tend to seek ways to prevent such views from being expressed.

How many liberal speakers have been forced to cancel speeches because of right wingers threatening to disrupt the venue? Compare that to how many conservative events have been cancelled because of threats of disruption by left wingers. Heck, it was only the fortitude of Curt Schmoke that kept Betsy DeVoss on the speaker list at U of B's graduation. If the left wingers had their way she would not have been allowed to speak. 

Is it partisan to observe what goes on and comment on it? If so, then I guess you can call me partisan. 

8 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

One needn't agree with me for me to consider them reasonable. They just need to be rational, and able to explain their opinions. That's something you've demonstrated you cannot do on this very thread. Don't even get me started on the gazillion other examples...

That I don't explain my opinion to YOUR satisfaction is something I should give two hoots and a hollar about? Who died and made you such an important judge of others here? :lol:

12 minutes ago, Papi said:

If someone wants to burn their own personal property as some sort of stupid protest against a team let them. If they choose to boycott games that they have already bought season tickets for let them be stupid enough to do that as well. It certainly did not cause the NFL schedule to be disupted. 

From my perspective, I see that right wingers (as you choose to call them) spout off a lot of gripes about things they don't like, but on balance tend to recognize the fact that people are free to say and do things that they don't like - they just like to complain about it. On the other hand, left wingers not only dislike things done and said by people they disagree with, they tend to seek ways to prevent such views from being expressed.

How many liberal speakers have been forced to cancel speeches because of right wingers threatening to disrupt the venue? Compare that to how many conservative events have been cancelled because of threats of disruption by left wingers. Heck, it was only the fortitude of Curt Schmoke that kept Betsy DeVoss on the speaker list at U of B's graduation. If the left wingers had their way she would not have been allowed to speak. 

Is it partisan to observe what goes on and comment on it? If so, then I guess you can call me partisan. 

Sorry but my observations show me the exact opposite.

32 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Too true.

30 minutes ago, Papi said:

That I don't explain my opinion to YOUR satisfaction is something I should give two hoots and a hollar about? Who died and made you such an important judge of others here? :lol:

You didn't explain it at all. you're just making claims that you can't and/or refuse to back up. You're just like Trump.

Edited by Marshan Man

1 hour ago, Papi said:

This is a highly partisan view. Presidents on both sides of the spectrum have created "free speech zones" a sufficient distance from whatever they're doing that they do not have to hear that speech. The recent attack on net neutrality is entirely right wing, and affects freedom of speech. Texas, as a large scale buyer of text books, routinely uses that power to coerce text book makers into writing their books according to conservative ideas (here's one of many links). Here's an article about right-wing political correctness. And have you forgotten the number of right-wingers boycotting the NFL (or claiming to) because they're not smart enough to realize Trump lied to them about the kneeling protests? That's not only an attempt to suppress speech they don't like, it's one rooted in stupidity! :)

And that's before we even get to the part about how right-wingers want to control what women can do with their bodies. But that's another thread.

You see it this way for the same reason some others see it the opposite way: you're partisan.

Edited by Evil Yoda

7 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

You didn't explain it at all. you're just making claims that you can't and/or refuse to back up. You're just like Trump.

Stop feeding the troll. Common sense escapes him. My uncle once told me common sense is like deodorant; the people that need it the most, never use it.

On 12/26/2017 at 3:23 PM, Calamari said:

Too true.

You would have a hard time recognizing what is "true" if it came up and whipsered in your ear. :lol:

On 12/26/2017 at 3:31 PM, Marshan Man said:

Insults will get you nowhere. I despise Trump. He does not represent conservatives at all. He certainly does not represent me.

But since when does my opinion about any topic represent a "claim" that I need to back up? If you don't like my opinions then ignore me. But don't expect me to write some sort of treatise on every opinion of mine just to satisfy your needs. :P

On 12/26/2017 at 3:41 PM, Evil Yoda said:

This is a highly partisan view. Presidents on both sides of the spectrum have created "free speech zones" a sufficient distance from whatever they're doing that they do not have to hear that speech. The recent attack on net neutrality is entirely right wing, and affects freedom of speech. Texas, as a large scale buyer of text books, routinely uses that power to coerce text book makers into writing their books according to conservative ideas (here's one of many links). Here's an article about right-wing political correctness. And have you forgotten the number of right-wingers boycotting the NFL (or claiming to) because they're not smart enough to realize Trump lied to them about the kneeling protests? That's not only an attempt to suppress speech they don't like, it's one rooted in stupidity! :)

And that's before we even get to the part about how right-wingers want to control what women can do with their bodies. But that's another thread.

You see it this way for the same reason some others see it the opposite way: you're partisan.

Sorry that you are apparently such a partisan liberal that you cannot understand that people boycotting a football game, or a school district being selective about their text books, or any other thing that you mention simply represents people exercising their freedom of association and freedom of speech? That's a far cry from the way some (not all) liberals want to PREVENT conservative idea from even being spoken, or printed, or broadcast, because it "offends" them or invades "their" safe space. It is really sad that you cannot (or refuse to) recognize that key difference. 

PS: The "Alternet" as a source that is unbiased? Really? :D

Edited by Papi

9 minutes ago, Papi said:

You would have a hard time recognizing what is "true" if it came up and whipsered in your ear. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Papi said:

Insults will get you nowhere.

On 12/26/2017 at 3:12 PM, mrsmlh said:

Sorry but my observations show me the exact opposite.

So tell me - how many right wing organizations have prevented a liberal speaker from appearing somewhere? 

Just now, Norman said:

Facts are no insult. Some people........ :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Papi said:

Sorry that you are apparently such a partisan liberal that you cannot understand that people boycotting a football game, or a school district being selective about their text books, or any other thing that you mention simply represents people exercising their freedom of association and freedom of speech? That's a far cry from the way some (not all) liberals want to PREVENT conservative idea from even being spoken, or printed, or broadcast, because it "offends" them or invades "their" safe space. It is really sad that you cannot (or refuse to) recognize that key difference. 

Making up history in textbooks sure sounds like a way to prevent ideas they don't like from being presented.  :rolleyes:

Edited by ivanbalt

30 minutes ago, Papi said:

Insults will get you nowhere.

Facts are no insult. Some people........ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Papi said:

You suggested only left-wingers attempt to prevent views they disagree with from being aired. I showed you how some (not all) conservatives are doing exactly the same thing, debunking your assertion that conservatives limit themselves to "spouting off gripes".

Edited by Evil Yoda

On 12/22/2017 at 6:33 AM, Glengarry said:

I thought the same thing about Colin Kaepernick.

Colin was Black Balled,... not the same thing!

Edited by ericpd

On 12/29/2017 at 9:08 AM, ivanbalt said:

Making up history in textbooks sure sounds like a way to prevent ideas they don't like from being presented.  :rolleyes:

There is plenty of inaccurate history, purveyed by both ends of the political spectrum. There seems to be no such thing as true, accurate history.

Example - Look at the way Johm Brown's actions are described by some people (a true patriot, a freedom fighter, and anti-slavery hero) versus others (a madman, a murderer, a traitor who organized armed insurrection against the government). Which one is correct? In my opinion - NEITHER. Let the facts speak for themselves. He led an anti-slavery insurrection, was caught, convicted, and hanged. Let opinions about his motivations be stripped away from the so-called "history" books and just report the facts. That is the way all history should be reported in my opinion, not with all of the hyperbole of people with a particular view.

That some school districts ignore that and seek "slanted" views of history is bad practice, in my opinion, but it is certainly not limited to conservative areas of Texas. School districts in very blue areas do exactly the same thing. :(

Edited by Papi
typo