Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KeepItReal

MIAA 2018 Football Predictions

54 posts in this topic

MIAA A Conference:

1. Saint Frances - Money in the bank.  Should be playing a national schedule

2. McDonogh - How will they fair without Ellis? 

3. Mount St. Joe - Is the coach leaving?  Can the QB stop throwing INTs?  Other than that this squad is solid.  If the coach leaves they drop two spots.

4. Spalding

5. Calvert Hall 

6. Gilman - If they pick up the St. Joe coach, they move up to number 3.

MIAA B Conference:

1. St. Marys - Old school run the ball.

2. Severn

3. Boys Latin

4. Palloti

5. St Pauls

6. Curley

7. John Carroll

Who you got?

25 minutes ago, KeepItReal said:

MIAA A Conference:

1. Saint Frances - Money in the bank.  Should be playing a national schedule

2. McDonogh - How will they fair without Ellis? 

3. Mount St. Joe - Is the coach leaving?  Can the QB stop throwing INTs?  Other than that this squad is solid.  If the coach leaves they drop two spots.

4. Spalding

5. Calvert Hall 

6. Gilman - If they pick up the St. Joe coach, they move up to number 3.

MIAA B Conference:

1. St. Marys - Old school run the ball.

2. Severn

3. Boys Latin

4. Palloti

5. St Pauls

6. Curley

7. John Carroll

Who you got?

McD? Is this a joke? They lose A LOT and not bringing in much from JV. They also might have a new Head Coach. CHC, also loses A LOT! And you expect them to beat Gilman, both of whom lost to them last year? CHC, TWICE! It will be SFA, then Gilman next year, regardless who the coach will be. MSJ will also be right there. 

Gilman will be getting one of the best coaches in the area, among their finalists. They will also be getting a slew of transfers. 

11 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

McD? Is this a joke? They lose A LOT and not bringing in much from JV. They also might have a new Head Coach. CHC, also loses A LOT! And you expect them to beat Gilman, both of whom lost to them last year? CHC, TWICE! It will be SFA, then Gilman next year, regardless who the coach will be. MSJ will also be right there. 

Gilman will be getting one of the best coaches in the area, among their finalists. They will also be getting a slew of transfers. 

Gilman will be the best, no doubt. Everyone else should just stay home and study....

4 minutes ago, mop said:

Gilman will be the best, no doubt. Everyone else should just stay home and study....

Better than McD, that’s for damn sure! You have been pretty quiet on the rumors of McD going in a different direction, coaching wise. Sure you wish this happened a year earlier. Now that Loyola is out of the league, I think we will see McD going back to its rightful place at the bottom of the league. I say in two years. What say you? 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

What makes you think Saint Mary's will be on top of the B division again? I believe they were pretty senior heavy last year as was Boys Latin. 

I thought on paper this Fall Palloti was heading in the right direction as they have several young "ballers" but they were pretty average this year. 

36 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

.... It will be SFA, then Gilman next year,

Oh, just like it was this year with #2 Gilman not only having a losing record but got beaten like a redheaded freckle faced bowed legged step child by the prison shadow lads nearly 100 to what 7 or something like that in two games.  Gilman need one of those blue light cameras in the stadium when they play SFA.  9-1-1 is the number to call the police next year on Pookie and them.....  :P

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I knew that would tick you off.  Like I said if Gilman gets the coach, they move up to number 3.  Number 2?  Not ready to say that yet.  MCD, yep they have some losses.  Not sure who to put up there at 2 as a preseason favorite.  Which is why I asked the question.

So you think more like this?

1. SFA

2. Gilman

3. Spalding

4.McDonogh

5. Mount Saint Joe

6. Calvert Hall

1 hour ago, Terps22 said:

What makes you think Saint Mary's will be on top of the B division again? I believe they were pretty senior heavy last year as was Boys Latin. 

I thought on paper this Fall Palloti was heading in the right direction as they have several young "ballers" but they were pretty average this year. 

Ok, what do you think then? Order them and why.

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Better than McD, that’s for damn sure! You have been pretty quiet on the rumors of McD going in a different direction, coaching wise. Sure you wish this happened a year earlier. Now that Loyola is out of the league, I think we will see McD going back to its rightful place at the bottom of the league. I say in two years. What say you? 

Yes but MCD can now battle Loyola in robotics and cyber security. More job security in those fields anyway.

1 hour ago, KeepItReal said:

I knew that would tick you off.  Like I said if Gilman gets the coach, they move up to number 3.  Number 2?  Not ready to say that yet.  MCD, yep they have some losses.  Not sure who to put up there at 2 as a preseason favorite.  Which is why I asked the question.

So you think more like this?

1. SFA

2. Gilman

3. Spalding

4.McDonogh

5. Mount Saint Joe

6. Calvert Hall

Would put MSJ ahead of McD as well. 

3 hours ago, Terps22 said:

That was my initial reaction to his St. Marys ranking. I believed that even though they were a very talented team this year, the team was overall very senior heavy. Almost their entire starting offense and defense were seniors. I believe that they return one starter on the line, a sophomore. They did have a very talented sophomore who returned kicks for them this year, it'll be interesting to see them next year.

St. Vincent Pallotti was very good this year, as they proved by beating the league champion St Marys and the runner up Severn. However, incompetent coaching lead them to lose against worse teams they should have beat. I've also heard that Bake Corum (number 1/24) will be transferring out to St Johns Catholic, Dematha or Saint Frances. If these rumors are true, it will be a huge hit for Pallotti as quite literally, he is their entire team. I've also heard that the Coach may be on his way out, as him and the administration don't exactly see eye to eye. If this move happens, I expect Palotti to not be as successful, even drop down to the C conference.

The rest of the B conference is confusing, as there is still a huge mess with transfers, new coaches and quite simply not knowing what team is going to step up.John Carolls head coach is departing the program, leaving an assistant coach with the head coaching position. John Caroll is graduating their starting QB Qadir Ismail (son of Quadry Ismail, he's committing to Villianova) as well as a good number of starting linemen (I suspect about 2-3). John Caroll does return 6'8" right tackle Ben Blessing, who is very talented.  They will be interesting to see next year.

Curley was very senior heavy. They graduate almost every starter on offense and defense. I believe they will be at the bottem of the totem pole this year. They graduate a lot of playmakers such as their QB, their star linemen Stevon Brown (committed to Delaware) and another huge athelete on the team, Daekwon Hall. With not a lot of talent (but a lot of numbers), I do not see them being succesful at all next year.

BL is also one of those teams where they graduate a lot of seniors who are playmakers. The starting QB Branden Crouse (air force commit for lacrosse), one of their very talented running backs Devon Brewer (cornell commit) as well as 4 starters on the line, their are a lot of holes to be filled next year. However, the coaching staff is very good at Boys Latin, and I personally have no doubt that they will be relatively successful next year.

St. Pauls is one of those teams in who I personally have a lot of optimism for going into next year. They return  their starting QB Leo Kelly (very talented pocket passer) as well as one of their running back Princeton Douglas (absolute dog) and another four year starter in Quizzon Tarver (very talented corner/slotback). They do lose some of their starting line, but I believe they will be very talented for next year, just based off of the people they return.

Severn is going to be a team in which I cannot really figure out how good they are going to be. Although they lose their pair of 6'5" wide recievers (Joel Mandish navy commit for lacrosse, may possibly play football and Jake Lilly, Johns Hopkins commit for lacrosse), and three starting linemen, a good part of their offense returns such as their starting QB Craig Stevens and Henry Rentz(navy commit for lacrosse). Because of the schools size (and the teams size: 200 males go to Severn, fields about a 30 man varsity team every year-team;school is smaller then every B and C conference football team), most of the starters on offense start on defense, and this is what killed them in the championship game vs St. Marys. I am very exited for Severn this year, and based off of my knowledge right now, I believe that this team can make some noise, even win the championship game.

Based off of what I know so far, here are my rankings:

1. St Pauls/Severn

2. St Pauls/Severn

3. Boys Latin

4. St. Marys

5. Pallotti

6. John Carroll

7. Archbishop Curley

3 minutes ago, bob12345 said:

And if Loyola does move down to the B conference, I will plug them into my rankings

Where have you been, Loyola is now independent 

1 hour ago, bob12345 said:

That was my initial reaction to his St. Marys ranking. I believed that even though they were a very talented team this year, the team was overall very senior heavy. Almost their entire starting offense and defense were seniors. I believe that they return one starter on the line, a sophomore. They did have a very talented sophomore who returned kicks for them this year, it'll be interesting to see them next year.

St. Vincent Pallotti was very good this year, as they proved by beating the league champion St Marys and the runner up Severn. However, incompetent coaching lead them to lose against worse teams they should have beat. I've also heard that Bake Corum (number 1/24) will be transferring out to St Johns Catholic, Dematha or Saint Frances. If these rumors are true, it will be a huge hit for Pallotti as quite literally, he is their entire team. I've also heard that the Coach may be on his way out, as him and the administration don't exactly see eye to eye. If this move happens, I expect Palotti to not be as successful, even drop down to the C conference.

The rest of the B conference is confusing, as there is still a huge mess with transfers, new coaches and quite simply not knowing what team is going to step up.John Carolls head coach is departing the program, leaving an assistant coach with the head coaching position. John Caroll is graduating their starting QB Qadir Ismail (son of Quadry Ismail, he's committing to Villianova) as well as a good number of starting linemen (I suspect about 2-3). John Caroll does return 6'8" right tackle Ben Blessing, who is very talented.  They will be interesting to see next year.

Curley was very senior heavy. They graduate almost every starter on offense and defense. I believe they will be at the bottem of the totem pole this year. They graduate a lot of playmakers such as their QB, their star linemen Stevon Brown (committed to Delaware) and another huge athelete on the team, Daekwon Hall. With not a lot of talent (but a lot of numbers), I do not see them being succesful at all next year.

BL is also one of those teams where they graduate a lot of seniors who are playmakers. The starting QB Branden Crouse (air force commit for lacrosse), one of their very talented running backs Devon Brewer (cornell commit) as well as 4 starters on the line, their are a lot of holes to be filled next year. However, the coaching staff is very good at Boys Latin, and I personally have no doubt that they will be relatively successful next year.

St. Pauls is one of those teams in who I personally have a lot of optimism for going into next year. They return  their starting QB Leo Kelly (very talented pocket passer) as well as one of their running back Princeton Douglas (absolute dog) and another four year starter in Quizzon Tarver (very talented corner/slotback). They do lose some of their starting line, but I believe they will be very talented for next year, just based off of the people they return.

Severn is going to be a team in which I cannot really figure out how good they are going to be. Although they lose their pair of 6'5" wide recievers (Joel Mandish navy commit for lacrosse, may possibly play football and Jake Lilly, Johns Hopkins commit for lacrosse), and three starting linemen, a good part of their offense returns such as their starting QB Craig Stevens and Henry Rentz(navy commit for lacrosse). Because of the schools size (and the teams size: 200 males go to Severn, fields about a 30 man varsity team every year-team;school is smaller then every B and C conference football team), most of the starters on offense start on defense, and this is what killed them in the championship game vs St. Marys. I am very exited for Severn this year, and based off of my knowledge right now, I believe that this team can make some noise, even win the championship game.

Based off of what I know so far, here are my rankings:

1. St Pauls/Severn

2. St Pauls/Severn

3. Boys Latin

4. St. Marys

5. Pallotti

6. John Carroll

7. Archbishop Curley

Agree with you on Palotti, that program is one step away from being non-existent. Would not be buying stock in them.

BL is always well coached, regardless of the talent they have, Can never count them out.

Was very impressed with Severn’s new coach. Not flashy but very good team last year and I do believe most of their studs were seniors. Numbers are always an issue with their program.

St. Pauls is interesting. They brought is some key transfers last year which made they much better day 1. They had some great games last year and some head scratchers; may have to do with it being a new staff. Heard they are more aggressive with recruiting than in years past, they also have some money, so they could be good for a while.

What will JC be without Rawlings money backing the program? Time will tell, but I’m not optimistic. Their OL, Woody, Berry, and Ismail were all seniors. Have some nice pieces still there but not enough to get them anymore than a win or two in conference. Numbers have also been an issue for them recently.

St. Mary’s was VERY senior heavy last year. Very good coaching. Not sure what they are bringing up from JV but should be middle of the pack at worst.

Curley will be interesting as well, I disagree that they were senior heavy last year. From what I could tell they started 3 freshman consistently and 4 or 5 saw a decent amount of time. QB will once again be an issue for them. They return every skill player on offense and probably half of their defense. I have seen them on the recruiting trail much more than in years past. They may be a year or two away, but I think they can suprise some people.

2 hours ago, jbmad said:

Where have you been, Loyola is now independent 

Tell you MIAA is in trouble.  There were rumbling both from Mcd an Gilman that they weren't going to play SFA again in the playoffs.  Now with Loyola dropping the league might completely fall apart.  Hope it does to because the people that are running are idiots.  

14 minutes ago, DJ88 said:

Tell you MIAA is in trouble.  There were rumbling both from Mcd an Gilman that they weren't going to play SFA again in the playoffs.  Now with Loyola dropping the league might completely fall apart.  Hope it does to because the people that are running are idiots.  

I agree DJ, Lee Dove is a weasel who is in Poggi pockets as well. That dude is petrified to take any action having to do with him

6 hours ago, DJ88 said:

There was NEVER A RUMBLING about Gilman not playing SFA! Not sure who the hell told you that lie!! Gilman was very excited to play them. 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

5 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

There was NEVER A RUMBLING about Gilman not playing SFA! Not sure who the hell told you that lie!! Gilman was very excited to play them. 

GA who was the kid that lost his offer at Indiana and committed to St Francis Univ 

25 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

GA who was the kid that lost his offer at Indiana and committed to St Francis Univ 

That surprised me

2 minutes ago, city40blast said:

That surprised me

He played lights out this year

11 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Terrell Smith played CB. One of the only true Bmore kids

WOW he has a heck of a year 

11 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

WOW he has a heck of a year 

Yea I am shocked. He was a very good DB. That is terrible for the kid but glad he found a landing spot.