Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bartman

Dunkirk & Churchill

6 posts in this topic

Both really Good Brit flicks. Keep in mind that they just don't make films the same way Hollywood does. Both slow paced and more Dramatic, not at all like all the Slam, Bang, Boom stuff from our studios. If you're a WWII History buff at all you'll enjoy them. They're both Keepers to me and have been added into my Library.

Edited by Bartman

Darkest Hour even Better than Churchill!

Haven't seen Churchill yet.

Pretty dissapointed in Dunkirk.

Seemed scant? Didn't it.

Not enough people.

Not much action.

I saw Dunkirk. Very well done. I downloaded Darkest Hour last week , but haven't gotten around to watching it. Since I won't be working tomorrow thanks to the bozos n congress, I guess I'll have time to watch it. 

On 1/19/2018 at 2:23 PM, mcorioles said:

Haven't seen Churchill yet.

Pretty dissapointed in Dunkirk.

Seemed scant? Didn't it.

Not enough people.

Not much action.

You have to understand Brit flicks. You won't see all the Crash, Bang, Boom sensationalism that you get from Hollywood. It's more all Drama. Overall I gave it a B. Darkest hour is a bit better than Churchill. They cover different stages of WWII. Darkest Hour is right after Chamberlain came back from Munich after caving to Hitler and some in Parliament didn't want an all out War. They were basically Alone as the US was still Neutral then. Churchill is just before D-day when he was having misgivings and was afraid of massive losses as he was in WWI at Gallipoli and saw that Horror Story. Still pretty good though. I just wonder how these 3 Brit Flicks all covering the same basic theme came out all around the same time. Kind of odd. 

Dunkirk was OK......

3 parallel paths, the beach, the plane and the pleasure boat......

certainly didn't appear they spent much on production......

it could have been a bit more dramatic at the end with a better sense of scale of the armada ,,,,,,

I also expected some type of rolling dialogue the end saying how many where saved, how many died ,,,,,

the climax was underwhelming with the officer saying "i see home" ......