Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themamba

themamba's MPSSAA Basketball Report

309 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, bleedingorangeandblack said:

UVA football signee play? 

No, no Obasi.

Patterson, after leading by 10 at halftime v Riverdale Baptist, desperately missed their leading scorer Mungo in the second half, falling to the Crusaders, 63-59, a day after Perry Hall beat the Crusaders by 19.

McDonogh held off Perry Hall, 46-45, as Florida-bound Noah Locke scored 22 points. Locke keyed a Eagles 9-0 run in the second quarter that gave the Eagles a 13 point lead, a deficit the Gators couldn't overcome, despite limiting the Eagles to 15 second half points.

Tomorrow, 5:45 PM, Goucher College

St Frances v Poly

Edited by themamba

2 hours ago, themamba said:

Tomorrow, 4PM, Goucher College

St Frances v Poly

I heard there are two games.  Any word on the other game?

2 hours ago, TheGuru said:

I heard there are two games.  Any word on the other game?

JV is 4PM, Varsity follows.

Edited by themamba

1 hour ago, themamba said:

You're welcome.

I heard that you could only purchase tickets in advance. Any word on that?

If this was MSJ or John Carroll playing Poly, tickets would’ve been sold at the door.  Goucher didn’t want that kind of traffic on their yard.   ‘85Knight and myself got word that tickets wouldn’t be sold at the door.  Mlf1886 verified it for us after standing in line for about 15 minutes early on.  Coppin would have been a better venue for the expected crowd.  Plenty of fans were left *** out at Goucher.  Pitiful planning!

Packed house, overflow. Great game so far. Halftime - Poly 33 SFA 30. Sims with 16 for Poly. Diop with 13 for SFA.

Phone going dead.

1 hour ago, TheGuru said:

If this was MSJ or John Carroll playing Poly, tickets would’ve been sold at the door.  Goucher didn’t want that kind of traffic on their yard.   ‘85Knight and myself got word that tickets wouldn’t be sold at the door.  Mlf1886 verified it for us after standing in line for about 15 minutes early on.  Coppin would have been a better venue for the expected crowd.  Plenty of fans were left *** out at Goucher.  Pitiful planning!

I agree. I should have mentioned I had my tickets, but wasn't aware that was the only way. 

1 hour ago, themamba said:

I agree. I should have mentioned I had my tickets, but wasn't aware that was the only way. 

What's the score?  We couldn't get in.

Edited by 85Knight

SFA 65 Poly 57 F

A goodie. SFA led by 1 after 3, and Poly never regained the lead. Jones and Baldwin each scored 7 in the second half for the Panthers. Mims had a great game (25 points), but after putting in four trifectas in the first half, he didn't hit one from long range in the second half. Nice balanced effort from the Panthers. Poly missed some chances at the line in the second half. Diop led the Panthers with 18 points. Ali had 17 for the Engineers. 

1 Poly (8-2)

2 Wise (10-2)

3 Eleanor Roosevelt (8-2)

4 Potomac (9-0)

5 Dunbar (9-0)

6 Perry Hall (6-4)

7 Dulaney (8-2)

8 Paint Branch (11-1)

9 Patterson (4-5)

10 Oakdale (11-1)

11 Lake Clifton (8-3)

12 Oxon Hill (8-3)

13 Edmondson (6-3)

14 Milford Mill (7-3)

15 Old Mill (8-4)

16 Woodlawn (7-2)

17 New Town (8-2)

18 Annapolis (8-2)

19 Fairmont Heights (7-3)

20 Springbrook (8-3)

21 River Hill (12-1)

22 Thomas Johnson (10-2)

23 Wicomico (11-0)

24 Douglass (6-3)

25 Linganore (10-2)

Edited by themamba

Down South. 4A heavyweight bout.

#3 Eleanor Roosevelt 56 #2 Wise 55

The Raiders used the first 11 minutes of the second half to turn a 2 point halftime deficit into a 10 point lead that the Pumas nearly walked down, with a chance to hit a 3 to send to overtime. Instead, the Pumas couldn't get off a 3 and got a bucket in the paint with a second to go. Raiders quarterback Jaden Faulkner found Cameron Brown on a fly route to kill the clock. Brown led four double-digit scorers for the Raiders, with 16 points. Sherwyn Dervonish led the Pumas with 27 points.

On 1/15/2018 at 5:23 PM, TheGuru said:

There were no advance tickets sold to this game at all!  Anyone claiming they had an advance printed ticket is lying!  Charm City Basketball, Shawnta Rogers and Bill Spotts have apologized and will make sure advance tickets are available next time.   Because of this, several of the team's own families couldn't gain entry (Justin Lewis' mom for Poly;  Elijah Epps mom for Saint Frances to name a couple).   

There were over 1,000 people who could not get in, however, large groups of people bum-rushed the side doors and spilled in, causing the gym to be well over capacity.   There was security failures all over.  However, the organizers just underestimated the interest.  Goucher's gym only holds 1,500.  

Poly is hosting the Charm City/Windy City Challenge on Saturday January 27th and there are plenty of advance tickets already printed and able to be picked up at Saint Frances and Poly.  This game will sell out as well.  Poly will be playing Simeon, currently ranked between #5-10 in the country depending on whose rankings you follow.  Saint Frances, has moved up to #26 in the country and they will be playing Chicago's Morgan Park

On 1/15/2018 at 6:38 PM, themamba said:

and where did you get these tickets?  

2 hours ago, BmoreSports77 said:

There were no advance tickets sold to this game at all!  Anyone claiming they had an advance printed ticket is lying!  Charm City Basketball, Shawnta Rogers and Bill Spotts have apologized and will make sure advance tickets are available next time.   Because of this, several of the team's own families couldn't gain entry (Justin Lewis' mom for Poly;  Elijah Epps mom for Saint Frances to name a couple).   

There were over 1,000 people who could not get in, however, large groups of people bum-rushed the side doors and spilled in, causing the gym to be well over capacity.   There was security failures all over.  However, the organizers just underestimated the interest.  Goucher's gym only holds 1,500.  

Poly is hosting the Charm City/Windy City Challenge on Saturday January 27th and there are plenty of advance tickets already printed and able to be picked up at Saint Frances and Poly.  This game will sell out as well.  Poly will be playing Simeon, currently ranked between #5-10 in the country depending on whose rankings you follow.  Saint Frances, has moved up to #26 in the country and they will be playing Chicago's Morgan Park

If there were no advanced tickets sold and no sales at the door, how did 1500 fans in addition to those who snuck in get their tickets.  That makes no sense.

13 hours ago, TheGuru said:

If there were no advanced tickets sold and no sales at the door, how did 1500 fans in addition to those who snuck in get their tickets.  That makes no sense.

Cash at the door ONLY.  I never said you could not get in by paying at the door.  That was the only way to get in. No tickets were printed; no advance sales.  You just had to be early. 

32 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

Cash at the door ONLY.  I never said you could not get in by paying at the door.  That was the only way to get in. No tickets were printed; no advance sales.  You just had to be early. 

Don’t you think you should have mentioned that in the beginning?  Then that was piss poor planning.  Rogers and Spotts will never get my cash for one of their bush league-run events.

Edited by TheGuru

7 hours ago, TheGuru said:

Don’t you think you should have mentioned that in the beginning?  Then that was piss poor planning.  Rogers and Spotts will never get my cash for one of their bush league-run events.

Glad it's clear now. That's why I don't know why someone on this thread claimed they had advance tickets when they didn't exist. 

As for your thoughts on Charm City Bball, you're not the only one who has expressed that since Monday. 

Edited by BmoreSports77

11 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

Glad it's clear now. That's why I don't know why someone on this thread claimed they had advance tickets when they didn't exist. 

As for your thoughts on Charm City Bball, you're not the only one who has expressed that since Monday. 

I was good, my tickets were taken care of. No one said anything about pre-printed tickets. In fact, I didn't even pay. You are extremely upset about that. Thats your problem. I hope you find a way to get over it.

14 minutes ago, themamba said:

I was good, my tickets were taken care of. No one said anything about pre-printed tickets. In fact, I didn't even pay. You are extremely upset about that. Thats your problem. I hope you find a way to get over it.

You are a liar. 

You said you had your tickets in advance  

You were not on the VIP list, and you did NOT have the tickets you claimed to have.  LMAO. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

over it!  Lie to these people. Lie to yourself. But you can't lie to me. 

26 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

You are a liar. 

You said you had your tickets in advance  

You were not on the VIP list, and you did NOT have the tickets you claimed to have.  LMAO. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

over it!  Lie to these people. Lie to yourself. But you can't lie to me. 

Its obvious you are very angry I was at the game and you were not. I get it. Not only did I have my ticket taken care of, I got my man I brought with me, in, too. Don't trip, its not the first time, and for my money, not the last. 

Like I said earlier, stick to who is walking around Gilman, how impressed you are with yourself, and how much more you know about basketball than anyone, the board cannot have enough of those types. Look forward to the Hammond updates, too.

Heads up, too. If you are going to mentally torture yourself every time I go to a game, you are going to go insane. I get to a lot of games. Headed to one now. Good luck. If it gets real bad, phone a friend.

Edited by themamba

37 minutes ago, themamba said:

Its obvious you are very angry I was at the game and you were not. I get it. Not only did I have my ticket taken care of, I got my man I brought with me, in, too. Don't trip, its not the first time, and for my money, not the last. 

Like I said earlier, stick to who is walking around Gilman, how impressed you are with yourself, and how much more you know about basketball than anyone, the board cannot have enough of those types. Look forward to the Hammond updates, too.

Heads up, too. If you are going to mentally torture yourself every time I go to a game, you are going to go insane. I get to a lot of games. Headed to one now. Good luck. If it gets real bad, phone a friend.

Lies.  Caught in your lie. 

Not mad, literally lmao 😂 

You were NOT at that game! And I MOST CERTAINLY WAS COURTSIDE!!! 

You were copying and pasting from twitter. Down to an error.  Ask me how I know?  

10 percent "mamba". Ten. Per.cent. 

Edited by BmoreSports77

24 minutes ago, BmoreSports77 said:

Lies.  Caught in your lie. 

Not mad, literally lmao 😂 

You were NOT at that game! And I MOST CERTAINLY WAS COURTSIDE!!! 

You were copying and pasting from twitter. Down to an error.  Ask me how I know?  

10 percent "mamba". Ten. Per.cent. 

Hahaha!! I can’t even see what he wrote, but might have to unblock him to see the frauding!!