Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
themamba

themamba's MPSSAA Basketball Report

309 posts in this topic

River Hill took its 2nd loss of the season this morning, losing at Mt Hebron, 52-49. Douglass put away Nap Town, 74-63.

1 hour ago, themamba said:

River Hill took its 2nd loss of the season this morning, losing at Mt Hebron, 52-49. Douglass put away Nap Town, 74-63.

Was that Douglass-BMore or PG against Naptown?  Did you see the game, the Nap guard Chris Jones or Johnson?

Simeon 71 Poly 64 - Talen Horton-Tucker, the Wolverines 6'5 Iowa State commit, went off for 34 points, 21 in the 2nd half in the win over the Engineers. Ra Ra Ali led the Engineers with 19, Justin Lewis, 17. Demetrius Mims (9) was held to one bucket in the 2nd half, a three. Messiah Jones scored 13 points and 15 rebounds for the Wolverines. Last year, Simeon held off a late Poly rally, 69-68, as Horton-Tucker scored 21.

It would have been nice to see Morgan Park play with their best player in the opener, Dosunmu (Illinois commit), but he turned an ankle earlier this week.

Simeon is playing this season without Kezo Brown, one of the top freshman recruits 3 years ago, with Duke and Kansas among his suitors. He missed his sophomore season due to health issues, but came back last year to lead the Wolverines to the city title, and a state runner-up finish, losing to Whitney Young in the 4A title game. In October, Brown announced he wasn't playing for Simeon this season. Some said his love of the game had dissipated for the former prodigy. Some family members were concerned about the gang life, and what hold it had on Brown. Its been a long road for Brown, who committed to Chicago State, as others who were recruiting the 6'0 southpaw went away. Talen-Horton and Dosunmu became the hot guard recruits in the city. Two weeks ago, Brown began playing again, in a men's league, to some fanfare. A week ago, he picked up an offer from Nebraska. 

Edited by themamba

15 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Was that Douglass-BMore or PG against Naptown?  Did you see the game, the Nap guard Chris Jones or Johnson?

Douglass, PG. I went to Poly. Jones is who I was talking about the other day, when I said I liked their guard. He has a High Point offer. Yesterday, v the Eagles, he had to leave midway through the fourth quarter, due to an apparent concussion, as his head took a knee, with the Panthers down 10. Obviously, with a concussion, Jones will be day-to-day, if not week-to-week.

14 minutes ago, themamba said:

Douglass, PG. I went to Poly. Jones is who I was talking about the other day, when I said I liked their guard. He has a High Point offer. Yesterday, v the Eagles, he had to leave midway through the fourth quarter, due to an apparent concussion, as his head took a knee, with the Panthers down 10. Obviously, with a concussion, Jones will be day-to-day, if not week-to-week.

Damn, I'll make a call or two to see if I can secure the game if you want to see it....

6 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

Damn, I'll make a call or two to see if I can secure the game if you want to see it....

Cool, I'd like to see Douglass, again. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, themamba said:

Cool, I'd like to see Douglass, again. Thanks!

I wanna see the Nap guard you referred me to...

It was a treat to see Talen Horton-Tucker play yesterday. At times, he was a man among boys, with a wide array of arsenal on offense. Had a strip and finish late. Coach Rob Irvin has said that Tucker-Horton is the first Northsider he's coached at Simeon. Last year, Horton-Tucker shared the Simeon spotlight with the aforementioned Kezo Brown and 5'10 Evan Gilyard (UTEP), but did score 21 in the Charm City v Windy City matchup with the Engineers. Yesterday, as much as he may have wished to share the spotlight with Messiah Jones (13p, 15r), the spotlight overruled, and was firmly placed around the 6'5 wing's personal space. Great pickup for the Cyclones. Highlights from yesterday, here.

https://twitter.com/ColbyGHoops/status/957660935912599555?s=09

4 hours ago, themamba said:

It was a treat to see Talen Horton-Tucker play yesterday. At times, he was a man among boys, with a wide array of arsenal on offense. Had a strip and finish late. Coach Rob Irvin has said that Tucker-Horton is the first Northsider he's coached at Simeon. Last year, Horton-Tucker shared the Simeon spotlight with the aforementioned Kezo Brown and 5'10 Evan Gilyard (UTEP), but did score 21 in the Charm City v Windy City matchup with the Engineers. Yesterday, as much as he may have wished to share the spotlight with Messiah Jones (13p, 15r), the spotlight overruled, and was firmly placed around the 6'5 wing's personal space. Great pickup for the Cyclones. Highlights from yesterday, here.

https://twitter.com/ColbyGHoops/status/957660935912599555?s=09

Oh really you were there Mamba?  Fan or checked in media?  Oh and you went to Poly?  Class?   

Fiddy Snake, fiddy posts...  :D

It was like pulling eye teeth Snake but I may get the Nap game today.

1. Dunbar (14-0)

2. Poly (11-4)

3. Eleanor Roosevelt (11-4)

4. Wise (12-4)

5. Perry Hall (10-5)

6. Potomac (12-2)

7. Lake Clifton (11-3)

8. Oakdale (15-1)

9. Edmondson (10-3)

10. Dulaney (11-3)

11. Milford Mill (11-3)

12. New Town (12-2)

13. Woodlawn (11-2)

14. Fairmont Heights (12-4)

15. Springbrook (14-3)

16. Paint Branch (12-3)

17. Old Mill (11-4)

18. Thomas Johnson (14-2)

19. Wicomico (17-0)

20. Douglass PG (10-4)

21. Northwest (14-2)

22. River Hill (14-2)

23. Dundalk (12-2)

24. Linganore (12-3)

25. Gaithersburg (13-3)

26. Mervo (9-4)

27. Meade (12-4)

28. Bethesda Chevy Chase (12-4)

29. Southern (11-4)

30. Oxon Hill (10-6)

31. Annapolis (11-5)

32. DuVal (8-4)

33. Oakland Mills (10-4)

34. Southwestern (9-3)

35. North County (11-5)

36. Laurel (11-4)

37. City College (9-3)

38. Thomas Stone (12-3)

39. Flowers (8-6)

40. Westlake (10-5)

41. Great Mills (11-3)

42. Friendly (9-6)

43. Tuscarora (10-6)

44. Bowie (9-7)

45. Glen Burnie (10-5)

46. Decatur (10-4)

47. St Charles (10-5)

48. CM Wright (11-3)

49. Joppatowne (10-5)

50. Easton (13-2)

Can you seed by classifications, how you would line them up for the playoffs.....

Damn Dunbar looks tough....those Orleans gangstas   :o

Edited by DayWalker

Top 25, by class.

4A

3 Eleanor Roosevelt

4 Wise 

5 Perry Hall

10 Dulaney

15 Springbrook

16 Paint Branch

17 Old Mill

21 Northwest

25 Gaithersburg

3A

2 Poly

6 Potomac

11 Milford Mill

13 Woodlawn

18 Thomas Johnson

23 Dundalk

24 Linganore

2A

7 Lake Clifton

8 Oakdale

9 Edmondson

12 New Town

19 Wicomico

22 River Hill

1A

1 Dunbar 

14 Fairmont Heights

20 Douglass

Darn Baltimore....if only you had some 4A schools.

Edited by DayWalker

2 hours ago, themamba said:

Top 25, by class.

4A

3 Eleanor Roosevelt

4 Wise 

5 Perry Hall

10 Dulaney

15 Springbrook

16 Paint Branch

17 Old Mill

21 Northwest

25 Gaithersburg

3A

2 Poly

6 Potomac

11 Milford Mill

13 Woodlawn

18 Thomas Johnson

23 Dundalk

24 Linganore

2A

7 Lake Clifton

8 Oakdale

9 Edmondson

12 New Town

19 Wicomico

22 River Hill

1A

1 Dunbar 

14 Fairmont Heights

20 Douglass

Mamba,

You forgot to rank Hammond.  ;)

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Mamba,

You forgot to rank Hammond.  ;)

That's my cut card.

Good to meet and link up with BBALLINMOTION tonight, to see Jared and the Poets, as they beat Reservoir, 58-40.

1 hour ago, themamba said:

Good to meet and link up with BBALLINMOTION tonight, to see Jared and the Poets, as they beat Reservoir, 58-40.

Mamba...enjoyed our conversation.  You have a good spirit man.  Much respect on all that you do for high school sports.  I wish continued blessings to you and yours.

13 hours ago, B-BALL IN MOTION said:

Mamba...enjoyed our conversation.  You have a good spirit man.  Much respect on all that you do for high school sports.  I wish continued blessings to you and yours.

I appreciate it, thanks. Same to you and yours, as well. I may see you next Friday. If not, a very good chance at XFinity. An amazing senior year could finish with state titles in both football and basketball. Best wishes to Jared on his big decision, look forward to seeing him at the next level.

Edited by themamba

I still say it was pretty low what you did to my man 40B's balls B-Balls at week 3.  Ya kicked dem city jewels right up into his own chest.  OGs -- Orleans Gangstas....  SAD!!  :o

Edited by DayWalker

I saw #2 Poly for a third time Saturday, #1 Dunbar, last night, and headed to Greenbelt tonight (7:15) to see #3 Roosevelt and #4 Wise meet for a second time (Roosevelt took the first by 1 point). Poly goes to JC, Edmondson hosts Patterson, and City hosts Mervo. Up top, Joppatowne goes to CM Wright, in a battle of the two top UCBC teams. CMW won at Joppatowne, 73-68, in the first matchup.

Tomorrow's biggest matchup is a Frederick County matchup, with Thomas Johnson heading to Linganore, featuring the second and third ranked teams in the CMC. Also Wednesday, the SMAC has a pair of nice matchups - St Charles @ Stone, Westlake @ North Point. 

Thursday, nothing. Chill.

Friday has a nice lineup - Edmondson @ Poly, Dundalk, who knocked off Dulaney last week, goes to New Town, Oxon Hill heads to Fairmont Heights, Patterson hosts the Poets, Flowers is at @ Eleanor Roosevelt, and Wednesday's featured SMAC lineup trades off with each other, with Stone @ Westlake, and North Point @ St Charles. 

Edited by themamba