Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tooldtocare

What if no wars had ever occurred?

12 posts in this topic

Over 400,000,000+ people have died in all the wars to date.

I cannot wrap my head around the math so I'm asking here;  If there never were any wars:

what would the world look like today--

would we have consumed all our natural resources by now?

would what oil we have be already gone?

would ____________

would ____________

would ____________

would ____________

Somebody here, help me fill in the blanks

(:-

All of those people would not have lived at the same time obviously. Many of them, as well as their offspring, would have died as a result of various plagues. I don’t think it would have too great an impact on the earth. 

To get there, our nature would have to be so different, we wouldn't be recognizable as a society. 

And it seems that war, as a cause of death for our species, has never been a global deciding factor, compared to disease or even just the flu.

Here's a rambling but interesting take on it..

https://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3350/how-have-most-human-beings-died-throughout-history/

War is a terrible thing, yet it has also been the reason for accelerated advancements in many areas....especially in medicine.

Posted (edited)

Probably would've been like Soylent Green by now or maybe a long time ago!

From Wikipedia:

Estimates of the number of human beings who have ever lived on Earth constitute an extremely large range, with low estimates around 45 billion, and the highest estimates topping out around 125 billion. Many of the more robust estimates fall into the range of 90 to 110 billion humans.

Edited by Bartman

On 12/28/2017 at 10:12 AM, pepper said:

To get there, our nature would have to be so different, we wouldn't be recognizable as a society. 

And it seems that war, as a cause of death for our species, has never been a global deciding factor, compared to disease or even just the flu.

Here's a rambling but interesting take on it..

https://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3350/how-have-most-human-beings-died-throughout-history/

It's my understanding that malaria has killed more people in human history than the sum of other causes of death combined.

Posted (edited)

On 1/4/2018 at 6:44 PM, EnochRoot said:

It's my understanding that malaria has killed more people in human history than the sum of other causes of death combined.

Whether there were wars or not the deaths from disease would still have occurred. Having said that, setting aside all other causes of death the question remains, what would the world look like if there had been no wars?

According to Bartman's numbers there would be  90 to 110 billion more people eating what food there is, etc., burning what fossil fuel there is. There is no doubt in my mind that we would have consumed what resources we have leaving the living wondering the land looking for something to eat. I believe there is a TV series out there covering a seniero just like this.

Edited by tooldtocare

Edited by Scaggsville

Woman in this country may not be as advanced as they are now. Woman learned a lot of trade when men left and went to war. 

5 hours ago, Cowboyz said:

Woman in this country may not be as advanced as they are now. Woman learned a lot of trade when men left and went to war. 

If it wasn't for the women characterized by "Rosie the Riveter,"  we may not have won that war. Even Hermann Goering stated of the American people; "They understood war."

Both of my grandmothers worked during and even after the war, one retired from Black and Decker, the other from Bendix. 

16 hours ago, blowboatbethesda said:

If it wasn't for the women characterized by "Rosie the Riveter,"  we may not have won that war. Even Hermann Goering stated of the American people; "They understood war."

Both of my grandmothers worked during and even after the war, one retired from Black and Decker, the other from Bendix. 

That's awesome!  That's what I'm talking about..... 

On 1/4/2018 at 6:44 PM, EnochRoot said:

Malaria vaccine is a vaccine that is used to prevent malaria. The only approved vaccine as of 2015 is RTS,S. It requires four injections, and has a relatively low efficacy (26–50%). Due to low efficacy, WHO does not recommend the use of RTS,S vaccine in babies between 6 and 12 weeks of age.[1]

The vaccine is going to be studied further in Africa in 2018.[2] Research continues into recombinant protein and attenuated whole organism vaccines.