Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lawman 27

The Sun’s 2017 Marylander of the Year

60 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

That's a totally different discusion and not what you said .......

There are bad cops and cops that protect bad cops ......

That happens everywhere, in every state, county and city in America ......

In 90%+ of the places that it happens the citizens aren't killing themselves at record paces ......

What exactly did I say that you reacted to? Are bad cops that protect bad cops equally distributed throughout the nation, or is it more likely that some departments suffer from it more than others?

Are you ok with bad cops protecting bad cops? 

Edited by Marshan Man

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

What exactly did I say that you reacted to? Are bad cops that protect bad cops equally distributed throughout the nation, or is it more likely that some departments suffer from it more than others?

Are you ok with bad cops protecting bad cops? 

Wow, you are doing some major deflection and backtracking from your original post.......

35 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Wow, you are doing some major deflection and backtracking from your original post.......

In other words you have no answers. 

9 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

That's a totally different discusion and not what you said .......

There are bad cops and cops that protect bad cops ......

That happens everywhere, in every state, county and city in America ......

In 90%+ of the places that it happens the citizens aren't killing themselves at record paces ......

E/T:

Hold on there a minute. When I was with the BPD we weren't bad Cops and we didn't tolerate bad Cops.

If (for example), a suspect was pushing my buttons to get me into a fight, a fellow Officer would see the situation and step between us to keep an incident from happening. The result, NO ASSUALT and NO BAD PRESS.

2 problems with that now-a-days though:

First, I have been told that Officers don't stop other Officers from getting into bad situations anymore. In fact, the newbie Officers encourage it, then write on it to charge each other. (I have not seen it, but enough current Officers have told me about it for me to feel it is true).

Second, you used to (past tense) hire Officers of honor and integrity (of all races, creeds, colors, genders, etc). This was (past tense) you needed Officers (1) who other Officers could count on and (2) who the Citizens of the City could count on.

Now, it seems the City is hiring the lowest common denominator in an effort to get Cops who are just 'glorified secretaries' who have a gun.

7 hours ago, Dinglehopper said:

Ah the good old days.  Cops did nothing wrong back in the day.

Well in the good ol days.....you didn't have an average of over 300 murders a year....for the last decade.

And yes ....I am sure during that time prior they had dirty cops...anyone that says that there weren't are fools...however....like Lawman outlined.....and from my experience as a cop....good cops steered clear of them and were more likely to get support by admin. when reporting a rogue.

And unfortunately....as they say 'a fish rots from the head down'....and it is apparent that the BC fish has been rotting for some time. NOT since Davis came on board.

Just say'n.

Edited by Guido2

I don't take the Sun seriously because of our philosophical differences, and Marylander of the year is impossibly objective. Too many cool people extending themselves to help others to pick a single. I know there are people in Accident Maryland that are doing their best to help poor, the just as there are in the city. 

Is "the Maryland Taxpayer" eligible for this honor?

20 hours ago, pepper said:

I don't take the Sun seriously because of our philosophical differences, and Marylander of the year is impossibly objective. Too many cool people extending themselves to help others to pick a single. I know there are people in Accident Maryland that are doing their best to help poor, the just as there are in the city. 

Is "the Maryland Taxpayer" eligible for this honor?

Excellent point.

Posted (edited)

On 12/30/2017 at 3:43 PM, Marshan Man said:

In other words you have no answers. 

Yes he did..... you just didn't hear them......as always

If it weren't so sad it would be funny as to how you CONSTANTLY look to blame the police for everything going on. Give me a break...'how many perps have been caught?.' Talk about UBER deflection.

Here I got one for  you......'how many perps would the cops have to find....if some idiot hadn't pulled the trigger'? Or, more importantly 'why did the perp feel a need to pull the trigger in the first place'.

Simply stated....no crime....no perp.....just so you understand.

Don't blame the cops because there is an entire sub-division of society that developed into what it is. Blame weak sniped courts and SJWs for that.

Re-adjust that pointing finger please.

Edited by Guido2

32 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

Yes he did..... you just didn't hear them......as always

If it weren't so sad it would be funny as to how you CONSTANTLY look to blame the police for everything going on. Give me a break...'how many perps have been caught?.' Talk about UBER deflection.

Here I got one for  you......'how many perps would the cops have to find....if some idiot hadn't pulled the trigger'? Or, more importantly 'why did the perp feel a need to pull the trigger in the first place'.

Simply stated....no crime....no perp.....just so you understand.

Don't blame the cops because there is an entire sub-division of society that developed into what it is. Blame weak sniped courts and SJWs for that.

Re-adjust that pointing finger please.

I blame the cops for the role they play. No more no less. They’re not blameless.  

1 minute ago, Marshan Man said:

I blame the cops for the role they play. No more no less. They’re not blameless.  

Well it seems by your comments the police are the lead actor in you little play. Which is flat wrong.

As I said ....don't commit crime....no arrests....no brutality...no interviews....no snitching....no threatened witnessess.....no lawsuits....etc. etc.

I don't think cops have ever provoked people into committing crimes

They are reactive ....not proactive on that count. Not the reverse as you portray, You blame the 'messenger' not the message. you blame the enforcers of law.....not the ones that break it.

But I doubt you will ever 'get' that.

Just now, Guido2 said:

Well it seems by your comments the police are the lead actor in you little play. Which is flat wrong.

As I said ....don't commit crime....no arrests....no brutality...no interviews....no snitching....no threatened witnessess.....no lawsuits....etc. etc.

I don't think cops have ever provoked people into committing crimes

They are reactive ....not proactive on that count. Not the reverse as you portray, You blame the 'messenger' not the message. you blame the enforcers of law.....not the ones that break it.

But I doubt you will ever 'get' that.

Who cares what it seems like to you?You’re not the most perceptive individual judging from your posts. 

I simply threw back in his face what he was blaming everyone else for BUT the police. 

Baltimore does not have an average murder rate of over 300 murders/year during the last decade.

What? I didn't get Nominated again?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Who cares what it seems like to you?You’re not the most perceptive individual judging from your posts. 

I simply threw back in his face what he was blaming everyone else for BUT the police. 

ahhh yeah.....you must....because you always respond.

I am very perceptive, also organized, fairly non-emotional, fact based and focused.

All those things that you are not.

Stop trying to play checkers on a 3 dimensional chessboard.....because you get yourself trashed....each and every time.

But you do go on with your posts....they do make for entertaining reading.

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, naive said:

Baltimore does not have an average murder rate of over 300 murders/year during the last decade.

Thank you Captain Obvious. :lol: Hold on I'll run the numbers...............ran them ...give or take....lets see....when and where does a decade begin or end.

282,234,238,223,197,216,233,344,318,343(?) average ...303.1 per year.

For your reference.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bal-baltimore-homicides-by-year-20161202-htmlstory.html

And look 'who' has been in charge of city gooberrment for the last 10 years.Lead by  Mama thug huggers. Admittedly, the jury is out on Pugh.

Never forget.....'they need space to destroy'...right up there with 'Remember the Maine.' :huh:

Not that MOM was a gem....but at least he took the thugs off the streets.

Edited by Guido2

24 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

ahhh yeah.....you must....because you always respond.

I am very perceptive, also organized, fairly non-emotional, fact based and focused.

All those things that you are not.

Stop trying to play checkers on a 3 dimensional chessboard.....because you get yourself trashed....each and every time.

But you do go on with your posts....they do make for entertaining reading.

Yes, that's why all these posters have you ignore because your posts are so clear, concise and well thought out?? :rolleyes: 

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Marshan Man said:

Yes, that's why all these posters have you ignore because your posts are so clear, concise and well thought out?? :rolleyes: 

The one's that matter and are working with more much more than a brain stem....don't.

:lol:

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

The one's that matter and are working with more much more than a brain stem....don't.

:lol:

Those operating with more than a brainstem also tend to know the difference between one’s and ones. 

6 hours ago, Bartman said:

What? I didn't get Nominated again?

You had my vote sunshine .....

Posted (edited)

Is there a math teacher in the house?

282,234,238,223,197,216,233,344,318,343(?) average ...262.8 per year. 

2007-2016 ( I included the year 2014 with 211 murders and excluded 2017’s, even so )

282,234,238,223,196,218,233,211,344,318(?) average ...249.7 per year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Baltimore

Edited by naive

14 hours ago, naive said:

Is there a math teacher in the house?

282,234,238,223,197,216,233,344,318,343(?) average ...262.8 per year. 

2007-2016 ( I included the year 2014 with 211 murders and excluded 2017’s, even so )

282,234,238,223,196,218,233,211,344,318(?) average ...249.7 per year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Baltimore

I stand corrected. I must have double entered some numbers. My apolgies!

So....when are your people going to stop killing each other regardless of the numbers.

That is the real point

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Marshan Man said:

Those operating with more than a brainstem also tend to know the difference between one’s and ones. 

Squeak squeak.

Don't address the message....address the grammar. 

I don't proof read everything like is was some blip'n paper for a PhD. And neither do you or others.

Get a grip.

Again....address the issue....not deflect by nit picking.

Squeak squeak.

BTW.....it is BRAIN STEM....not brainstem ^^^^^^ WAs

Edited by Guido2

Just now, Guido2 said:

Squeak squeak.

Don't address the message....address the grammar. 

I don't proof read everything like is was some blip'n paper for a PhD. And neither do you or others.

Get a grip.

Again....address the issue....not deflect by nit picking.

Squeak squeak.

What was the message??  That some posters here are only functioning with a brainstem?? Squeak squeak indeed. :rolleyes: