Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastside Terp

Caps 2017 .....

168 posts in this topic

Wow, what a period....

Take a deep breath .....

Vegas came out shooting for bear, dominating the 1st 5, 10 minutes....

After they hit that post on the empty nest the air came out of them and everything changed .....

See if they can make a game of it .....

Holy. Effing. Hell.  Yeah, no done deal, but after Vegas came out the way they did the Caps responded with a nuclear blast!  Gotta play smart and not get reckless the rest of the way.

15 down, 1 to go .....

Miller gets his nose busted then gets his plugs knocked out a minute later ....

Love it.....

Go Caps....

Got a little reckless and lost some intensity in the third but then put the exclamation point on!  Vegas played their best game, IMO, but the difference was the Caps skill is kn another level.  Chaos and hard skating is fine but it's not a consistent strategy as Vegas is finding out.  

Two days to rest, collect their thoughts and hopefully the Caps come out hitting hard and Holtbeast keeps up the great job on eliminating second chances.  If they do, 44 years of frustration ends.

Gotta wrap it up asap. No resting on laurels thinking we have cushion, can win at home, etc. Don't let then find their footing or figure out something that works. 

5 hours ago, Kawalimus said:

Gotta wrap it up asap. No resting on laurels thinking we have cushion, can win at home, etc. Don't let then find their footing or figure out something that works. 

Exactly.  They have their foot on Vegas's neck, time to stomp them out.

Not a big hockey fan, but congrats to the Caps. A well deserved victory.

On 6/5/2018 at 0:06 AM, alienrace said:

Got a little reckless and lost some intensity in the third but then put the exclamation point on!  Vegas played their best game, IMO, but the difference was the Caps skill is kn another level.  Chaos and hard skating is fine but it's not a consistent strategy as Vegas is finding out.  

Two days to rest, collect their thoughts and hopefully the Caps come out hitting hard and Holtbeast keeps up the great job on eliminating second chances.  If they do, 44 years of frustration ends.

Team on a mission.

Wow....

Went to my first Caps game in 1977 or 78 ....

Been a long time coming :) .....

Great comeback to win it. 

Only letdown is that Orioles are the only sport until August.  :(

They played like it was game 7. That was a win worthy of the cup. Glad I could finally see my first pro sports team win it. 

Still in disbelief!  What a tremendous game and run to the cup...still soaking it all in!!

Posted (edited)

It's been an amazing month and a half .....

Watched every game,  every minute .....

From the goalie controversy to losing the first 2 at home and then double overtime .....

Behind in every series, fighting tooth and nail .....

Even up 3 to 1 we all were afraid to get our hopes up.....

All fans were so emotionally invested in .....

I enjoy talking with you guys through out .....

It's been something I'll always remember, like the 1st ravens Superbowl run .....

Now I need to catch up on some sleep......

Edited by Eastside Terp

No doubt, this has been the most unforgettable playoff run in my lifetime!  I never experienced this kind of unbridled joy, not even the Raven's Superbowl wins, the Orioles winning the WS in 83.  Maybe the only thing that compared was the Terps winning the NC in 2002.  I think when you have this long period of disappointments, when a team finally does win it all, nothing can really compare to that.

In a way it does remind me of the 2012 Ravens though, in that the previous year's teams that fell short were likely the more talented teams, but this year's team was the better "team".  

That said, the Caps have found out that they have some tremendous young players and they should be in pretty good position to defend next year.  Keeping Carlson would be a huge plus, and both sides appear to want to get it done.  I think keeping Trotz is just a formality, he has said he wants to return, and obviously Leonsis wants him as well.

They just signed carpenter.....

Trotz is gone ...

Looks like one of the best drafts in years .....

2 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

They just signed carpenter.....

Trotz is gone ...

Looks like one of the best drafts in years .....

Carpenter?  I think you meant Carlson :D  But yeah, that was a huge signing.  Caps should be in great shape to re-up Wilson too, and hopefully Kempny, who I think was really key.  They also look like they're bringing Orpik back at a discount, and maybe they can convince Smith-Pelly as well.  

As for Trotz, it's a shame, but honestly you can't give a 55 year old coach that kind of contract he wanted(and got from the Islanders).  I think the Caps will be fine with Reirden, whom they were grooming, and also who built the defense to be what it was...that is if Reirden winds up being the guy, though I don't know who else they'd possibly have in mind.

6 hours ago, alienrace said:

Carpenter?  I think you meant Carlson :D  But yeah, that was a huge signing.  Caps should be in great shape to re-up Wilson too, and hopefully Kempny, who I think was really key.  They also look like they're bringing Orpik back at a discount, and maybe they can convince Smith-Pelly as well.  

As for Trotz, it's a shame, but honestly you can't give a 55 year old coach that kind of contract he wanted(and got from the Islanders).  I think the Caps will be fine with Reirden, whom they were grooming, and also who built the defense to be what it was...that is if Reirden winds up being the guy, though I don't know who else they'd possibly have in mind.

Yea, plays hockey and makes good movies too.....

His brother Bobby is pretty good too :) ......

I think they were $2 mil a yr apart with trotz ......

Edited by Eastside Terp