Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evil Yoda

Peter Angelos has driven me away

6 posts in this topic

For the first time in decades I find myself not looking forward to spring training or opening day, not looking forward to watching baseball (live, on television) or listening to it. Mr. Angelos, you have reduced me to indifference. Well done.

I watch, though the Angelos family has ruined this franchise. I used to get free tickets but I turn them down nowadays. I refuse to pay inflated parking and concession price. Even though I am one of 10000 potential customers on a given night, I refuse to transfer a dime of my money to those people.

Remember how they said a franchise in DC would lead to two very low revenue teams? The Nationals proved Angelos wrong on that. Meanwhile he is profiting off their success through the one-sided MASN deal. Who would have thought DC would be able to play with the heavy weights?

4 hours ago, Manny said:

Remember how they said a franchise in DC would lead to two very low revenue teams? The Nationals proved Angelos wrong on that. Meanwhile he is profiting off their success through the one-sided MASN deal. Who would have thought DC would be able to play with the heavy weights?

Trading or letting Manny go will kill this team long term. Young Hispanic kids in Bmore will lose interest in the team. I had a ticket plan for 13 games from 1994-2005, dropped it after Maz was fired. Discovered I had only things I could do. In the last 12 years I have probably been to 10 games. 

14 hours ago, johnpolitics said:

Trading or letting Manny go will kill this team long term. Young Hispanic kids in Bmore will lose interest in the team. I had a ticket plan for 13 games from 1994-2005, dropped it after Maz was fired. Discovered I had only things I could do. In the last 12 years I have probably been to 10 games. 

I think Petey and Lewey Angelos are still strongly considering whether they’ll offer Manny  the same type of deal they gave Chris Davis. In the Angelos world, that is an insanely generous amount of money to offer a player. They seem oblivious that he will give them the single finger salute after an offer like that, if they decide to offer him even that much. Bottom line, Manny should command 2 type A prospects. Take the deal! No matter what, he his not an Oriole in 2019.

I feel the same way.

We're back in the dark ages and there's no hope that things will get better.