Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balmerboh

Joe Flacco: Is CTE a real concern?

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Oldtime said:

Even a sack would have been the better ply given the situation. You don’t stop the clock plain and simple. What don’t you understand about that?  

I understand what you are saying. He protected the football when the play broke down. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean that I don't understand your premise. 

Edited by russsnyder

I agree that Joe keeping the clock rolling MIGHT have not made a difference in the end. Who knows, maybe they start that drive with more urgency and get downfield faster anyway.

That said, if they do keep it rolling, CIN is probably getting it back with about 2:00 left instead of 2:43.  Maybe a couple seconds outside of the warning, or maybe right at it.  Or they burn their TO immediately and don't have one to use at the end (which they used to prep for the TD throw).  Or it all happens the same way with 40 seconds less on the clock... they're probably focusing more on getting in to FG position and getting a kick off, or tossing a Hail Mary in to the endzone (which we know AJ Green might catch anyway!), instead of having the freedom to throw anywhere they want to including the middle of the field short of the endzone. 

Ugh... it's been such a common theme during the Harbaugh era, and seemingly even worse the last few years... where with a lead they don't do the things that will make it harder for an opponent to score late.  Where THEY control the ball and the clock and the timeouts in a way that leaves the opponent with limited options, less time, less timeouts, etc.  They can say until the end of time that "We were trying to win the game with that screen pass call" just like they can say that about almost ANY call they would have made in that situation.  It doesn't mesh with reasonable game management and understanding your personnel.  

I would love, just one time, to see a sense of urgency or a "I give a crap" expression on Joe's face .......

3 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

I would love, just one time, to see a sense of urgency or a "I give a crap" expression on Joe's face .......

That’s part of the reason to wonder.  Is there awareness?  Nobody ever said Joe was a “cerebral” or smart QB (even before the concussion), but it’s just a pattern of ‘what was he thinking (or was he thinking)!?!” type plays I never had with Boller (who was just untalented/inaccurate) or any other QB with such frequency.  

3 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

That and a 2 minute offence would be nice after 10 years.