Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evil Yoda

Pees formally announces retirement

12 posts in this topic

I wish they would get Pagano back, I don't see him getting offered another head coaching job at this point.

Did Pees put in his papers with 2:54 left in the game?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Evil Yoda said:

Dean Pees formally confirms the rumors of his retirement. It is other places as well, including NBC sports. Don Martindale, presently the Ravens' linebackers coach, is one candidate for the job.

The good news here is when "Wink" Martindale was defensive coordinator at Denver in 2010, they had a league-leading defense. The bad news is they led the league in total yards allowed and rushing touchdowns.

Edited by mdrunning

I dont want anyone named wink in charge of anything. Bring back pagano

I wish we could have fired Pees.

I hope his retirement sucks. Like, his SS checks get delivered to the wrong address.

4 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

I wish we could have fired Pees.

I hope his retirement sucks. Like, his SS checks get delivered to the wrong address.

Don't think he will be sweating his SS checks.  Dean has been paid very well for a long time.

1 hour ago, jonsensback said:

Don't think he will be sweating his SS checks.  Dean has been paid very well for a long time.

Then cold coffee and constipation.

4 minutes ago, Pickle20 said:

Then cold coffee and constipation.

Way too brutal if you ever had either:D

Sounds like the Ravens have reached out to Pagano.

I'd welcome him back with open arms and buy him a Koco's crabcake.

Not sure why people constantly blamed Pees for everything while letting the players off the hook.  I said the same about MM.  I blame both for some schemes that may not have been the best, but let's put it bluntly....it was these high priced players that failed.  How about that tackling, or lack of it, after Boyd caught the ball and ran to the endzone?  Or how about Humphries tackling (wrong place to tackle) his man and negating a game saving interception?    At what point do we maybe say that some of these players might not have been as good as first thought?  I'm pretty sure from day one of training camp the players practiced tackling a guy once he caught the ball and I'm pretty sure the cornerbacks knew that tackling a guy when the ball was in the air, and not even targeting him, was going to draw a flag.  I'm not sure hiring a Pagano or Del Rio is in the Raven's best interest.  If successful, both become instant candidates for jobs at the end of next year.  Maybe a better choice is someone off the HC radar who might be here for a while.  

8 hours ago, cprenegade said:

Not sure why people constantly blamed Pees for everything while letting the players off the hook.  I said the same about MM.  I blame both for some schemes that may not have been the best, but let's put it bluntly....it was these high priced players that failed.  How about that tackling, or lack of it, after Boyd caught the ball and ran to the endzone?  Or how about Humphries tackling (wrong place to tackle) his man and negating a game saving interception?    At what point do we maybe say that some of these players might not have been as good as first thought?  I'm pretty sure from day one of training camp the players practiced tackling a guy once he caught the ball and I'm pretty sure the cornerbacks knew that tackling a guy when the ball was in the air, and not even targeting him, was going to draw a flag.  I'm not sure hiring a Pagano or Del Rio is in the Raven's best interest.  If successful, both become instant candidates for jobs at the end of next year.  Maybe a better choice is someone off the HC radar who might be here for a while.  

Because these defenses CONSTANTLY gave away 4th quarter leads over the course of Pees tenure as DC.

If it were a couple of times, sure, that can be put on the players. But the collapses were always the same, and happened many times each season.

That's on Pees.

Missed tackles, dropped passes -- those are definitely on the players.

But when it becomes the norm, that blame defaults to the coaches and the FO.

If the players aren't getting it done, get better players. Overall, the Ravens have tried to, especially on defense. But Pees failed to get the job done.