Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKDWZD

Israel: African migrants told to leave or face imprisonment.

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Link

This plan violates both International and Israel's own laws.

Apparently Netanyahu is concerned that the migrants "could threaten Israel's Jewish character".

Edited by WKDWZD

Is the average American really that okay with ethnic cleansing? Seems so. B)

1 minute ago, WKDWZD said:

Let's bring them here.

Oh, no. Never mind...

So the “infiltrators” entered Israel’s border illegally and are being given $3,900 to go back home or a third country that will take them?

Seems fairly human way to deal with illegal immigrants and a better deal that a lot countries including are own give them.

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

So the “infiltrators” entered Israel’s border illegally and are being given $3,900 to go back home or a third country that will take them?

Seems fairly human way to deal with illegal immigrants and a better deal that a lot countries including are own give them.

Ever heard of the MS St. Louis?

Edited by hst2

22 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Especially when many, if not most of them are Muslims.  Can't imagine why a Jewish state wouldn't allow open borders and people to enter illegally. I think a lot of people really don't want Israel to be Jewish and hence, the angst.   

I'd think that Jordan or another Muslim country would be a mutually more suitable arrangement for the illegals.  Nice of Israel to even pay for it for them.

"Infiltrators", "illegals" - is that really the best that you guys have got?

7 hours ago, WKDWZD said:

My question is why they chose Israel to seek asylum? 

7 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

Especially when many, if not most of them are Muslims.  Can't imagine why a Jewish state wouldn't allow open borders and people to enter illegally. I think a lot of people really don't want Israel to be Jewish and hence, the angst.   

I'd think that Jordan or another Muslim country would be a mutually more suitable arrangement for the illegals.  Nice of Israel to even pay for it for them.

Muslims seem to have a preference for non-Muslim, infidel countries and societies.

46 minutes ago, flyboy56 said:

My question is why they chose Israel to seek asylum? 

Have a look at an atlas. ;)

They are illegal migrants, right?

5 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

They are illegal migrants, right?

No, even Israel does not use that term, they refer to them as African migrants and "infiltrators".

I think the article explains that the individuals arrived in Israel outside of the appropriate manner.

4 minutes ago, Sprightly said:

I think the article explains that the individuals arrived in Israel outside of the appropriate manner.

"The appropriate manner?"

Israel - which has approved fewer than 1% of asylum applications since it signed the UN Refugee Convention six decades ago - has not offered asylum to a single person from Sudan.

I wonder why they didn't try the "appropriate manner". 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, WKDWZD said:

"Infiltrators", "illegals" - is that really the best that you guys have got?

Did you even read your own link?

That’s the term Israel uses and go figure it’s in the link.:rolleyes:

Edited by jonsensback

12 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Did you even read your own link?

That’s the term Israel uses and go figure it’s in the link.:rolleyes:

Yes, of course I did. Israel uses the term 'infiltrators', they do not use the word 'illegals'. I suggest you read it again.

53 minutes ago, boink said:

Muslims seem to have a preference for non-Muslim, infidel countries and societies.

Post of the year!

27 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

"The appropriate manner?"

I wonder why they didn't try the "appropriate manner". 

Because they would need permission to enter?

Israel and Saudi Arabia have an agreement regarding Muslim migrants.

So the question here is are these migrants in Israel through legal methods or not.  If they are there legally, then there could be a problem with what the Israeli government is doing.  If they have not entered the country through legal methods, then Israel is free to deport them in whatever means they deem necessary.  It is really quite simple.  

So basically, this thread is based on the premise that Israel should have open borders, have no say about people who enter it illegally, and controlling their borders makes the Jewish state of Israel guilty of "ethnic cleansing" in the minds of some. 

LOLZ.  No anti-Jewish sentiments there!  Some just don't want Israel to be a Jewish state.

2 hours ago, Ode2Joy said:

So basically, this thread is based on the premise that Israel should have open borders, have no say about people who enter it illegally, and controlling their borders makes the Jewish state of Israel guilty of "ethnic cleansing" in the minds of some...

No dude, that premise is one of your own conjuring. this thread questions the ethics and legality of Israel deporting, by force or threat, African migrants in order to 'preserve it's Jewish character'.

32 minutes ago, WKDWZD said:

No dude, that premise is one of your own conjuring. this thread questions the ethics and legality of Israel deporting, by force or threat, African migrants in order to 'preserve it's Jewish character'.

Much to the chagrin of some, Israel is a sovereign nation and a Jewish state.  Demanding that it have open borders and calling it "ethnic cleansing" to control it's borders and Jewish identity is unrealistic and anti-Jewish unless someone making that accusation is similarly offended by other nations who control legal entry into their nation.

What Israel does is no different than what Japan does, except Israel more generous.  Japan has been very successful in its crackdown on illegal immigrants. 

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

Much to the chagrin of some, Israel is a sovereign nation and a Jewish state.  Demanding that it have open borders and calling it "ethnic cleansing" to control it's borders and Jewish identity is unrealistic and anti-Jewish unless someone making that accusation is similarly offended by other nations who control legal entry into their nation.

What Israel does is no different than what Japan does, except Israel more generous.  Japan has been very successful in its crackdown on illegal immigrants. 

It is not at all anti-Jewish to expect Israel to meet its legal UNCHR 1951 Refugee Convention obligations. 

“As party to the 1951 Refugee Convention, Israel has legal obligations to protect refugees and other persons in need of international protection,” said UNHCR’s Assistant High Commissioner for Protection, Volker Türk. “UNHCR and the international community have been assisting Israel to meet its international obligations, including by resettling or finding other durable solutions for 2,400 refugees who have departed from Israel in the last couple of years.”  There are some 27,500 Eritreans and 7,800 Sudanese in Israel. Since Israel took over refugee status determination from UNHCR in 2009, only eight Eritreans and two Sudanese have been recognized as refugees by the authorities. Another 200 Sudanese, all from Darfur, were recently granted humanitarian status in Israel.

Most of the Rest of the World has met them, why should Israel get a free pass?

Israel stands alone in this treatment of immigrants. Your Japan reference is a mere attempt at obfuscation.

In your bizarro world, anyone who would accidently, or casually, fart in the general direction of Israel, can be accused of being anti-Jewish.

Edited by WKDWZD