Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rob

Did you know?

12 posts in this topic

That the Ravens practiced indoors all week prior to the ice cold home game against the Bengals?

Wouldn't simulating game conditions help you?

This really boggled my mind and angered me. Is this why we were so terrible in the 1st half? Weren't prepared for that cold and wind?

Here's Flacco's quotes:

Flacco likes the fact that Baltimore doesn't practice outdoors in the freezing cold all week. The Ravens' workouts have been held in the indoor field house.

"We do not feel like we have to do that in order to prepare and say that we are tough and do all those things," Flacco said. "We just do what we feel is right, and that is kind of how we always have been. We have definitely leaned on going outside and things like that, but personally, not really. And I would say the team, we really just do what we feel is right in the moment."

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/42064/joe-cool-doesnt-like-freezing-cold-even-though-his-play-says-otherwise

I don't think that had anything to do with Sunday's result. And regardless of the logistics of practicing indoors, it still doesn't explain why the Ravens came out flatter than Kansas in the first half against the Bengals.

I think it has something to do with all the drops. Catching a warm ball is much different than catching a rock hard cold as ice ball.

I think it would have sn impact .....

Harbaugh is a players coach ......

Maybe these things work differently for different groups, especially WRs. If they always do it this way, I'd assume they did the same before frigid cold road wins at Denver and at New England back in January 2013...

They should have at least practiced passing in the cold. It's essential that receivers get a feel for what that's like. Harbaugh made a mistake.

32 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Maybe these things work differently for different groups, especially WRs. If they always do it this way, I'd assume they did the same before frigid cold road wins at Denver and at New England back in January 2013...

I don't know what they did then but the week 17 game was in historically low temps for this region. I bet it was much colder for that game than it was for at last the NE game, if not the Denver game.

You also saw a lot of drops this past weekend, and I think the cold probably played a part in that too.

Still, these guys need to catch the darn ball when it hits them smack dab in their hands. Any kind of weather is no excuse.

I just noticed that Flacco didn't have a single 300 yard passing game in 2017. Not one.

On 1/5/2018 at 7:01 PM, Rob said:

That the Ravens practiced indoors all week prior to the ice cold home game against the Bengals?

Wouldn't simulating game conditions help you?

This really boggled my mind and angered me. Is this why we were so terrible in the 1st half? Weren't prepared for that cold and wind?

Here's Flacco's quotes:

Flacco likes the fact that Baltimore doesn't practice outdoors in the freezing cold all week. The Ravens' workouts have been held in the indoor field house.

"We do not feel like we have to do that in order to prepare and say that we are tough and do all those things," Flacco said. "We just do what we feel is right, and that is kind of how we always have been. We have definitely leaned on going outside and things like that, but personally, not really. And I would say the team, we really just do what we feel is right in the moment."

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/42064/joe-cool-doesnt-like-freezing-cold-even-though-his-play-says-otherwise

Bud Grant loved practicing in the cold!

2 hours ago, Rob said:

I just noticed that Flacco didn't have a single 300 yard passing game in 2017. Not one.

Yep, we talked about that on another thread .....

Flacco apologist said it doesn't matter what his fantasy stats are .....

13 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

Yep, we talked about that on another thread .....

Flacco apologist said it doesn't matter what his fantasy stats are .....

It really doesn't matter if Flacco is effective along with the run game and defense. 

Unfortunately he really wasn't effective with the constant check downs and short passes.  In some games he probably would have needed 50 completions to get to 300.

Maybe that's how the Bengals gained an advantage since they don't have an indoor practice facility.