Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastside Terp

Jacksonville v Bills.....

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Jacksonville can't win it all with bortles.....

Great d but bortles is worse than Dilfer.....

Edited by Eastside Terp

Tyrods doing a decent job against a very tough d .....

Flacco would have been sacked 6 or 8 times by now .....

Posted (edited)

Maybe. In which case you probably would have seen Joe drop back 45 or 50 times, and the backs get maybe 20 to 25 touches. That's how Marty works, call a game where you have a fairly stationary pocket QB drop back 2 out of every 3 snaps against a good aggressive D  that isn't the least bit concerned about getting caught off-guard...

Edited by Ravens2006

49 minutes ago, Eastside Terp said:

Tyrods doing a decent job against a very tough d .....

Flacco would have been sacked 6 or 8 times by now .....

Who knows what flacco would have done but one thing is true is Tyrod really sucks. 

2 minutes ago, WhatintheHell said:

But Bortles sucks more.

He's horrible.....

No way they beat the steelers again with him .....

47 minutes ago, Ravens2006 said:

Maybe. In which case you probably would have seen Joe drop back 45 or 50 times, and the backs get maybe 20 to 25 touches. That's how Marty works, call a game where you have a fairly stationary pocket QB drop back 2 out of every 3 snaps against a good aggressive D  that isn't the least bit concerned about getting caught off-guard...

I actually would love this game plan. Put the ball into your best players hands as much as possible. Flacco is the man in the playoffs. I love playoff Flacco. I hate regular season Flacco. Flacco wouldn’t have let this team lose to the Jags

Alex Smith in Jax’s would be a nice fit....Bortles and Flacco look like the same player.

49 minutes ago, RavingManiac said:

I actually would love this game plan. Put the ball into your best players hands as much as possible. Flacco is the man in the playoffs. I love playoff Flacco. I hate regular season Flacco. Flacco wouldn’t have let this team lose to the Jags

Lol.....

16 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

Alex Smith in Jax’s would be a nice fit....Bortles and Flacco look like the same player.

Can't agree there. I'd rather have Flacco over Bortles anyday. I would say Smith and Flacco are equal.  

The Jags had better hope the Blake Bortles of yesterday doesn't show up in Pittsburgh next week. Their defense will give Pittsburgh trouble again, but it isn't likely that the Steelers are going to turn the ball over five times as they did in the teams' first meeting. The Jags can't rely solely on their defense to beat the Steelers again.

Ravens should be even more disgusted with themselves after watching this first round of playoffs. 

Chiefs and Jags were very beatable and the Ravens, even with all their problems are probably the only team on the AFC side that could’ve given the Steelers and Patriots a tough game. 

5 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Ravens should be even more disgusted with themselves after watching this first round of playoffs. 

Chiefs and Jags were very beatable and the Ravens, even with all their problems are probably the only team on the AFC side that could’ve given the Steelers and Patriots a tough game. 

I think the Jags can definitely give the Steelers a tough game. They already blew them out in Pittsburgh.

Definitely need Bortles to play better. Maybe now that he's experienced playoff football he a can take a deep breath and play better. That atmosphere in Pittsburgh will be insane, though.

But I do believe that the Steelers walk over them.

44 minutes ago, BayAreaBmore said:

Exactly. 

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

Exactly. 

Eh.

Whoever we played would have been able to gash us all day on the ground, connect on a few big passing plays, and then once we took the lead late in the 4th quarter, they would have scored the winning touchdown on 4th down with under a minute left.

I wish the Ravens would have made it but I don't think the quality of the games this weekend means we would have gone into either city and won those games.

Edited by Pickle20

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Pickle20 said:

Eh.

Whoever we played would have been able to gash us all day on the ground, connect on a few big passing plays, and then once we took the lead late in the 4th quarter, they would have scored the winning touchdown on 4th down with under a minute left.

This is true. And the Ravens offense wouldn’t even start picking up first downs until the 2nd half. 

I do think they’d be able to give Pats and Steelers a better game than these other teams but most likely woulda blown it in the end anyway. 

That Divisional game in NE four years ago (I think it was four years ago) still infuriates me for so many reasons. Ravens up twice by two TDs but as always can’t close it out. Patriots of course cheated with that eligible/ ineligible receiver BS.  Ravens had a chance to score at end but Flacco threw him awful deep lob pass to corner of end zone which was intercepted. Such a stupid low percentage pass which wasn’t necessary in the that situation.  So dumb  

Edited by BayAreaBmore

14 hours ago, BayAreaBmore said:

This is true. And the Ravens offense wouldn’t even start picking up first downs until the 2nd half. 

I do think they’d be able to give Pats and Steelers a better game than these other teams but most likely woulda blown it in the end anyway. 

That Divisional game in NE four years ago (I think it was four years ago) still infuriates me for so many reasons. Ravens up twice by two TDs but as always can’t close it out. Patriots of course cheated with that eligible/ ineligible receiver BS.  Ravens had a chance to score at end but Flacco threw him awful deep lob pass to corner of end zone which was intercepted. Such a stupid low percentage pass which wasn’t necessary in the that situation.  So dumb  

Lee Evans. :smdh:

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Saw a lot of similar plays in the Cincinnati game...late and behind the receiver....need to draft a qb this year.  No coincidence Woodhead and Maclin had bad yearss...Flacco is shot.

Edited by RileyMartin

On 1/8/2018 at 10:15 AM, WhatintheHell said:

Can't agree there. I'd rather have Flacco over Bortles anyday. I would say Smith and Flacco are equal.  

Smith is much more accurate, has a much higher completion percentage, is much smarter and works much harder.  Mute point..stuck with Flacco for at least one more year.  

He is a nice stop gap for a young draft pick with upside...Allen, Jackson or Rudolph will be available.

Edited by RileyMartin

8 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

Smith is much more accurate, has a much higher completion percentage, is much smarter and works much harder.  Mute point..stuck with Flacco for at least one more year.  

He is a nice stop gap for a young draft pick with upside...Allen, Jackson or Rudolph will be available.

Smith would be a better fit in Marty ball .....

What good is Joe's cannon and concrete feet if we never throw down the field and aren't looking for the qb to stay in the pocket .....

Reminds me of when I was at MD and they tried to make 6'8" Tice a roll out qb .....

8 hours ago, RileyMartin said:

2 yrs to not have the cap take a beating.

On 1/9/2018 at 8:59 AM, Rob said:

Yes that was the year before the SB run. Devastating loss as well in the AFC Championship.

The game I’m talking about was a year or two after in divisional round.  Another blown game at NE

Edited by BayAreaBmore