Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastside Terp

Panthers v Saints

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Saints have all kinds of offensive weapons ......

Lots of good receivers, drafted, free agents, uundrafted free agents .....

Ravens can't seem to develop 1 decent receiver and they have many .....

How much of it is Brees v Flacco and the other weak raven qbs over the years .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What really killed Carolina was settling for field goals four straight times in the first half (and missing a chippie) instead of putting up touchdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.....

Great play by mcaferry but he also got run over trying to block on that critical play on that last drive .....

Not sure he belongs in the backfield .....

Saints deserved to lose and dodge a bullet after going for that on 4th down at midfield.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdrunning said:

What really killed Carolina was settling for field goals four straight times in the first half (and missing a chippie) instead of putting up touchdowns.

Missing a chip shot in a dome is even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Manny said:

Missing a chip shot in a dome is even worse.

And that was after the wr dropped the TD pass cam put right in his hands ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eastside Terp said:

Yep.....

Great play by mcaferry but he also got run over trying to block on that critical play on that last drive .....

Not sure he belongs in the backfield .....

Saints deserved to lose and dodge a bullet after going for that on 4th down at midfield.....

Carolina compounded it by actually intercepting the ball. The Saints got what they wanted, which was in essence a punt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eastside Terp said:

And that was after the wr dropped the TD pass cam put right in his hands ....

Speaking of drops, Buffalo couldn’t catch anything today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sometimes things leave me speechless that the league didn't at least review something.  Today it was that Brees throw on 4th and 2 late that was intercepted and fumbled out of bounds.

The announcers didn't question it, so there was no review.  Later, when the announcers questioned why the 10 second run-off wasn't being enforced, the league managed to send some mysterious sideline bonus ref out to correct the mistake.

Watch that play and ask yourself... if that same ball was thrown and a WR hauled it in instead of a DB... would the refs have called it a completion and let the next play go off without review?  He only had it for a fraction of a second before it came out.  Under two minutes, CAR couldn't challenge it themselves even if they had 10 timeouts (which is hands down the stupidest aspect of the NFL's ridiculous replay rules).  Personally, you could never convince me that if the announcing crew had quickly questioned whether that was REALLY a completed catch, that the mysterious bonus official wouldn't have somehow stopped the game and at LEAST initiated a review.

Edited by Ravens2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ravens2006 said:

Sometimes things leave me speechless that the league didn't at least review something.  Today it was that Brees throw on 4th and 2 late that was intercepted and fumbled out of bounds.

The announcers didn't question it, so there was no review.  Later, when the announcers questioned why the 10 second run-off wasn't being enforced, the league managed to send some mysterious sideline bonus ref out to correct the mistake.

Watch that play and ask yourself... if that same ball was thrown and a WR hauled it in instead of a DB... would the refs have called it a completion and let the next play go off without review?  He only had it for a fraction of a second before it came out.  Under two minutes, CAR couldn't challenge it themselves even if they had 10 timeouts (which is hands down the stupidest aspect of the NFL's ridiculous replay rules).  Personally, you could never convince me that if the announcing crew had quickly questioned whether that was REALLY a completed catch, that the mysterious bonus official wouldn't have somehow stopped the game and at LEAST initiated a review.

Interesting that you bring this up.  In the Buffalo/Jacksonville game something happened that was similar.  Late in the 4th quarter Taylor completed a pass to the sideline.  The receiver stepped out of bounds and came back in.  Jacksonville wasn't going to challenge, but then Romo looking at the replay said there was no doubt he stepped out before coming back in to catch the ball.  Almost immediately after he said that, Jacksonville through the flag and won the challenge.  I guarantee the guys upstairs monitor the broadcast and relay the information to the coach.  But you really have to wonder about the announcing team's ability to influence the game.  If Romo isn't so sure about that I really wonder if Jacksonville would have challenged that play.  

Edited by cprenegade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ravens2006 said:

Sometimes things leave me speechless that the league didn't at least review something.  Today it was that Brees throw on 4th and 2 late that was intercepted and fumbled out of bounds.

The announcers didn't question it, so there was no review.  Later, when the announcers questioned why the 10 second run-off wasn't being enforced, the league managed to send some mysterious sideline bonus ref out to correct the mistake.

Watch that play and ask yourself... if that same ball was thrown and a WR hauled it in instead of a DB... would the refs have called it a completion and let the next play go off without review?  He only had it for a fraction of a second before it came out.  Under two minutes, CAR couldn't challenge it themselves even if they had 10 timeouts (which is hands down the stupidest aspect of the NFL's ridiculous replay rules).  Personally, you could never convince me that if the announcing crew had quickly questioned whether that was REALLY a completed catch, that the mysterious bonus official wouldn't have somehow stopped the game and at LEAST initiated a review.

Carolina should have had that ball at @midfield (Saints line of scrimmage).  It became kind of a moot point because the first play from scrimmage took little time and got the ball to midfield anyway, but the point remains the same; there is no way that was a "completed" interception. In fact, I thought at first look the DB had a stroke of genius and dropped it purposely.

The officiating all weekend was poor.  And these were "All-Star" crews?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mdrunning said:

Carolina compounded it by actually intercepting the ball. The Saints got what they wanted, which was in essence a punt.

16 yard punt but I guess it was enough ....

Usually teams rake a deep shot if they want a punt.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0