Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatBoy

Oprah 2020

292 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, TheBaldGuy said:

No way.

She would want to say, you get a pardon, you get a pardon, everyone gets a pardon.

And a new car .......

5 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

You have any in mind?

For reasons we are all well aware of most Republicans in Hollywood keep a very low profile so the list is short. 

Just now, flyboy56 said:

For reasons we are all well aware of most Republicans in Hollywood keep a very low profile so the list is short. 

That's not true. Didn't Clint Eastwood talk to a chair?

Harrison Ford would make a great one. Just don't let him fly small planes ......

7 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

That's not true. Didn't Clint Eastwood talk to a chair?

Clint's too old to run .......

Would be fun to hear him tell the press, " get off my lawn ..."

3 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

She makes this speech about women then her background shows her catering to Weinstein. She was part of the problem.

I saw the meme going around the internet. It's a huge stretch there. I guess some people are angry  that a woman can give a powerful speech. She, like many others in show business had associated with Weinstein. Has she backed him since everything came out?

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

I saw the meme going around the internet. It's a huge stretch there. I guess some people are angry  that a woman can give a powerful speech. She, like many others in show business had associated with Weinstein. Has she backed him since everything came out?

Did she use his influence to her advantage ..???

Of course they all did.

Just now, stevez51 said:

Of course they all did.

And what is your point?

Just now, ncbirdfan said:

And what is your point?

Calling women to rise up against the same things she used to her advantage .......

3 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Calling women to rise up against the same things she used to her advantage .......

Wow! Now I understand. :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, stevez51 said:

Maybe Weinstein never hit on her and she wasn't aware of what he did to other women at the time.

9 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

Maybe Weinstein never hit on her and she wasn't aware of what he did to other women at the time.

Really?

Before all this went down even I heard stories about Weinstein.

SNL had jokes about it.

She may very well have not known FIRST hand but they all knew about him.

Not to mention all the crap she's said will be brought back up.

God Bless her .

At least she's not a politician......I can get behind that .

5 minutes ago, Baltimatt said:

She's in the business. She knew.  Others in the business have publicly spoken about it for several years now, just like they did about Bill Cosby. 

People ignored it because Weinstein correctly thought that he was too powerful, and he was right..for a while.

I'm looking forward to Woody Allen to be ostracized by Hollyweird.  That it's taking so long is the true test of the sincerity of the Me Too protests.  Same thing goes for Roman Polanski. 

It's no different than being lectured about bad behavior by hypocrites like Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg who also knew.

https://www.snopes.com/joy-behar-grabbed-robin-williams-by-the-crotch/

Still, I'd probably vote for Oprah just to see how the media reports any fights between Gayle and Steadman in the White House over access. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Ode2Joy said:

She's in the business. She knew.  Others in the business have publicly spoken about it for several years now, just like they did about Bill Cosby. 

People ignored it because Weinstein correctly thought that he was too powerful, and he was right..for a while.

I'm looking forward to Woody Allen to be ostracized by Hollyweird.  That it's taking so long is the true test of the sincerity of the Me Too protests.  Same thing goes for Roman Polanski. 

It's no different than being lectured about bad behavior by hypocrites like Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg who also knew.

https://www.snopes.com/joy-behar-grabbed-robin-williams-by-the-crotch/

Yeah so now that HWood has had their collective [butts] handed to them they celebrate themselves and selflessly  all wear black.

What a crock.

The same people that still employee Woody Allen,gleefully sign up to work for him,etc....

Also the same trash that gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation.

Yep......Hypocrisy exposed again.

Edited by Baltimatt
Language

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

Yeah so now that HWood has had their collective [butts] handed to them they celebrate themselves and selflessly  all wear black.

What a crock.

The same people that still employee Woody Allen,gleefully sign up to work for him,etc....

Also the same trash that gave Roman Polanski a standing ovation.

Yep......Hypocrisy exposed again.

Meryl Streep is a prime example. So is Justin Timberlake.  Rose McGowan called them out and nailed them and their hypocrisy perfectly. You think that George Clooney didn't know after his buddy Brad Pitt threatened Weinstein over his then-girlfriend Paltrow?  Of course they knew.  Many of those people are friends and talk.  No way they didn't know.

Edited by Baltimatt
Language in quote

19 hours ago, ncbirdfan said:

Republicans are always claiming to be anti-Hollywood. but when you think about it, the only celebrity candidates that have run for president have been Republicans.

I'd say Al Franken but that really doesn't count anymore.  

51 minutes ago, SemiAuto said:

I'd say Al Franken but that really doesn't count anymore.  

Franken ran for president?

1 hour ago, stevez51 said:

Of course they all did.

You do realize that Weinstein had an entire apparatus set up specifically designed to make sure people outside the organization would have no idea what he was up to?  You get that right?

6 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

Franken ran for president?

Fair enough.   Whatever his political ambitions were, they're over now.

1 minute ago, banner1124 said:

You do realize that Weinstein had an entire apparatus set up specifically designed to make sure people outside the organization would have no idea what he was up to?  You get that right?

You do realize comments where made about him years ago as jokes but no one cared. People knew what was going on but as long as they got what they wanted from him didn't care.

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

Really?

Before all this went down even I heard stories about Weinstein.

SNL had jokes about it.

She may very well have not known FIRST hand but they all knew about him.

Not to mention all the crap she's said will be brought back up.

God Bless her .

At least she's not a politician......I can get behind that .

People will go to great lengths to excuse rapists and predators.

Just now, stevez51 said:

You do realize comments where made about him years ago as jokes but no one cared. People knew what was going on but as long as they got what they wanted from him didn't care.

Comments and jokes are one thing... actual proof is another.  Do you really expect someone to take on a powerful Hollywood mogul like Weinstein armed only with jokes?

Just now, Boobie said:

People will go to great lengths to excuse rapists and predators.

And they still cheer Roman Polanski ......