Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tooldtocare

God’s biblical instructions on the does & don’ts

23 posts in this topic

God’s biblical instructions on the does & don’ts

I created a web link that covers the Lord (God) instructing the Israelite people on how to live their lives. God told them what to do and not to do in the form of a series of verses. Those verses and their intent is covered in this link along with present day actions the Israelite’s have done that is in violation to God’s instructions to them.

It is quite possible that I have misinterpreted the verses I used or the intent which I applied to them. For this reason, I am creating this forum for fellow posters to make comments and suggestions on how I can improve the site either by adding to or substracting from its content. Or just to express your view of the site in general.

The site address is www.universalknowledge.net

Anyway, I am all ears, good or bad. I am a big boy I can handle it so go for it.

"The Bible says Love thy Neighbor as you Love thyself! What? Now I gotta jerk him off too?" - Rodney Dangerfield

Edited by Bartman

God? I grew up in the church....my sisters and brothers attend church regularly....myself, I could never quite understand it. My great uncle use to say, 'God will not put more on you than you can bear'...yet people snap everyday, sometimes killing others in the process. There are times I don't watch the news for this reason.

I ask myself constantly, if there is a God...why are kids killed daily....why do some criminals get away with crime...why are people enjoying a concert mowed down like clay targets. Why is there so much evil in the world. Why?

Another my uncle (and I have nothing but respect for my uncle) use to say 'God is a merciful God'.:huh:

Note: not knocking what others believe......just my rant.

Was brought up Roman Catholic. As I remember we went to Mass every morning before school and were expected to come again with the whole family on Sunday AM. That was back when they still did it in Latin. Went to Holy Rosary a couple times with my Grandparents and they were doing the Mass in Polish! That really Lost me, I was just getting the Latin straightened out! After that I basically left it all behind. Figured 8 years of that pretty much made my Quota of going to church for the rest of my Life! Not that I'm a Genius but I've read up enough about Space, Astronomy & Astrophysics ( I'm a Big SF Fan!) and all that down to 10x -43 seconds after the Big Bang, Quarks, Gluons, Leptons, the Higgs Boson and all that. I just can't see any place taken by any Supreme Being or any Intelligent Design. We're here for a while then we're Gone. Unless you do something Great or on the other hand Terrible or become a Leader of some Nation, most recorded History won't include you. In 3 maybe 4 generations, even in your own family, it's likely that no one will know you ever existed. We're here for a while then we're Gone. Best thing you can try to do in your Life is that well, this is your One Shot, just don't screw it up! That's all you can do. For Most of us, it's not like you're really gonna make all that much difference in anything. The world will still go on without you. That's about it!

15 hours ago, ODENTON said:

God? I grew up in the church....my sisters and brothers attend church regularly....myself, I could never quite understand it. My great uncle use to say, 'God will not put more on you than you can bear'...yet people snap everyday, sometimes killing others in the process. There are times I don't watch the news for this reason.

I ask myself constantly, if there is a God...why are kids killed daily....why do some criminals get away with crime...why are people enjoying a concert mowed down like clay targets. Why is there so much evil in the world. Why?

Another my uncle (and I have nothing but respect for my uncle) use to say 'God is a merciful God'.:huh:

Note: not knocking what others believe......just my rant.

Many times, my thoughts exactly. 

Everyone is Different. Some of us Snap under the pressure, some don't and just let it eat them out from the inside. Which side do You fall into? There was a time when some people thought I would go off but it never happened because I'm just not that kind of person. I might Talk Big but that's about it. I'm the type that it will all eat me up from the inside and everyone will say at my grave that's just too bad. Then again it just might be a thought that I could leave some kind of Legacy even a Bad one. Who Knows? That guy in LV had a big house north of LV, was supposedly well off but was stuck on Video Poker. Maybe he should have bought Bob Dancers' VP Strategy Cards! If I had That kind of Money I think I'd be Happy as a Pig in you know what but you never know. And that's the way it goes. Any God or whatever you might believe in has nothing to do with it. We're just People and some can't deal with whatever after a while. As they say, Nobody's Perfect!

On 1/10/2018 at 6:18 PM, Bartman said:

"The Bible says Love thy Neighbor as you Love thyself! What? Now I gotta jerk him off too?" - Rodney Dangerfield

How many people have you jerked off-?

just asking

no malice intended or implied, just asking

Here is some of the do does--------------------

(Mal 3:5 KJV)  And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Deu 24:19 KJV)  When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV)  When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV)  When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Jer 7:6 KJV)  If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV)  Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Ezek 22:7 KJV)  In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

(Zec 7:10 KJV)  And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV)  Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJV)  Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV)  But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV)  And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

(Deu 1:16 KJV)  And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:18 KJV)  He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJV)  Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

The do not do comes next

5 hours ago, tooldtocare said:

How many people have you jerked off-?

just asking

no malice intended or implied, just asking

That was a Rodney Dangerfield joke!

The answer is just myself but maybe I could count a couple GFs

25And you, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,

26Thus says the Lord GOD; Remove the turban, and take off the crown: this shall not remain the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.

27I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he comes whose right it is; and I will give it to him.

31And I will pour out my indignation upon you, I will blow against you in the fire of my wrath, and deliver you into the hand of brutal men, skilful to destroy.

32You shall be for fuel to the fire; your blood shall be in the midst of the land; you shall be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

What the Lord told them not to do but being guds themselves do they really care?

Spitting update

Reality is at your door. Muslims do not do the following & now you know who does

Oct 12, 2004 - Christians in Jerusalem Want Jews to Stop Spitting on Them. A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window.

Apr 7, 2010 - A very embarrassing and persistent problem has arisen in some of the sacred sites in Jerusalem where Christians and Jews cross each other's paths. Teenagers from a small sector of the city's many Ultra-Orthodox (“Haredi”) Ashkenazi Jewish communities have taken to spitting at clerics wearing prominent ...

ADL: Spitting at Christians a 'repulsive act'. Jewish group calls on Israel's Chief Rabbinate to denounce decades-old ultra-Orthodox practice of spitting at Christian clergymen on the street. 'This is a hateful act of persecution against another faith group'. Ynetnews|Published: 15.12.11 , 15:19. The Anti-Defamation League ...

Apr 28, 2016 - RIO DE JANEIRO – An acclaimed Brazilian theater director who recently put on a successful production of “Fiddler on the Roof” compared a lawmaker who spit on a colleague to Orthodox Jews, whom he said routinely spit on Christians. Claudio Botelho made the remarks last week on Facebook, according ...

Jan 31, 2013 - 
The oppression of Christians in Israel comes mostly from Ultra-Orthodox Jews; though a minority in the country, the religious group has a major influence. In February, several Israeli newspapers had reports on the growing oppression. The spitting is especially a problem for priests and pastors who stand out with their ...

Oct 16, 2004 - Jerusalem's Christian community has demanded that Jewish leaders and the Israeli government take action against what they claim is growing harassment of their clergy by religious Jews.Christians say ultra-Orthodox Jewish students spit at them or at the ground when they pass. There have also been ...
› ... › Social Justice Ministries

Jul 27, 2017 - 6 posts - 1 author
Googled “spitting on Christians” and I got 632000 results (0.34 seconds). Can you guess who the spitter's were/are? As a Christian does this trouble... › The Magazine › 2004 › December

Shirvanian said spitting against Christian clergyman had been going on for years. He said the assailants are religious Jews—men, women, teens, and children. "This shows that it is a phenomenon that is prevailing in their religious education and it should be corrected," he said. Daniel Rossing, director of the Jerusalem ...

Jan 16, 2012 - The Anti-Defamation League has refused to accept the explanation by the Israeli Chief Rabbinate about its efforts to combat the phenomenon of Ultra-Orthodox Jews spitting at Christianclergymen in Jerusalem's Old City. While the Rabbinate asserts the ADL is “misguided' in publicly lashing out at the ...

You are what you are 

On 1/11/2018 at 8:17 AM, ODENTON said:

God? I grew up in the church....I ask myself constantly, if there is a God...

The fact that you are asking the question proves there is a God. (:-

I prefer Einstein, Steven Hawking and Lawrence Krauss and to a degree Neil DeGrasse Tyson though sometimes I find him to be a bit of a Blowhard.

If you have 2 hours to spare...

1 hour ago, Bartman said:

I prefer Einstein, Steven Hawking and Lawrence Krauss and to a degree Neil DeGrasse Tyson though sometimes I find him to be a bit of a Blowhard.

If you have 2 hours to spare...

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, tooldtocare said:

not really

On 1/14/2018 at 8:26 PM, tooldtocare said:

How so?

Because I ask that also...if there is a god, how can he allow (fill in the blank daily) to happen? 

33 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

How so?

Because I ask that also...if there is a god, how can he allow (fill in the blank daily) to happen? 

Simple enough, because His name is in your mind or you would not have thought it or typed it; if "it" didn't exist

Edited by tooldtocare

Just now, tooldtocare said:

Simple enough, because His name is in your mind or you would not have thought it or typed it; if it didn't exist

Thanks to weird tv shows, Bigfoot is in my  mind too. But I’m positive he doesn’t exist. 

43 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Thanks to weird tv shows, Bigfoot is in my  mind too. But I’m positive he doesn’t exist. 

I often wonder if Bigfoot, if he does exist, has a soul. 

3 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I often wonder if Bigfoot, if he does exist, has a soul. 

To have a soul you have to know right from wrong; good or bad. Bigfoot has neither.

in my view

40 minutes ago, tooldtocare said:

To have a soul you have to know right from wrong; good or bad. Bigfoot has neither.

in my view

How do you know what Bigfoot knows or doesn't know?  It's obvious that you believe in Bigfoot or else you wouldn't have said that.

Bible = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.