Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ode2Joy

Teens Charged As Adults In Overlea Armed Carjacking

32 posts in this topic

http://www.wbal.com/article/286692/124/teens-charged-as-adults-in-overlea-armed-carjacking

Baltimore County police have arrested three teenagers in connection with an armed carjacking of a 69-year-old man Wednesday in the Overlea area.

Officers were called around 10:30 p.m. to the 4200 block of Cardwell Avenue, where a man was attacked by six people. Police said the assailants told the victim that they would shoot him. Police said the assailants stole the victim's car and his belongings as well, as they drove over the man with his own car as they fled.

Darian Maurice Hicks, 16, has been charged as an adult with second-degree attempted murder, first- and second-degree assault, armed carjacking, carjacking and theft.

Taizjuan Eliza Waddell and Kimani William Graham, both 16, have each been charged with armed carjacking, carjacking, armed robbery, robbery, first- and second-degree assault, unlawful taking of a motor vehicle and theft.

Two other stolen cars were recovered in northeast Baltimore.

This must be what another poster referred to when he talked about "imaginary lines" between the city and the county. 

10:30 PM on a school night too.  Their parents must have been worried sick over their whereabouts. 

Posted (edited)

Speedy recovery to the victim. Glad they caught the perps. Let’s hope they do some time. 

Edited by Baltimatt
Calling an altie

31 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

http://www.wbal.com/article/286692/124/teens-charged-as-adults-in-overlea-armed-carjacking

Two other stolen cars were recovered in northeast Baltimore.

This must be what another poster referred to when he talked about "imaginary lines" between the city and the county. 

10:30 PM on a school night too.  Their parents must have been worried sick over their whereabouts.

Dutch Village? The parents were probably driving the other two cars. :rolleyes:

Really the Baltimore PD like that of in the Chicago PD need to be retrain and need to have a major overhaul. In order to stop criminals hurting the innocent.

1 minute ago, JPPT1974 said:

Really the Baltimore PD like that of in the Chicago PD need to be retrain and need to have a major overhaul. In order to stop criminals hurting the innocent.

How would the police prevent criminals from hurting the innocent? 

1 hour ago, Marshan Man said:

Let’s hope they do some time

I would say the chances of that are pretty slim.

3 minutes ago, overtaxed said:

I would say the chances of that are pretty slim.

And thus is the problem we’re all sick and tired of. 

13 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

The crime happened in Baltimore County. 

Baltimore County's Judicial system isn't a joke like Baltimore City's. The judges there don't play games.

I hope that they do get tried as adults and get sent away for a long time. So long that when they are released they will be able to file for Social Security!!

Speedy and full recovery to the victim. They ran over the man. Seems like attempted murder to me.

7 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Am I wrong was it that bad? I can go to a dozen threads on Nats and find threads that have been ugly and continue to be ugly for weeks.

And I doubt the originator closed it down since he had no reason to.

It wasn't that bad. I would imagine these posts questioning why the others were removed will be gone soon.

Should be a required school field trip in 6th grade.

16 minutes ago, naive said:

It wasn't that bad. I would imagine these posts questioning why the others were removed will be gone soon.

No doubt. 

5 minutes ago, workerbee said:

Doesn't work on Zombies

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Your kidding right?

Edited by Guido2

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, jonsensback said:

Doesn't work on Zombies

I grew up in a small town. The PD had 6 cells in the basement of the courthouse. Every summer the rec dept. had a field trip to those cells and the rest of the PD cars and stuff also. Well, part of the tour (generally about 20 kids or so) well 6 kids got locked in individual cells while the remainder of the group went on tour....then they returned....swapped 6. These were not cages....there were esscentially large closets with a steel door and a peep hole. So for all extents and purposes YOU WERE ALONE.

Locked all the jail doors....and the main cell door....and left us for about 15 minutes. Srrreccchhh, boooom, clink clunk thunk....steps walking away to main door.....Srrreccchhh, boooom, clink clunk thunk.

Yah think it made an impression on me....that I can remember that detail? DAMN RIGHT!!!!!

To my knowledge NOT ONE KID ever got in trouble. I went through being locked up and left alone.....very very scary feeling. You think 'oh well they'll come back.....but then you think....oh poop....suppose they forgot us. Yes, 10 year old minds work that way.

Edited by Guido2

1 hour ago, workerbee said:

What, so they can visit with family and friends?

3 minutes ago, PinkFlamingo said:

What, so they can visit with family and friends?

Well the 'family' that is jailed together stays together. :lol:

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

I grew up in a small town. The PD had 6 cells in the basement of the courthouse. Every summer the rec dept. had a field trip to those cells and the rest of the PD cars and stuff also. Well, part of the tour (generally about 20 kids or so) well 6 kids got locked in individual cells while the remainder of the group went on tour....then they returned....swapped 6. These were not cages....there were esscentially large closets with a steel door and a peep hole. So for all extents and purposes YOU WERE ALONE.

Locked all the jail doors....and the main cell door....and left us for about 15 minutes. Srrreccchhh, boooom, clink clunk thunk....steps walking away to main door.....Srrreccchhh, boooom, clink clunk thunk.

Yah think it made an impression on me....that I can remember that detail? DAMN RIGHT!!!!!

To my knowledge NOT ONE KID ever got in trouble. I went through being locked up and left alone.....very very scary feeling. You think 'oh well they'll come back.....but then you think....oh poop....suppose they forgot us. Yes, 10 year old minds work that way.

WAAAY back in the day when I played little league football the championship game was played at "the cut" in jessup. 

Just driving up to the place was frightening and I distinctly remember the sights, smells and sounds of the place-especially the finality of the steel slamming shut behind me.

Convinced me that I never wanted to go back for any reason.

Wow. The other thread completely gone now. Talk about a clean-up!

19 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

And thus is the problem we’re all sick and tired of. 

Well, most of us. 

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/01/09/carjacking-victim-wife/

More information.  

The victim has nine more days in Shock Trauma followed by six months in rehab at another facility because they broke his pelvis when they ran over him. 

The six jumped and beat the man, threatened to kill him before running over him and all he did was go out to his car to get something.

Now WJZ is reporting that a Comcast employee captured the entire attack on video.

Let’s hope they show it.  People have become all to immune to just reading about stories like this.  Seeing it brings the whole bit of savagery out in the open and might lead to the arrest of the other two who are still on the loose.

I hope they lock up the miserable little turds that did this to the victim and throw away the key. Only six filthy animals would gang up on a 69 year old man, beat him, and then run over him with his own car. Anybody who would try to come up with "explanations" (in other words, excuses) for such animalistic behaviors other than a complete lack of values on the part of whomever birthed out these monsters and their inability to raise a child into a decent human being needs to have their head unplugged from the dark orifice where it resides, in my humble opinion. But rest assured there will be bleeding hearts that come to the defense of these ignorant monsters and their parents. Disgusting. :mad:

Edited by Papi

35 minutes ago, Papi said:

I hope they lock up the miserable little turds that did this to the victim and throw away the key. Only six filthy animals would gang up on a 69 year old man, beat him, and then run over him with his own car. Anybody who would try to come up with "explanations" (in other words, excuses) for such animalistic behaviors other than a complete lack of values on the part of whomever birthed out these monsters and their inability to raise a child into a decent human being needs to have their head unplugged from the dark orifice where it resides, in my humble opinion. But rest assured there will be bleeding hearts that come to the defense of these ignorant monsters and their parents. Disgusting. :mad:

There are some who seem to think that we need less awareness of crimes like this, but I agree with you.

Ignoring stories like this is like ignoring cancer and pretending that it's going to go away and not worsen. 

38 minutes ago, Papi said:

VERY difficult not to agree with all of the above...