Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jtowne-swim

Kansas Republican shares thoughts on decriminalized marijuana!

45 posts in this topic

I don't think pot smokers can be trusted, generally.

12 minutes ago, com6063 said:

:lol:

13 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Wow, please tell me that this isn't a serious comment, because if it is it is frightening.

46 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

Sounds like a throwback to an era that is long gone, and should be. Of course some posters will say it still does exist just like that but I think except for the outliers (like some posters here are outliers the other way) it does not exist like it did even 50 years ago.

14 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I know plenty of non-pot smokers who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw them!

Talk about profiling a group of people in a thread about profiling a group of people.

1 minute ago, Woodbuchr said:

Sounds like a throwback to an era that is long gone, and should be. Of course some posters will say it still does exist just like that but I think except for the outliers (like some posters here are outliers the other way) it does not exist like it did even 50 years ago.

It definitely doesn't exist like it did even 50 years ago, but you have to at least admit that it's still not yet as "fringy" as you'd like to believe.  This sort of attitude is way more prevalent than we realized.

You pretty much know how ugly it is going to be when "Kansas" and "Republican" are in the title.

What a worthless piece of garbage, maybe even as bad as the puke funnels that voted for him.

Just now, banner1124 said:

It definitely doesn't exist like it did even 50 years ago, but you have to at least admit that it's still not yet as "fringy" as you'd like to believe.  This sort of attitude is way more prevalent than we realized.

I think the Archie Bunker attitude that Blacks are inferior because of genetics thing is fringy. I freely admit racism exists and is prevalent from several angles. I just don't think racists think like that now, they just hate for perceived slights. That's just the impression I get from most of the posts of the some of the more racially vocal posters and some racists I have known, and not all from one race.

You know "Blacks get everything for nothing"-or "That's White privilege for you", etc. ect.

31 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Including the ones taking it for cancer and seizure disorders? 

20 minutes ago, Woodbuchr said:

I think the Archie Bunker attitude that Blacks are inferior because of genetics thing is fringy. I freely admit racism exists and is prevalent from several angles. I just don't think racists think like that now, they just hate for perceived slights. That's just the impression I get from most of the posts of the some of the more racially vocal posters and some racists I have known, and not all from one race.

You know "Blacks get everything for nothing"-or "That's White privilege for you", etc. ect.

This guy clearly thinks that now!

48 minutes ago, com6063 said:

What about those using it medicinally?

50 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I've heard people say that about religious folks too.

47 minutes ago, com6063 said:

Maybe you and the Kansas legislator need to compare notes and see who is the winner of your clueless contest.

Its really close IMO.

49 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I feel the same way about 'Christians', especially my old sect, the Catholics.

'Good social company, but watch your wife and wallet...

50 minutes ago, com6063 said:

I don’t trust people who generalize.........

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, jtowne-swim said:

This guy clearly thinks that now!

Obviously, but as I said I think he is a throwback to, what I think is thankfully, a bygone era. I think he is much a throwback as some posters here who think "Whitey" is out to get them. I also think both, and I hope I'm right, are a minority in their respective races.

Edited by Woodbuchr

He might have added that he has learned, also, that the percentage of whites and Blacks smoking pot is pretty much the same, its just that Blacks get arrested for it much more, but those are probably not words his constituents want to hear.

Just now, Woodbuchr said:

Obviously, but as I said I think he is a throwback to, what is think is thankfully, a bygone era. I think he is much a throwback as some posters here who think "Whitey" is out to get them. I also think both, and I hope I'm right, are a minority in their respective races.

I think you are right.  I work with and have friends from diverse backgrounds and I don’t hear the garbage like that we use to decades ago.

People who cling to believes like the two you mentioned are slowly and surely being driven to irrelevance thankfully.

4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

He might have added that he has learned, also, that the percentage of whites and Blacks smoking pot is pretty much the same, its just that Blacks get arrested for it much more, but those are probably not words his constituents want to hear.

Approximately, 4 times as often.  " Despite roughly equal usage rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana."

https://www.aclu.org/gallery/marijuana-arrests-numbers

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, hst2 said:

Guess that era isn't so bygone afterall.

Except now there is another variable.  Funny that no one mentions the Hispanic arrest rates.  

Edited by EGoldstein

Such a pity Jimmy the Greek wasn't around to warn him about that sort of comment. :)

1 hour ago, com6063 said:

I'd trust a pot smoker before I'd trust a Catholic priest.