Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norman

Joe Arpaio, controversial sheriff pardoned by Trump, enters Arizona Senate race

70 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, songfourone said:

Can't make this crap up.......

Maybe Roy Moore will assist in campaigning for him.

;)

Nah.  The GOP would talk Moore into moving to New Mexico to run for senate.  

Trump pardoned him so his conviction isn't an issue, but his age certainly is. Probability of him not making it through his first term seems reasonably high to me.

I thought Trump was all in on Kelli Ward? I wonder if this will split the nut vote and allow a reasonable Republican to win. Maybe Flake should reconsider retirement.

2 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

So Joe enforces federal immigration laws and gets arrested for it but states break federal drug laws and nothing happens to them? The federal government is not above their own laws. They can't pick and choose which ones to enforce. Go Joe!

Joe is a criminal, FACT.

5 hours ago, Norman said:

So you think he's a good candidate?  Please elaborate on your lengthy post.

I would take him over some radical leftist like they elected in Alabama.

1 hour ago, songfourone said:

No shame in Arpaio's game.

He did it his way. You people got Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago etc. case closed.

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

:lol::lol: You sound even more ludicrous than usual and that's saying a whole helluva lot!

2 hours ago, Manny said:

They elected the guy who wasn't a child molester in Alabama. Say it that way and you sound less crazy. :)

7 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

So Joe enforces federal immigration laws and gets arrested for it but states break federal drug laws and nothing happens to them? The federal government is not above their own laws. They can't pick and choose which ones to enforce. Go Joe!

Joe disobeyed a federal court order multiple times!

6 hours ago, flyboy56 said:

So let the voters of Arizona decide if he's guilty of something just like the recent Alabama election. Juries and judges don't always get the verdict right. 

He is guilty. A court determined that!

5 hours ago, ms maggie said:

I didn't think felons could run for Congress? Or is criminal contempt not a felony?

No prohibition against it. I wonder can he vote?

4 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

I thought Trump was all in on Kelli Ward? I wonder if this will split the nut vote and allow a reasonable Republican to win. Maybe Flake should reconsider retirement.

No split if McCain doesn’t make it. (This is in no way a death wish but simply a reality)

Annoying Orange pardoned him. My understanding is that it's as if the crime never happened, for the purpose of his records.

37 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Annoying Orange pardoned him. My understanding is that it's as if the crime never happened, for the purpose of his records.

I don't think so. I think he's still considered guilty as sin, but he's just "pardoned". A reprieve, if you will.

1 hour ago, Evil Yoda said:

No I don't think you have that right. A presidential pardon might free somebody from the sentence handed down to them for the crime(s) they've committed, it does not expunge the conviction from their criminal record.

25 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

I don't think so. I think he's still considered guilty as sin, but he's just "pardoned". A reprieve, if you will.

Some definitions suggest "as if he were never convicted" while others simply say "freed of the punishment for a crime".

It's a moot point, really. If we forbade felons from running for office where would we get new Congressmen? :)

25 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Some definitions suggest "as if he were never convicted" while others simply say "freed of the punishment for a crime".

It's a moot point, really. If we forbade felons from running for office where would we get new Congressmen? :)

If I robbed the liquor store, stealing money and booze but I get a pardon from a high ranking official, it also doesn't erase the fact that I committed a crime even if I serve no punishment and my record is wiped clean. Same goes for this loser.

4 hours ago, Manny said:

He did it his way. You people got Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago etc. case closed.

He broke laws, was found guilty.

FACT.

10 minutes ago, ncbirdfan said:

If I robbed the liquor store, stealing money and booze but I get a pardon from a high ranking official, it also doesn't erase the fact that I committed a crime even if I serve no punishment and my record is wiped clean. Same goes for this loser.

In all seriousness, a felony conviction, whether or not a pardon was issued, should be a bar for holding Federal office. States can do what they like for their offices. States ought to create a rule saying that a state felony conviction is a bar to representing that state in a Federal office. We really don't need criminals holding elected office.

6 hours ago, Jimmy Jazz said:

There's also Senator McCain's status. Probabilities aren't on his side, but he's a tough dude so hopefully he'll pull through. If he doesn't there may be two seats this year that Republicans can lose Roy Moore style because of Ward and Arpaio.

1 minute ago, Evil Yoda said:

In all seriousness, a felony conviction, whether or not a pardon was issued, should be a bar for holding Federal office. States can do what they like for their offices. States ought to create a rule saying that a state felony conviction is a bar to representing that state in a Federal office. We really don't need criminals holding elected office.

Joe should take the gift he received from Trump and have the dignity to ride off into the sunset but he is no better than Roy Moore and his ridiculous refusal to concede the election.

What the hell is wrong with these people.

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Meanwhile, pardons are fine if the guilty party identifies with the preferred gender of the left.

3 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

Arpaio's issue is even worse than your typical felon; he was held in contempt for demonstrably (and quite vocally deliberately) violating the rights of US citizens. Just like Moore, given a position of public trust, he violated the rights of citizens openly. 

6 minutes ago, songfourone said:

Joe should take the gift he received from Trump and have the dignity to ride off into the sunset but he is no better than Roy Moore and his ridiculous refusal to concede the election.

He's 85. How long before Arizonans are voting again?