Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
finscreenname

This will make the SB fun

18 posts in this topic

Sounds like they are encouraging it .....

Controversy and anticipation may get some more folks to watch .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that should set the tone for 2018 ratings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The left supports kneeling for reasons other than their disdain for this country and protest’s ability to foster division. Football as a who is a no no for those people. First off, it is violent. Also it shows men in their toughest form. Leftists think men should emulate wimps like Barack Obama and Brian Frosh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pickle20 said:

This kneeling thing is so 2017.

Good one :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think NBC just wanted a story line between now and the Super Bowl. Controversy sells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, mdrunning said:

I think NBC just wanted a story line between now and the Super Bowl. Controversy sells.

Yea, that's what I figured .....

I bet Vegas even has a line on how many players kneel ......

I'll take the under 4 .....

Of course that will depend on the teams :) .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Manny said:

The left supports kneeling for reasons other than their disdain for this country and protest’s ability to foster division. Football as a who is a no no for those people. First off, it is violent. Also it shows men in their toughest form. Leftists think men should emulate wimps like Barack Obama and Brian Frosh. 

:lol:

You should stick to just discussing football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

:lol:

You should stick to just discussing football.

You people have brought politics into football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Manny said:

You people have brought politics into football. 

You get funnier and funnier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ivanbalt said:

You get funnier and funnier.

You are funny too, Ivan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps NBC realizes that there will never be a shortage of people who want Superbowl tickets. So they're putting a thumb in Trump's eye with this, knowing them showing it will enrage him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evil Yoda said:

Perhaps NBC realizes that there will never be a shortage of people who want Superbowl tickets. So they're putting a thumb in Trump's eye with this, knowing them showing it will enrage him.

The superbbowl is not for the fans ....

It's a week long event centered around corporate sponsors and other bigwigs .....

The majority of the folks there don't have a rooting interest .....

I had a great time at the Ravens first superbowl but don't think I would shell out even face value to go to one if my team wasn't playing .....

And I can't imagine shelling out those bucks to go to one in a cold weather local......

Spend the thousands to sit on a beach in Spain, go back to Napa or lots if other things better than Minnesota in February ......

I was in Minnesota in February a couple times, the -17 temp is still the coldest I have experience .....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eastside Terp said:

The superbbowl is not for the fans ....

It's a week long event centered around corporate sponsors and other bigwigs .....

The majority of the folks there don't have a rooting interest .....

I had a great time at the Ravens first superbowl but don't think I would shell out even face value to go to one if my team wasn't playing .....

And I can't imagine shelling out those bucks to go to one in a cold weather local......

Spend the thousands to sit on a beach in Spain, go back to Napa or lots if other things better than Minnesota in February ......

I was in Minnesota in February a couple times, the -17 temp is still the coldest I have experience .....

 

A friend of mine went to that game in Tampa. I don't know how season-ticket holders got Super Bowl tickets, but wasn't there some kind of lottery, because if I remember correctly, demand far outstripped the supply for that one.

He said it was a great experience (he and his wife were way the hell up in nose bleed), but he also said he wouldn't do it again even if he could get tickets. The seats in your own house are far better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdrunning said:

A friend of mine went to that game in Tampa. I don't know how season-ticket holders got Super Bowl tickets, but wasn't there some kind of lottery, because if I remember correctly, demand far outstripped the supply for that one.

He said it was a great experience (he and his wife were way the hell up in nose bleed), but he also said he wouldn't do it again even if he could get tickets. The seats in your own house are far better.

There was a lottery for psl holders as there was for the second raven sb in Nola ......

I have psls but didnt win either lottery but one of my friends did and I was his guest (we had a deal that we would take each other if either won since our wives weren't interested and our kids were young) .......

Coincidently, MD played duke on the Saturday before the sb and I sold my tickets on ebay before I went and that pretty much  paid for my sb trip since terp duke games were huge then....

We watched that terp duke game sat night with hundreds of ravens fans on the water at  whiskey Joe's which somehow had become the Ravens fans hang out in Tampa that week....

We lost when duke came back from 10 in the last minute and all us terps in Tampa were pretty bummed ....

2 months later I would be on Minnesota watching the terps blow a 20 point lead to duke in the final four ....

Got sidetracked there.. :)

That sb was unique because it was 2 eastcoat teams on the east coast and you could drive to the game pretty easily .....

Tampa was flooded with NY money that week - heck you can see the Yankee spring training facility from the Tampa stadium ......

Face value for our tickets was $350 and while we were watching the terps game at whiskey Joe's on sat night a giants fan came in and offered us $5,000 cash for our 2 tickets. ....

I looked at my friend and said it was his call since they were his tickets .....

But we were already there and in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that much money and it would soon be spent  but imagine if you had been in NY in 1958 and sold your tickets to a giant fan and missed the game people were still talking about .....

It was worth  it .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0