Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Will Trump respond to white athletes protest at the winter Olympics?

105 posts in this topic

When Lindsey Vonn looked toward the Pyeongchang Winter Games, which kick off in 30 days’ time, the Olympic gold-medalist seized the opportunity to slam Donald Trump: “I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the president.” She added: “I want to represent our country well. I don’t think that there are a lot of people currently in our government that do that.”

...when the 2017 NHL champions, the Pittsburgh Penguins, visited the White House last October, Trump praised the team as “incredible patriots” even though most of the players were not even Americans, but Canadians, Russians, Germans, Swedes and Finns. In Trump’s America, a white Russian migrant worker can be considered more of an American patriot than a peacefully protesting African American athlete.

...While we’ve seen a Trumplash against black athletes who dare to voice political opinions, there’s been conspicuous inaction from the president when white athletes have taken a stand. Witness Trump’s silence in the face of Vonn’s verbal jabs. Or when white Olympic fencer Race Imboden took a knee alongside his black team-mate Miles Chamley-Watson at the 2017 Fencing World Cup. Or when US soccer international Megan Rapinoe not only kneeled but insisted white athletes have a moral duty to show solidarity with black athletes.

Link

Pittsburgh Penguin story is too much. Classic Trump. 

“I hope to represent the people of the United States, not the president.” She added: “I want to represent our country well. I don’t think that there are a lot of people currently in our government that do that.”

What does she mean by currently?   If that means the last 50 years or so, maybe longer, then good for her.  They are politicians, which should be a synonym for scum bag.  They represent themselves #1, their party #2, and oh by the way, the people #3 if they get around to it.  Just do the us a favor, don't disrespect the flag or the country.  They are not defined by the political scum.  Do like some of the college players did the other night and yell "F Trump" if you want.  There should be no problem with that.  Most people should applaud them for thinking it through and deciding to send their message to the person and not disrespect the rest of the country.  

I pray someday we can put race behind us and live together as human beings.

58 minutes ago, com6063 said:

As it should be. 

6 hours ago, com6063 said:

Can it wait until after the 2020 election?  Trump can't afford to lose his base.

Will the libs ever stop trying to divide people by race?

Did Trump ever say AA athletes only?

Do only AA's kneel?

Thread fail

Edited by mcorioles

8 hours ago, com6063 said:

That would be nice, however, the people who voted for trump will pass on their racism to their children and so on.

1 minute ago, EgyptKang said:

That would be nice, however, the people who voted for trump will pass on their racism to their children and so on.

And the Libs that keep losing blame everything on race perpetuating it.

2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Do only AA's kneel?

Thread fail

...nobody has an answer?

2 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Do only AA's kneel?

Thread fail

Nope it's not only AA's that kneel.  And I don't understand the question "Did trump ever say AA athletes only"... gonna have to clarify that one.  What is clear is that when he chooses to respond to athletes via twitter it sure does seem like it's only AA athletes that seem to get his ire.

2 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Nope it's not only AA's that kneel.  And I don't understand the question "Did trump ever say AA athletes only"... gonna have to clarify that one.  What is clear is that when he chooses to respond to athletes via twitter it sure does seem like it's only AA athletes that seem to get his ire.

"Nope it's not only AA's that kneel".

Really?

You might want to change that.

Cant believe you even posted that.

"Fire the Sons of *****es"...........to clarify.

Edited by mcorioles

2 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Really?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/first-white-nfl-player-to-kneel-during-national-anthem-explains-his-decision/

https://www.theroot.com/houston-texans-players-including-white-teammates-knee-1819955775

Now, who might want to change what?

Edited by banner1124

6 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

There is only hundreds of other pics...........

You should know better by now.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/24/nfl-players-kneel-national-anthem-protest-photos/

Edited by mcorioles

4 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

There is only hundreds of other pics...........

You should know better by now.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/24/nfl-players-kneel-national-anthem-protest-photos/

None of what you posted changes the FACT that it's not only AA players that are kneeling now.  For the love of God please just admit that you got that one wrong

12 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Really?

"Fire the Sons of *****es"...........to clarify.

Yah know.....if my memory servers corectly.....there were more than a few white guys kneeling also....along the way.... I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Just now, banner1124 said:

None of what you posted changes the FACT that it's not only AA players that are kneeling now.  For the love of God please just admit that you got that one wrong

Why do you feel the need to lie in the face of irrefutable truth?

Just now, Guido2 said:

Yah know.....if my memory servers corectly.....there were more than a few white guys kneeling also....along the way.... I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Tell Banner that.......he's lying again.

2 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Tell Banner that.......he's lying again.

About what?

He said......... None of what you posted changes the FACT that it's not only AA players that are kneeling now.  For the love of God please just admit that you got that one wrong

Sorry I am confused to seem to be fighting with yourself.

4 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

About what?

He said......... None of what you posted changes the FACT that it's not only AA players that are kneeling now.  For the love of God please just admit that you got that one wrong

Sorry I am confused to seem to be fighting with yourself.

No,as usual the resident Libs here ALWAYS make ANYTHING they can about race.

Read Banners comment about who the Prez"ire" seems to be directed at according to Banner..........

Banner said...

"is that when he chooses to respond to athletes via twitter it sure does seem like it's only AA athletes that seem to get his ire".

Now if he had of not added that........I would have been fine with the rest of his post.

Edited by mcorioles

the NFL has big problems, the stadiums are half full, turning these sporting events into Black Lives Matter events every week will eventually change the salary structure in the league and value of all the franchises.   Keep kneeling.

9 hours ago, com6063 said:

Don't hold your breath. The white liberals will never give up that political sledgehammer. Without it they loose one of their most loyal voting blocks.

Getting back on topic;

First off a joke..........look for the sale of white leather gloves to skyrocket in the near future. :D

Second...........With everybody kneeling for various reasons the blurred messages are getting lost. I think it would be wise for ALL USA atheletes to make it very clear...somewhere along the line what they are kneeling about.

IMHO.... I don't think it is a stretch to think that any kneeling that is going on or will be going on at the games .....is no longer about the 'old' stuff. I think now that a kneel is in protest of Trump and the GOP and what our government is turning into. Protesting what America is being turned into.

Again IMHO.

Just now, mrdeltoid said:

Don't hold your breath. The white liberals will never give up that political sledgehammer. Without it they loose one of their most loyal voting blocks.

Of course.......same with the illegals 

3 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

No,as usual the resident Libs here ALWAYS make ANYTHING they can about race.

Read Banners comment about who the Prez"ire" seems to be directed at according to Banner..........

Banner said...

"is that when he chooses to respond to athletes via twitter it sure does seem like it's only AA athletes that seem to get his ire".

Now if he had of not added that........I would have been fine with the rest of his post.

You're response seemed to indicate you thought I was wrong about not only AA athletes kneeling.  I posted 2 links as irrefutable PROOF that it's NOT just AAs kneeling.  And as for the statement you just referenced I stand by it... when he calls out individual athletes to attack on twitter it sure does seem like it's only AA athletes he calls out.  How, exactly is that lying?  Seems to me like at this point you are arguing just for the sake of arguing