Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Will Trump respond to white athletes protest at the winter Olympics?

105 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, cprenegade said:

What does she mean by currently?   If that means the last 50 years or so, maybe longer, then good for her.  They are politicians, which should be a synonym for scum bag.  They represent themselves #1, their party #2, and oh by the way, the people #3 if they get around to it.  Just do the us a favor, don't disrespect the flag or the country.  They are not defined by the political scum.  Do like some of the college players did the other night and yell "F Trump" if you want.  There should be no problem with that.  Most people should applaud them for thinking it through and deciding to send their message to the person and not disrespect the rest of the country.  

Perhaps she is pointing out that those in power care more about placing the president above the law than in addressing the issues facing our country..

Just now, hst2 said:

Perhaps she is pointing out that those in power care more about placing the president above the law than in addressing the issues facing our country..

Like Bill and Hillary?

4 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Will the libs ever stop trying to divide people by race?

Did Trump ever say AA athletes only?

Do only AA's kneel?

Thread fail

He has only criticized Black athletes, as the article notes.

1 minute ago, hst2 said:

He has only criticized Black athletes, as the article notes.

Try to keep up.

1 hour ago, mcorioles said:

And the Libs that keep losing blame everything on race perpetuating it.

The evidence bears out that the most strident birther appealed to racists. Surprised?

"What’s different about the Voter Study Group is that it tracks the attitudes and votes of the same 8,000 adults since before the 2012 election, and then throughout the 2016 election. So it’s like the nation’s largest, longest political focus group showed...working-class whites flocked...to Trump. But the reason they did so in enough numbers for Trump to win wasn’t anxiety about the economy. It was anxiety about Mexicans, Muslims and blacks.

Here’s how they put it in academese: “What stands out most, however, is the attitudes that became more strongly related to the vote in 2016: attitudes about immigration, feelings toward black people, and feelings toward Muslims,” writes George Washington University professor John Sides. He notes that the media focused on less-educated whites, but negative racial attitudes fueled by Trump were a big motivator for college-educated whites, too.

“I’ve got three words for you: scared white people,” Parker says. “Every period of racial progress in this country is followed by a period of retrenchment. That’s what the 2016 election was about, and it was plain as it was happening.”

Link

1 hour ago, EgyptKang said:

That would be nice, however, the people who voted for trump will pass on their racism to their children and so on.

4 minutes ago, hst2 said:

The evidence bears out that the most strident birther appealed to racists. Surprised?

"What’s different about the Voter Study Group is that it tracks the attitudes and votes of the same 8,000 adults since before the 2012 election, and then throughout the 2016 election. So it’s like the nation’s largest, longest political focus group showed...working-class whites flocked...to Trump. But the reason they did so in enough numbers for Trump to win wasn’t anxiety about the economy. It was anxiety about Mexicans, Muslims and blacks.

Here’s how they put it in academese: “What stands out most, however, is the attitudes that became more strongly related to the vote in 2016: attitudes about immigration, feelings toward black people, and feelings toward Muslims,” writes George Washington University professor John Sides. He notes that the media focused on less-educated whites, but negative racial attitudes fueled by Trump were a big motivator for college-educated whites, too.

“I’ve got three words for you: scared white people,” Parker says. “Every period of racial progress in this country is followed by a period of retrenchment. That’s what the 2016 election was about, and it was plain as it was happening.”

Link

Didnt you just lie in the other thread and say "stay on topic"?

You seem confused.

So what is your OP ED posted for?

To reinforce YOUR OPINION?

4 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Didnt you just lie in the other thread and say "stay on topic"?

You seem confused.

So what is your OP ED posted for?

To reinforce YOUR OPINION?

I responded to your comment.

Just now, hst2 said:

I responded to your comment.

With someone else's opinion..........so what?

1 hour ago, Guido2 said:

Ohhhh boy....you mean that they might actually pay the players a sort of normal salary for being genetic freaks? That I might be able to purchase tickets without having to sell body parts. :lol:

Kneel baby kneel. :lol:

Waxing nostalgic.....but football was a hell of lot more fun to watch when guys like Johnny U sold beer in the off season.  But as much as I hate to say it Joe Willie's contract screwed that up.

I knew a Redskin that appeared in Safeway's to sell Sealtest milk for $100 an hour in the off season.

Plenty of Americans feel the National Anthem, standing during its playing, with your hat off holding your hand over your heart was sort of a sacred tradition honoring our military.  They don't and won't support people or movements that want to turn it into something else.  Doesn't mean you're a racist.

1 minute ago, Boobie said:

Plenty of Americans feel the National Anthem, standing during its playing, with your hat off holding your hand over your heart was sort of a sacred tradition honoring our military.  They don't and won't support people or movements that want to turn it into something else.  Doesn't mean you're a racist.

Of course.......but anyway Dems can divide and potentially get more votes.........

8 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Of course.......but anyway Dems can divide and potentially get more votes.........

I'm sorry but trump is the one who used this issue to try and divide us.  No one was even paying attention to the whole thing anymore until trump attacked the players at one of his dumb rallies

Just now, banner1124 said:

I'm sorry but trump is the one who used this issue to try and divide us.  No one was even paying attention to the whole thing anymore until trump attacked the players at one of his dumb rallies

Your opinion

You're wasting keystrokes

17 minutes ago, Boobie said:

I knew a Redskin that appeared in Safeway's to sell Sealtest milk for $100 an hour in the off season.

Sealtest? Wow that goes back...do they even exist anymore? Good ol Elsie.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

You're wasting keystrokes

Good troll

Just now, mcorioles said:

Good troll

Why do you insist on throwing that word around so much?  You can't on one hand complain about how you are treated as a poster, and then throw out posts like this

2 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

Why do you insist on throwing that word around so much?  You can't on one hand complain about how you are treated as a poster, and then throw out posts like this

Because he is.

Just because for some strange reason you won't admit it doesn't mean it isn't so.

Hes the textbook definition.

Not even debatable.

And again.........yes I can because he doesn't deserve it.

Most of his posts are corny one liners insulting anyone with any hint of conservatism 

Edited by mcorioles

56 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Why do you assume "white liberals" are disingenuous about their concern for the plight of disadvantaged black citizens?

That has been a right wing talking point for a long time. 

I think there has to be a differentiation between 'white liberals' and over the top white liberal progressive nut bags. They are the ones doing the exploiting. Party above country is not just the domain of RWNJs.

Others on both sides.....well go to work each day.

Just now, mcorioles said:

Because he is.

Just because for some strange reason you won't admit it doesn't mean it isn't so.

Hes the textbook definition.

Not even debatable.

And again.........yes I can because he doesn't deserve it.

Your OPINION is not fact...

And sorry, but he's not the textbook definition of a troll.  Just because he has frequent disagreements and arguments with YOU doesn't make him the textbook definition of a troll.  So yeah, it's debatable.  I've got news for you, you aren't always right.

And for the record, as long as you continue to come at every situation from the position that you are always right and everyone else is always wrong you're going to keep having these altercations

Your OPINION is not fact...

And sorry, but he's not the textbook definition of a troll.  Just because he has frequent disagreements and arguments with YOU doesn't make him the textbook definition of a troll.  So yeah, it's debatable.  I've got news for you, you aren't always right.

And for the record, as long as you continue to come at every situation from the position that you are always right and everyone else is always wrong you're going to keep having these altercations

Guess what? When I'm right I'm not going to say I'm not.

I know it frustrates you guys.

Its not just ME......but you again leave that out to make your"point" sound better.

AND FOR THE RECORD as long as you and the other Libs don't hold your own to the same standards you apply to the rest of us you won't be taken seriously.......how could you?

Do I need to go back and give you samples of his postings ?

4 hours ago, mcorioles said:

Will the libs ever stop trying to divide people by race?

Did Trump ever say AA athletes only?

Do only AA's kneel?

Thread fail

The difference is that you and your ilk want to discriminate against non whites and non whites do nothing about it (essentially being a victim) and non whites wanting you to stop discriminating so they don't have to defend themselves.

The answer to the chicken or the egg in this situation is that if you and your ilk didn't discriminate then non whites wouldn't have to point it out. Get it?

I doubt you ever will.

8 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

8 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Your opinion

And a valid one. I dunno....looking back.....yeah....this race thing was still around I guess. But in previous administrations the nation as a whole dealt with it and moved on...bit by bit.

Now with Trump it has become a full blown cage match.

Now that being said; maybe SOME blacks and whites have been just putting up with it and not coming out of the closet with their hatred ....it was a massive zit .....and Trump popped it.....is that good or bad....only time will tell.

Just now, EgyptKang said:

The difference is that you and your ilk want to discriminate against non whites and non whites do nothing about it (essentially being a victim) and non whites wanting you to stop discriminating so they don't have to defend themselves.

The answer to the chicken or the egg in this situation is that if you and your ilk didn't discriminate then non whites wouldn't have to point it out. Get it?

I doubt you ever will.

LOL, another one who believes his personal opinion is fact.

Whats wrong with you?