Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saticon3

Wal-Mart raises pay, gives bonuses

85 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

How does a retroactive boycott work?

So with this new boycott I guess Walmart will be going out of business...since all the REAL AMERICANS (Muricans) don't shop there (and haven't for years) since it's cheap crap made in China (CHI-NUH)

So long Wallmart  :(

Just now, gonzoliberal said:

Ah yes... the '1%' pass out crumbs and the sheep gently graze...

After decades of underpayment of employees, the magnanimous WalMart ups their own minimum wage... just in time to give credit to the King. (who has passed his own crumbs along)  ('still short of a 'living wage', but hey, sheep should be grateful)

Many of us predicted this back during Obama's very first year in office, when it became apparent that, in spite of record giveaways to BigBank, the rest of the 1% decided to 'hold 'em', limit capital investment of any type until the libruls were out of power. (except, of course, 'investment' in funding 'the vast, right-wing conspiracy'.  (...which, it could be noted, actually runs things now)

Trumps election signaled a spending spree by American Bizniss which, after suppressing wages for 3 decades, is responding with the predictable crumbs... for which we should all be grateful. 

So enjoy your temporary tax cuts, miniscule raises and bloated, mismanaged military.  It will all go away again the next time America's elite decides to throw a temper tantrum.

Nobody listens to your decades old class warfare talking points anymore.

Time for a new schtick.

While I think it is great that Walmart and other companies are now deciding to increase wages etc.

However.... some of you are forgetting one very important thing.....all they are doing....which probably should have been done long ago......IS TAX DEDUCTABLE as the cost of doing business.

So don't get to whoop de do ....that they suddenly seen the light.

Big business regardless of who has been sitting on a ton of cash for years...with no real reason to not have done what they are doing now. Talk about PR....ohhh look since we got the tax bill passed look at all the cash we can hand out.

More like......ohhhhh payback time...the bill got passed....we will have a lot of extra money on top of what we already have ....so ....hey.....give the prez an attaboy moment.....look good.....and our cash level never changes.

Sorry I am a cynic. No one does anything now a days out of the good of their hearts. Especially big business.

Just now, mcorioles said:

Time for a new schtick.

Well, I guess YOU do...

It's only class warfare when we fight back...

...and judging by the way America's po-po is gearing up, it's gonna be a good one...

Just now, gonzoliberal said:

Well, I guess YOU do...

It's only class warfare when we fight back...

...and judging by the way America's po-po is gearing up, it's gonna be a good one...

What does your post even mean?

Let me go smoke up now.......maybe then I'll understand your post.

Be back in 5.

7 minutes ago, gonzoliberal said:

Ah yes... the '1%' pass out crumbs and the sheep gently graze...

After decades of underpayment of employees, the magnanimous WalMart ups their own minimum wage... just in time to give credit to the King. (who has passed his own crumbs along)  ('still short of a 'living wage', but hey, sheep should be grateful)

Many of us predicted this back during Obama's very first year in office, when it became apparent that, in spite of record giveaways to BigBank, the rest of the 1% decided to 'hold 'em', limit capital investment of any type until the libruls were out of power. (except, of course, 'investment' in funding 'the vast, right-wing conspiracy'.  (...which, it could be noted, actually runs things now)

Trumps election signaled a spending spree by American Bizniss which, after suppressing wages for 3 decades, is responding with the predictable crumbs... for which we should all be grateful. 

So enjoy your temporary tax cuts, miniscule raises and bloated, mismanaged military.  It will all go away again the next time America's elite decides to throw a temper tantrum.

Well said

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

While I think it is great that Walmart and other companies are now deciding to increase wages etc.

However.... some of you are forgetting one very important thing.....all they are doing....which probably should have been done long ago......IS TAX DEDUCTABLE as the cost of doing business.

So don't get to whoop de do ....that they suddenly seen the light.

Big business regardless of who has been sitting on a ton of cash for years...with no real reason to not have done what they are doing now. Talk about PR....ohhh look since we got the tax bill passed look at all the cash we can hand out.

More like......ohhhhh payback time...the bill got passed....we will have a lot of extra money on top of what we already have ....so ....hey.....give the prez an attaboy moment.....look good.....and our cash level never changes.

Sorry I am a cynic. No one does anything now a days out of the good of their hearts. Especially big business.

Yup.  Corporations made record profits post-Recession but couldn't afford wage increases.  It's cool, China's subsidizing this tax cut.

7 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Time for a new schtick.

Ahhh I did.....and gee I am a middle aged conservative white guy that happens to be registered as a dem.

4 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Yup.  Corporations made record profits post-Recession but couldn't afford wage increases.  It's cool, China's subsidizing this tax cut.

I don't get this one....could you clarify please

Ahhh do you mean all the loans that evil China made to the US?

Edited by Guido2

17 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

It's an expression.  It means that libs and Democrats should already be boycotting Walmart, but they aren't unless you believe that only republicans are Walmart customers, and you can even see some of the "people of Walmart" spoof sites to see that's not true.

Let's discuss the new 'expression' you've introduced in this post. What is the distinction between "libs and Democrats". 

I'd also like to know what app you are using when you visit the "people of Walmart" sites that divulges the customer's voter registration.   

1 minute ago, Guido2 said:

Ahhh I did.....and gee I am a middle aged conservative white guy that happens to be registered as a dem.

Well then I guess you aren't a fan of capitalism.

Trust me,I have issues with corporate greed....I've said so numerous times here.

But attacking them for giving more regardless of what they keep is better than not getting it......no?

And gee......I'm a middle aged UNION worker registered as an IND.

3 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I don't get this one....could you clarify please

Ahhh do you mean all the loans that evil China made to the US?

Yeah, I believe they are largest holder of US debt which will only continue to grow with taxes getting cut on top of deficits.

Edited by ivanbalt

1 minute ago, mcorioles said:

Well then I guess you aren't a fan of capitalism.

Trust me,I have issues with corporate greed....I've said so numerous times here.

But attacking them for giving more regardless of what they keep is better than not getting it......no?

And gee......I'm a middle aged UNION worker registered as an IND.

I am a fan of capitalism when applied in the truest sense. But like you have have issues with PLAIN FLAT OUT GREED.

And I am not attacking them, frankly I am pleasantly surprised that are finally doing SOMETHING THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING since the great recession ended and record profits etc. occured. All because the uswashed tax dollars propped the system up.

They took the money....they ran with it....they got out. And as repayment....the unwashed watched their wages stagnate, their level of investment opportunities diminise (yup those .5% cds are great) and so on.

Now we the unwashed are supposed to be all sorts of happy because of the very late recent largece (sic) of industry. I guess a 1/16th of a loaf is better than none....but it is still a day late and a dollar short IMO.

Ohhh and btw I do not know or care what union you belong to. However, assuming it is a strong one.....your viewpoint and more importantly the clout you and yours have because of that is WAY WAY WAY MORE than the average worker. I worked in IT for 35 years never in a union....but I wager if I was and it was a strong one....I and others could have been making HIGH 6 figures and not 5 as I was when I retired.

Different strokes for different folks.

11 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Yeah, I believe they are largest holder of US debt which will only continue to grow with taxes getting cut on top of deficits.

OK Thanks.

Kinda funny isn't it ....the mean old communists....the mean old russians....the mean old chinese. Are keeping the US going. Almost sort of like Maryland keeping the city a float ... but in a much larger scale. :lol:

After thought.....it would be ironic if China called in the debt and took over the US in bankruptcy court.

Takes over a nation without firing a shot.....ohhh the irony.

Edited by Guido2

2 minutes ago, Guido2 said:

I am a fan of capitalism when applied in the truest sense. But like you have have issues with PLAIN FLAT OUT GREED.

And I am not attacking them, frankly I am pleasantly surprised that are finally doing SOMETHING THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING since the great recession ended and record profits etc. occured. All because the uswashed tax dollars propped the system up.

They took the money....they ran with it....they got out. And as repayment....the unwashed watched their wages stagnate, their level of investment opportunities diminise (yup those .5% cds are great) and so on.

Now we the unwashed are supposed to be all sorts of happy because of the very late recent largece (sic) of industry. I guess a 1/16th of a loaf is better than none....but it is still a day late and a dollar short IMO.

Ohhh and btw I do not know or care what union you belong to. However, assuming it is a strong one.....your viewpoint and more importantly the clout you and yours have because of that is WAY WAY WAY MORE than the average worker. I worked in IT for 35 years never in a union....but I wager if I was and it was a strong one....I and others could have been making HIGH 6 figures and not 5 as I was when I retired.

Different strokes for different folks.

My issue is this only gets brought up with a Repub in office.

And guess what else?

Im told here and by the Union Dems are in my best intrest..........

Except thanks to Obama I pay for health insurance now......only co pays previously.

40 minutes ago, FatBoy said:

Let's discuss the new 'expression' you've introduced in this post. What is the distinction between "libs and Democrats". 

I'd also like to know what app you are using when you visit the "people of Walmart" sites that divulges the customer's voter registration.   

I left wiggle room based on the theory that not all Democrats are liberal and not all liberals are Democrats.  I know that it's not the norm, but I don't like to paint all libs and Democrats as being one and the same. 

If I did I'd refer to them as dumbmocrats but then I'd be lowering myself to the same broad brush standards that others exhibit with regard to Republicans.

32 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

My issue is this only gets brought up with a Repub in office.

And guess what else?

Im told here and by the Union Dems are in my best intrest..........

Except thanks to Obama I pay for health insurance now......only co pays previously.

So are you saying that before Obama you never had deductibles only co pays?  Then consider yourself lucky because most of us who've had insurance have had more than co pays for a very long time now

2 minutes ago, Ode2Joy said:

I left wiggle room based on the theory that not all Democrats are liberal and not all liberals are Democrats.  I know that it's not the norm, but I don't like to paint all libs and Democrats as being one and the same. 

If I did I'd refer to them as dumbmocrats but then I'd be lowering myself to the same broad brush standards that others exhibit with regard to Republicans.

Nice job. You answered 50% of the questions. That's better than Donny did with the popular vote in 2016. Your star is on the rise. 

6 minutes ago, banner1124 said:

So are you saying that before Obama you never had deductibles only co pays?  Then consider yourself lucky because most of us who've had insurance have had more than co pays for a very long time now

Yes.

And I understand how lucky I was.........not because I or we deserve it more than anyone else.......because the company could EASILY afford it.

And it's a shame a lot have to pay.

I understand you have to have a fairly substantial profit margin to do this......many do but won't.

2 hours ago, Saticon3 said:

Oh that evil Wal-Mart you know they are just doing this to try to make Trump look good

Better save those pennies:

"Walmart is suddenly closing several Sam's Club stores across the US. Closures were reported by local media in Texas, New York, New Jersey, Indiana, Arizona, Alaska, and elsewhere. In some cases, employees were not informed of the closures prior to showing up to work on Thursday. Instead, they learned that their store would be closing when they found the store's doors locked and a notice announcing the closure, according to reports.."

Link

LMAO

Werent you guys just crying about how cheap Wal Mart is and should give their employees more money and better benefits?

Ill use your guys talking point.

Why do you want Trump and America to fail?

1 minute ago, mcorioles said:

LMAO

Werent you guys just crying about how cheap Wal Mart is and should give their employees more money and better benefits?

Ill use your guys talking point.

Why do you want Trump and America to fail?

Walmart and Trump illustrate the failure of America. 

Low Unemployment, not tax cuts, is why Walmart is raising wages. 

As I’ve been saying for years, the US is experiencing a shortage of working adults. This is one of the main reasons I support Amnesty for undocumented immigrants. 

The move, taking minimum pay up from the current $10 an hour after in-house training, is designed to help the retailer attract workers at a time when the U.S. unemployment rate is at 4.1 percent, a 17-year low, making it harder to attract and retain minimum wage employees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-walmart-wages/lower-taxes-and-tight-labor-market-prompt-walmart-to-hike-u-s-wages-idUSKBN1F01N8

1 minute ago, soulflower said:

Low Unemployment, not tax cuts, is why Walmart is raising wages. 

As I’ve been saying for years, the US is experiencing a shortage of working adults. This is one of the main reasons I support Amnesty for undocumented immigrants. 

The move, taking minimum pay up from the current $10 an hour after in-house training, is designed to help the retailer attract workers at a time when the U.S. unemployment rate is at 4.1 percent, a 17-year low, making it harder to attract and retain minimum wage employees.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-walmart-wages/lower-taxes-and-tight-labor-market-prompt-walmart-to-hike-u-s-wages-idUSKBN1F01N8

Sounds like you're making the opposite case to me?