soulflower

Trump doesn’t understand why people become immigrants

243 posts in this topic

WaPo: “Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘expletive’ countries in Oval Office meeting”

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

"Why are we having all these people from [expletive] countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday. 

The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman declined to offer an immediate comment on Trump's remarks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-****hole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?__twitter_impression=true

America was built by immigrants who left [expletive] countries.

Most Immigrants choose to leave their country in the hopes for experiencing financial and political stability in the US.

No one who is happy with the economic and political environment in their native country suddenly decides to emigrate to a completely different country. 

Edited by Baltimatt

According to 2 people ...unnamed.

Such journalists integrity at good old WaPo.

Appears to be the same economic anxiety that caused many whites to vote for Trump.

I heard 2 people at the library say they heard Hillary admitted to wearing 3 pairs of spanxxx.

1 minute ago, michiganjoe said:

Appears to be the same economic anxiety that caused many whites to vote for Trump.

They claim to be anti-Illegal Immigration but they’re revealing themselves as simply anti-Immigrant. 

Just now, soulflower said:

They claim to be anti-Illegal Immigration but they’re revealing themselves as simply anti-Immigrant. 

According to 2 unnamed "sources".

Well I’m glad to hear that they are talking about fixing the Haitian and El Salvadoran issues. Donny, just shut up and sign whatever they come up with.

9 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

According to 2 unnamed "sources".

He said it in a room with members of Congress

No denial from the White House

Gee, I wonder why you'd prefer immigrants from Norway over Haiti and Africa?

Good to see some media pundits not mincing words any longer- the guy's a stone cold racist.

11 minutes ago, soulflower said:

He said it in a room with members of Congress

No denial from the White House

Ok even if he did,so what?

I know you guys want to make it a big deal and all but it's really just frank talk.

14 minutes ago, michiganjoe said:

Gee, I wonder why you'd prefer immigrants from Norway over Haiti and Africa?

Good to see some media pundits not mincing words any longer- the guy's a stone cold racist.

I think the US would seem like a Craphole country to someone from Norway

6 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Ok even if he did,so what?

I know you guys want to make it a big deal and all but it's really just frank talk.

So what if a racist is trying to change the immigration system? 

What it shows is Trump doesn’t have a clue about immigration 

4 minutes ago, soulflower said:

So what if a racist is trying to change the immigration system? 

What it shows is Trump doesn’t have a clue about immigration 

Why is he a racist?

See there you go trying to justify a stance based on an opinion to make it sound valid.

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.

Article

This would be another data point confirming Trump's deep racism. Except if you're a Trumpeter, support him because YOU'RE a racist, or are a GOP politician.

27 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Why is he a racist?

See there you go trying to justify a stance based on an opinion to make it sound valid.

He’s either racist or xenophobic or both

Oops. Did not realize souflower's thread was about this subject. Mods: please merge

29 minutes ago, mcorioles said:

Why is he a racist?

There are so many data points supporting that assertion that you cannot have missed them all unless it was deliberately.

3 minutes ago, Evil Yoda said:

There are so many data points supporting that assertion that you cannot have missed them all unless it was deliberately.

Is this an example?

Is what he said not true?

If they aren't 5hitholes why do they want to leave?

Now,his follow up was dumb (see question above )I just asked above,that I can agree on.

Edited by mcorioles

well here's the good news...as soon as he and his enablers turn the US in to a shi!hole (well on the way), no one will come here. They come here because this country offers them a better chance...maybe he and his racist, bigoted and clueless supporters need to read the inscription on the base of the Statue of Liberty. What a moron...

Edited by can you hear me now!

1 hour ago, soulflower said:

I think the US would seem like a Craphole country to someone from Norway

then why don't they all go there?

LOL,the self righteous liberal Sun board members .

The moral authorities who only stand up for women that have a D in front of their name

The ones who fawn over the Hollywood "elite"

The ones who make fun of Sara Huckaby and Kelly Ann Conway for their appearance.

The ones who engage in blasphemous behavior (if your religious)directed at Catholics.

The ones that aren't concerned about proven collusion,Hillary.....yet are convinced of Trumps guilt with still no evidence.

None of you have credibility to tell anyone what they are.